Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

A few questions about religion?

Hey!
Ok, so I'm not even sure if this is a thing that has been confirmed to be in the game or I just made it up? If it is a thing can I create a religion or are there pre-existing ones that I get to choose from?  what would I be able to do with it? Would I be able to influence a node?

Comments

• There are pre-existing religions because the gods "exist" and we know they are real. There is not much depth at the moment but you can do various activities/quests to support your religion. You can build temples/statues etc and there are talks of down the line that maybe if your religious progression is far enough it might provide small augments to your skills. It may influence a node and you may change religion through out your game experience but naturally you'll loose progress with the religion you abandoned,
  • Diura said:
    There are pre-existing religions because the gods "exist" and we know they are real. There is not much depth at the moment but you can do various activities/quests to support your religion. You can build temples/statues etc and there are talks of down the line that maybe if your religious progression is far enough it might provide small augments to your skills. It may influence a node and you may change religion through out your game experience but naturally you'll loose progress with the religion you abandoned,
    Nice! Thankyou!
  • There is a pre-existing pantheon which will provide perks and augments if you support one of its gods via Religion progression.

Some of us will also be proselytizing unofficial religions, like the cult of @nagash.
  • Dygz said:
    There is a pre-existing pantheon which will provide perks and augments if you support one of its gods via Religion progression.

Some of us will also be proselytizing unofficial religions, like the cult of @nagash.
    It won't be long till you're part of this cult too @Tazlar xD You've been warned/enlightened I'm not sure which xD
  • Dygz said:
    There is a pre-existing pantheon which will provide perks and augments if you support one of its gods via Religion progression.

Some of us will also be proselytizing
    I don't know what that means but it sounds naughty.
  • I can teach you...  :p
  • Diura said:
    Dygz said:

It won't be long till you're part of this cult too @Tazlar xD You've been warned/enlightened I'm not sure which xD
    Cult? Sounds Great! Where do I join!? xD
  • Yeah, Any other created Religion will have to be role-played, there doesn't seem to be an in game mechanic to allow for self created religions. 

Those religious nodes look like fun. 
  • If you upset the god enough,  it will come down to earth and challenge you. If you beat it, you take its place. Only catch: it's immortal, but if you can get around it, you're halfway through. Of course, if you also are immortal, like @nagash , then ther's no problem.

• Can you imagine if we could make a religion, and we place a player on a pedestal as a form of a mortal God.
  • Been there; done that.
    Cult of the Lich King  @nagash
  • Can you imagine if we could make a religion, and we place a player on a pedestal as a form of a mortal God.
    Hello ^^
  • Since we've unlocked the Stock Market, I'd like to see religious battles follow suit.

For example, as one Religion grows in influence, the others take a hit. The end effect being that the perks/rewards/abilities granted by the other religions grow slightly weaker, forcing their members to get creative in convincing folks to convert.

"Join our Church, we have pie!"
    "Come to Cthulhu and we promise you'll die last!"
    "10% off all Tithes if you convert today!"
  • I think I'd prefer for us to rebel against the whims of the gods. Titans style.
  • I wonder if its possible to have like custom styled guilds. The reason I bring this up in this particular thread is if you could have a religious styled guild, is it possible to host a religious war against another religious guild and force converts, etc? Or even impose a religious tax?
  • There is no way to force converts.
    Might some how be able to intimidate a ransom.

There are Divine nodes, so we can expect forms of religious taxes there.
    We can expect religious conflicts - some of which will lead to battles and wars.

The guilds associated with Divine nodes will be de facto religious styled guilds, but really any guild that focuses on Religion progression could be as well.
  • Since we've unlocked the Stock Market, I'd like to see religious battles follow suit.

For example, as one Religion grows in influence, the others take a hit. The end effect being that the perks/rewards/abilities granted by the other religions grow slightly weaker, forcing their members to get creative in convincing folks to convert.

I wholeheartly agree with this. It adds a nice touch imo

I wholeheartly agree with this. It adds a nice touch imo
  • I would love that we actualy have like few gods in the game (but players) that can have a influance on other nodes and more people (npc or players) are in those nodes like praying to you or giving tributes for blessings :D would be nice but I don't know how it would be possible fights ? influance ? or anything else make you a god ?
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2017
    ALL HAIL THE PHOENIX GOD, WHO MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE CREATED US.