Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Music

ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
edited June 2017 in Fan Art
I know this will be a long shot, but I have been creating origional songs for a bit now, and seeing that every game needs some good orchestral music I might be able to create something amazing.

It's something I've been doing as a hobby, and instead of paying a composer to create something I'd do it for free!  Besides the zero costs, you could also totally get away with bragging about how you would have community created content in your game!
Feel free to completely ignore this, as I'm simply just another brick in the wall.   If anything, please do enjoy them!

Here's some orchestral songs I've created so far:

(last part of the first song I linked)

Comments

• Will you make me a theme song? Something dashing and kick ass?
  • What would you need it for? As I've done made some intro music for people's twitch streams before.

For now, I've removed the advertisment in ur signature though :wink:

• Good luck with your creations @Forcefield2! I enjoyed your music for sure. One thing I will say is that Intrepid have a great composer as it is, although I still don't know who he/she is. The music from the game's footage so far has been quite epic imo and I can't wait for the OS to be advertised for purchase.

Music sets the scene for any MMO just as it does for the movies. Lets hope Intrepid maintain the standard set :)

• I fully agree, I love how music can set a part a good movie and a great movie.
    If you watch a horror without sound you probably won't be scared at all.  If you watch an epic movie with a different song under it, it suddenly becomes a lot less perfect.

Good music either breaks or makes the scenes and games we play without us realising it
  • Those of us that might be wanting to create storytelling type videos within Ashes itself.... would you uh, be willing to score such projects? 
    ;)
  • Oh my god, this is incredible. 
  • Omg this is some incredible talent! I adore orchestras and ost music (I just went to see Hans Zimmer in concert ❤️Absolute dream ) and I must say these tracks are amazing! It takes some talent to be able to compose music so well done idd! I look forward to hearing more!
    And like everyone else has stated if you ever want to make guild themes you'll do great xD I know my guild would love it xD I've never seen a community member make orchestrated music before so this was most certainly a pleasant surprise xD

How do you do it! XD
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    Those of us that might be wanting to create storytelling type videos within Ashes itself.... would you uh, be willing to score such projects? 
    ;)

Sure, if the story is compelling I'd be honored ;)
  • @Forcefield2 How do you make the music ^^
  • Diura said:
    @Forcefield2 How do you make the music ^^
    I use FL Studio.

There I mainly use Kontakt and the libraries you can see in the screenshot which I use for the sounds that need to be most realistic.
    I also have a free sample pack from Sonita Symphonic Orchestra which I use for percussion.
    And sometimes to fill I use nexus.

• Diura said:
    @Forcefield2 How do you make the music ^^
    I use FL Studio.

There I mainly use Kontakt and the libraries you can see in the screenshot which I use for the sounds that need to be most realistic.
    I also have a free sample pack from Sonita Symphonic Orchestra which I use for percussion.
    And sometimes to fill I use nexus.

*gives cookie* that looks complicated xD
  • God that reminds me so much of the civilisation games great work 
  • @Forcefield2 I really like your music. It would be an amazing score behind epic sieges and world shattering events in Ashes.
    edited June 2017
    Thank you very much for the great responses, I really appriciate it!

Rumbleforge gave me a great idea about setting up a storyline for Ashes of Creation, so I've created my own little project at the moment in which I'll take apart the kickstarter video and try to create my own cinematic introduction for this amazing game.
    It will be a cinematic video since I can't scrub away the music when the creators are speaking so I've decided to only use ingame footage and tell a story of my own, I'll try to work on it all day, and if that's not enough I'll work on the next days. I'll post it here when it's done :D

Edit: I might've underestimated the time involved. I've been working on this for about 7 hours now, and from the total 4 minutes, I'm only at 1:20 :|

Progress Image:
    https://image.prntscr.com/image/7fDn3qA-Trah2ao3AbYfKw.png

@Diura I have never learned notes or musical theory, so once you get the basics behind using FL Studio, you could also start to create something like this!

• I know this will be a long shot, but I have been creating origional songs for a bit now, and seeing that every game needs some good orchestral music I might be able to create something amazing.

It's something I've been doing as a hobby, and instead of paying a composer to create something I'd do it for free!  Besides the zero costs, you could also totally get away with bragging about how you would have community created content in your game!
    Feel free to completely ignore this, as I'm simply just another brick in the wall.   If anything, please do enjoy them!

Here's some orchestral songs I've created so far:

(last part of the first song I linked)

send Intrepid samples of your music
    edited June 2017
    This community should drown you in likes. 'Cause I can't do enough.