Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

End Game

Hi All.. i wanted to ask a question of the community about end game.. i just wanted to see if Intrepid had put thought into it.. I have seen games stumble at startup because they didnt think to much about having endgame content at startup. Mostly they thought people would take a while to get to max level. I like the concept of this game and have become a backer because of it.. i want the game to succeed as we all do.. I have seen people get to max level in a very short time.. (mostly wow, but also other games) and am hoping the content is ready come launch.. is there any links to information about this content available yet?

Comments

• Options

Hi @Kyraku,

This topic has been previously discussed at length https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/comment/42707 and I'd advise you to read it as many good and valid points are discussed on "end game". With the dynamic nature of progression in this game it suggests that "end game" will be different for different servers and that it will be the players themselves that decide the direction of the "end game" rather than us hitting a wall and re-running through content.

We may need to redefine our idea of "end game" to appreciate what Intrepid has in store for us and I think it's going to be potentially, quite revolutionary in the context of the genre.

Also, Death Proxy is a mod here and he's a great resource for any and all current info on the game. If you're looking for an interesting catch up then here's the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exzc1P2ka1A&list=PLJvvIDgksu7OluQF-IeSzwh_AlEMe8m7s&index=1.

I hope this helps :)

• Options
    So is there going to be a max level?
  • Options
    The thing with AoC is that it doesn't have a traditional endgame due to pogression being non linear. You have agency over yourself and choose your own goals. You can decide to help fight off a player imvasion from another node , maybe just become a farmer and grow potatos or go into a mountain to destroy that high level ice dragon that turned up last night and is ravaging trade routes. Everything you do is in service of growing the node. There are always things to do that suit your level.

You can't think of the game like WoW with a defined end point. The closest thing to "endgame" is probably sieges of other nodes and maybe even fighting high level monsters and dungeons when they turn up.  
  • Options
    Honestly hope this game is more of you can hit max or high level with ease and then its at that point the game world starts to flesh itself out more and since many mmo's tend to be the most fun once you are high level and have access to more abilities and accommodations throughout the world
  • Options
    kyraku said:
    Hi All.. i wanted to ask a question of the community about end game.. i just wanted to see if Intrepid had put thought into it.. I have seen games stumble at startup because they didnt think to much about having endgame content at startup. Mostly they thought people would take a while to get to max level. I like the concept of this game and have become a backer because of it.. i want the game to succeed as we all do.. I have seen people get to max level in a very short time.. (mostly wow, but also other games) and am hoping the content is ready come launch.. is there any links to information about this content available yet?
    Paraphrasing from the developers regarding "endgame" in Ashes:
    1. There will be no endgame, per say. 
    2. Endgame is a bad term because Ashes is structured so that content is constantly being revealed to you. 
    3. Playing Ashes is more about the development of the world than hitting max level.
    4. Ashes will maintain the relevancy of the entire world, not just levelling by moving from zone to zone.
  • Options
    Gildwr said:
    So is there going to be a max level?
    I'm quite confident there'll be a max level, though it hasn't been confirmed what exactly it would be, but it wouldn't necessarily impact on your game in the way it in more traditional theme park MMOs. You won't be heading off to redo a dungeon 50 times in order to get a shiny sword. More than likely your daily gaming won't change that much from your earlier contribution but there'll be dynamic events that will occur randomly that will challenge you as a max level player. You'll also be able to enter the higher tier zones and reap the material rewards of exploring those zones.
  • Options
    Thank you all for the information.. i will look at all the links and study the contents.. i like the idea of a non linear progression for the characters which mean that it will take a long time for me to discover all there is to do.. i think i would like to max out a specific crafting profession and go exploring while decorating my house with the trophies from the hunt. That kinda gives me another question, will i be able to collect trophies from the elite mobs i take down or help take down to decorate my pad?
  • Options
    Good questions, be sure to tune in 30th day of this month for next stream Q&A from the devs. Maybe you get some of those questions answered. 99.9% of what community knows is just theories for now. Sadly.