Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Who will voice the game?

Have you approached any voice actors yet for the game? 

Comments

• They're discussing even having voice actors or not, it's very expensive.
  • no ones been approached as of yet as far as we know however i'd vote for @Sarumonin
    and @Pelum

• I would hope that they don't bother with voice acting since it is so expensive. Money could be better spent on expanding the game. Besides its the story that is more important imo; if its interesting and well written, most people will happily read it. 
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    Even if NPC dialog isn't voiced, they'll still require voice acting for player character emotes, combat actions, (grunting, getting hurt, etc) and the like for certain enemies as well. 

At least, it would seem rather strange not to have these things at all. 
  • With the latest speech synthesis technology available, maybe IS won't need to hire voice actors...

https://singularityhub.com/2017/05/24/new-ai-mimics-any-voice-in-a-matter-of-minutes/
  • Well.... this is incredibly embarrassing... and I know I'm going to regret sharing this here...  but this link leads to a couple voice additions of several characters that I recorded 4 or 5 years ago for a Hat Films Minecraft youtube project that never saw the light of day. 

So you know, if they ever want volunteers for anything... I'd get over my embarrasment if they asked me.  ;).

• ˚̩͙⚛ ͙*̩̩̥˚̩͙⚛ ͙*̩̩̥GIVE ME MATTHEW MERCER˚̩͙⚛ ͙*̩̩̥˚̩͙⚛ ͙*̩̩̥
  • Give me Steve bloom 
  • Give me Peter Cullen!
  • Even if NPC dialog isn't voiced, they'll still require voice acting for player character emotes, combat actions, (grunting, getting hurt, etc) and the like for certain enemies as well. 

I don't believe there are voices for emotes or combat actions in world of warcraft and it doesn't seem strange to me. So, I guess it is fine without it. 
  • serious said:
    Even if NPC dialog isn't voiced, they'll still require voice acting for player character emotes, combat actions, (grunting, getting hurt, etc) and the like for certain enemies as well. 

I don't believe there are voices for emotes or combat actions in world of warcraft and it doesn't seem strange to me. So, I guess it is fine without it. 
    Im not that familiar with wow, so I just did a quick youtube search.  Seems to me this guy is grunting when he swings his weapons about, from time to time.  You're probably not even conscious of most combat voices, that you don't even register them when playing. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQJU17PY2AE

• Well.... this is incredibly embarrassing... and I know I'm going to regret sharing this here...  but this link leads to a couple voice additions of several characters that I recorded 4 or 5 years ago for a Hat Films Minecraft youtube project that never saw the light of day. 

So you know, if they ever want volunteers for anything... I'd get over my embarrasment if they asked me.  ;).

"I send the b*tch to the bottom of the ocean" lol omg 

This was good, I liked it. The accent you made with your nasals reminded me villagers of Minecraft. In other words Squidward   :D
  • Here's hoping for Brian Blessed as the  male Dwarf!
  • serious said:

wow does have player emotes jokes and voices
  • Kratz said:
    Here's hoping for Brian Blessed as the  male Dwarf!
    Best HIGNFY host ever!
  • I have tried to approach them but they sued me for stalking.

I would love to have voiced parts, if not only for the main questlines-characters, also for some of the lore.
  • Even if NPC dialog isn't voiced, they'll still require voice acting for player character emotes, combat actions, (grunting, getting hurt, etc) and the like for certain enemies as well. 

I know a great place to record some grunts.  Would be free.
  • Crymoar said:

You go to the Braver of Worlds Tavern too?
    edited June 2017
    Kratz said:
    Crymoar said:

You go to the Braver of Worlds Tavern too?
    Certainly, certainly.  The vomitorium is always full of sights, sounds, and smells that can be found nowhere else.

Grunts, groans, and gags galore along with various other flatulent noises.

This dwarf loves you even more now *_* 

p.s I will now always read your posts in one of these many voices now xD

Wow - awesome matey!

Voice 1 - Kermit the Frog

Voice 2 - Psycho Bob

You really sound alike I think lol. Made my day - thanks for sharing, maybe we can all do it on discord one Friday night after a few flagons too many! :p

@Rumbleforge I'm sorry I missed this post earlier. Your voice is awesome! Not at all gruff and beer soaked as I'd come to expect ;) Seriously, you have mad talent there <3
  • Diura said:

Kratz said:
    Wow - awesome matey!

Voice 2 - Psycho Bob

You really sound alike I think lol. Made my day - thanks for sharing, maybe we can all do it on discord one Friday night after a few flagons too many! :p

lexmax said:
    @Rumbleforge I'm sorry I missed this post earlier. Your voice is awesome! Not at all gruff and beer soaked as I'd come to expect ;) Seriously, you have mad talent there <3
    Thanks gang.
    You made me blush. :)

I do have a dwarven Rmbleforge voice, but it's kind of like the drill sgt voice, only less angry and more jovial. 
  • Diura said:

Kratz said:
    Wow - awesome matey!

Voice 2 - Psycho Bob

lexmax said:
    Thanks gang.
    You made me blush. :)

I do have a dwarven Rmbleforge voice, but it's kind of like the drill sgt voice, only less angry and more jovial. 
    Do we get to hear? :000
  • Diura said:

Probably... eventually...  ;)
    edited June 2017
    Diura said:

Probably... eventually...  ;)
    @Diura, we need to get him back in the Braver of Worlds tavern for some flagons! We need to get the shy laddy drunk as a door nail!
  • I volunteer to voice act. Just pay my normal working wage as an electrician. I could always use a trip to San Diego.  ;P
  • I hope they don't have voice actors, they're expensive, and it doesn't leave any imagination to the player, maybe for cut scenes, I suppose? The initial beginning cut scene where you enter the world. 
  • A game in 2018 or beyond without voice overs would be really weird and honestly a bit jarring, it's just one of those things most players have come to rely on being featured in a modern game. Some studios even use their own employees who aren't terrible at it to do voice over work for their games. I don't think the voice actors need to be famous people by any means, there's a lot of really great talent that won't cost an arm and a leg that they could utilize. Don't go for the name recognition actors if you're trying to keep costs down, and don't rob the game of voice actors because you think people need famous voice actors. Also, the player character can be voiceless other than movement/combat voices.