Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

In Game Guild Logos!

they have said they will not allow player uploaded emblems for your guilds due to RP reasons and immersion. so. how wide range and diverse do you guys think they will be on our choices of designs for emblems. im very curious about this as some games just give you a bunch of shapes like circles and squares and lets be real thats just boring AF.

Comments

• ^ It's probably going to be along the same lines. But I hope with more choice and better graphics than other games.
  • lexmax said:
    ^ It's probably going to be along the same lines. But I hope with more choice and better graphics than other games.
    im def praying for it
  • I was really hoping for my wolf head.  :(
    Sad Rabbit.
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2017
    I think Albion Online let's you submit a custom emblem to them to include in the game after they approve(or they did during the Beta) so possible Intrepid could do this.

It sounds like alot of work though so I'm really doubtful this will be the route they take. 

I'm glad they have restricted this. As cool as it was in Archeage to have custom sails in your ships, it wasnt all that cool to sail by a guy with Naruto having sex with Hitler on his sails.
  • This is great because it means that there is no copyright but kind of sad aswell xD our guild has been working on a logo would have been nice to display in game xD Will just need to use it forums instead :3
    I hope the diversity is great. For Honor actually had a nice emblem making mechanic :3
  • If they have great customization like APB reloaded, I will be happy.
  • Diura said:
    This is great because it means that there is no copyright but kind of sad aswell xD our guild has been working on a logo would have been nice to display in game xD Will just need to use it forums instead :3
    I hope the diversity is great. For Honor actually had a nice emblem making mechanic :3
    i too enjoyed for honors emblem system. now that Peer2Peer system is another story.

If they have great customization like APB reloaded, I will be happy.
    whats APB reloaded?
    edited June 2017
    I am so glad someone mentioned APB!
    Now, I played it before it was "Reloaded" but APB had the best character creation of any game I ever played.

But more importantly, in relation to this thread topics, it had the most versatile "crafting" in any game I've ever seen. 
    And that's because you could really DESIGN in that game, through it's own built in design app - think of it as a mini version of Photoshop. 

The longer you stayed logged in the game, the more design skills you could unlock.  (So I just stayed logged in overnight a couple times to max out the design skills).
    I still have screenshots from the game (back from 2010) when I wrote a review for my guild) so let me share some of the process with you. 

In APB, you could design your own custom imagery for clothing, tattoos, vehicles, etc.  Here is my character "Sorsha" who is about to make a custom design on her shirt:

Here are two designs I made, within the in game editor:

The designs are made with "shapes", a variety of shapes that you can manipulate and transform in size and color, etc.

Now here I am applying some of my custom designs on the shirt, placing them wherever I like:

And here is my finished result:

Here I made a matching vehicle design:

Even though you just worked with shapes, the system was EXTEMELY versatile, if you were imaginative. 

Here was my most fun character to play, because of what I designed.... 

That's right, I made a crime fighting UPS driver....all because I was able to recreate the UPS logo in game, using it's system of shapes.  (I got a lot of comments on this guy back then.).

This shows you just how awesome a robust in-game design system can be - but also probably shows you too how thin a line copyright infringement could be in a game...  so where is the line?
    I would love to have something this versatile in Ashes though, I'm not going to lie to you. 

APB was tech ahead of its time..... it's such a shame that it was never used towards a MMORPG.  It would have been ideal.   However, due to the type of game it was, APB had the absolute worst gaming community I have EVER seen in all my years of online gaming.   It was absolutely atrocious, and was bound to failure with such an environment.  

• I am so glad someone mentioned APB!
    Wow, @Rumbleforge, that was an interesting overview indeed! I heard about the game, and saw a couple of gameplay, but I didn't know the customization could reach such depth. Even if I would love to see something similar implemented in AoC, I fear how players could easily misuse it.

I'd hate to see giant penis emblems and banners, for instance.
  • That design system is incredible!
    But I am glad they are restricting it in AoC; it would definitely get misused and would kill immersion.
    edited June 2017
    well that system in apb is def something. something like that would be really cool.

not for aoc though
  • I'm a little pissed at this idea seeing as how there will be money spent on emblems now. They should really make it uploadable. 
    edited July 2017
    I want them to employ the same logo system that existed in Halo III if they're not going to allow custom image uploading.
    For those who don't know what I am talking about, you had 3 layers and a ton of logos that you could merge to make a complete logo. They were simple images but you could make some decent stuff.

Armored Core 4 answer also had a system similar where you had a bunch of generic shapes and pictures that could be resized and pieced together with 16 layers. I've seen some AMAZING emblems made out of these even did a few myself.

• Yes. I did love those systems. I really hope they give us a massive emblem variety. 
  • @Rumbleforge - While I think your crime fighting UPS driver is quite clever, I believe that's exactly what Intrepid is trying to prevent.  If they allow things like that in game, it threatens to open them up to legal action.  Sad world, but there it is.  :(
  • i alsodont want to see UPS in game. immersion
  • @NoeSparks we'll have Ashes' Supermail Service :tongue:
    im down
    Oh boy! I can't wait to make a 'ASS Hat!'
    ;)
  • @Rumbleforge got you covered bruh