Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

AoC Store Items

When the announcement of the AoC store was made, i was looking forward to a place where I could purchase an AoC T-Shirt and Coffee Mug...   I was a bit disappointed that there were no promotional items for the game to be purchased.  It would be great advertising and fund raiser.   Is there any thought into making these items available?

Comments

• sooner or later they will sell them. Steven said this was the last crowdfunding episode, so, what will follow will be in game cosmetics and maybe merchandising such as mugs and t-shirts
  • Could be really awesome to buy items and T-shirts! 
  • @GMSteven has said that Ashes will be a franchise, so I'm expecting some awesome merch. I hope they get around to it soon :smiley:
  • I would love to have books from this franchise 
  • nagash said:
    I would love to have books from this franchise 
    I was talking about this in some other thread somewhere, but I'd love to see all those Forgotten Realms writers who now maybe have a bit more "free time" tackle the Ashes IP book world. 

If you had R.A. Salvatore, Ed Greenwood, and Troy Denning writing Ashes stories?  GimmieGimmie!
  • @rumbleforge or some guys from the black library like  Dan Abnett, Graham McNeill Sandy Mitchell and Ben Counter
  • nagash said:
    @rumbleforge or some guys from the black library like  Dan Abnett, Graham McNeill Sandy Mitchell and Ben Counter
    I have never read those @nagash , but I wholly support their inclusion.  :)
  • When the announcement of the AoC store was made, i was looking forward to a place where I could purchase an AoC T-Shirt and Coffee Mug...   I was a bit disappointed that there were no promotional items for the game to be purchased.  It would be great advertising and fund raiser.   Is there any thought into making these items available?
    Remember that we are far from release and I'm confident you will get your opportunity sooner or later. As a Franchise, we may even get a movie one day and we'll have to have an Ashes gathering!
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    nagash said:
    @rumbleforge or some guys from the black library like  Dan Abnett, Graham McNeill Sandy Mitchell and Ben Counter
    they have won the new york times best seller of the year awards for the Horus Heresy books
  • I've said it before but I'd love an Intrepid Tshirt so I feel part of the team - :3
  • nagash said:
    nagash said:
    they have won the new your times best seller of the year awards for the Horus Heresy books
    I have no doubt they are good at what they do, you have to be to maintain a shared IP universe with that many published books. 

Take the Star Trek novels from Pocket Books, it's the best Star Trek material out there since the tv shows ended.  You need a freakin flow chart just to keep track of it all, but it's worth it because that bunch of writers really know their stuff and work so incredibly well with each other and with the IP.

I'd trust any of them with Ashes as well, if they wanted to take a break from Sci-Fi and go to Fantasy.  
  • Diura said:
    I've said it before but I'd love an Intrepid Tshirt so I feel part of the team - :3
    Here you go... size XXS-Froggy :smiley:
  • lexmax said:
    Diura said:
    I've said it before but I'd love an Intrepid Tshirt so I feel part of the team - :3
    Here you go... size XXS-Froggy :smiley:
    Whenever I see Ashes Phoenix all I'll ever see now is you @lexmax xD
  • Diura said:
    Oooooh you're right.... oh, you're a sly one Lexmax... you evil elven genius!
    You've hijacked the logo, riding the Ashes coattails to spread the Lexmax brand! 

Well done sir, well done....
  • Diura said:
    :lol: More free merch for you then... :wink:

• lexmax said:
    Diura said:
    :lol: More free merch for you then... :wink:

Awwwwwwwwwwww *super squeaky voice* I love it so much *cuddles* You have no idea how big my smile is right now xD
    edited June 2017

(Woo, this picture was so awesome it did break the forum for a few minutes!)
  • That's my favourite @Rumbleforge post ever! His turn to break the forums tonight after @Diura last night! ....Damn Dwarves! :D
  • Kratz said:
    That's my favourite @Rumbleforge post ever! His turn to break the forums tonight after @Diura last night! ....Damn Dwarves! :D
    I fixed it!  Just had to whack it with me hammer a few times!  Bawha!

• (Woo, this picture was so awesome it did break the forum for a few minutes!)
    @Rumbleforge YOU are the evil genius!! <3<3
    edited June 2017
    Rumbleforge said:
    @Rumbleforge This IS Lex to the MAX!!!!! 
    I am going to print this out and have it framed... no seriously... I am!
  • Rumbleforge said:
    @Rumbleforge This IS Lex to the MAX!!!!! 
    I am going to print this out and have it framed... no seriously... I am!
    Shh! You know too much! ;)
  • You don't know how hard it was to get a quote from Isaac.
    I had to call in a favor from Nagash.

;)
  • @nagash @Rumbleforge What about Patrick Rothfuss? I find his character-focused writing really engaging and a good fit for something like AoC. 

I thought there was word of Salvatore officially retiring. Although I may be mistaken it with it being his last Forgotten Realms book.
  • Cyreph said:
    @nagash @Rumbleforge What about Patrick Rothfuss? I find his character-focused writing really engaging and a good fit for something like AoC. 

I thought there was word of Salvatore officially retiring. Although I may be mistaken it with it being his last Forgotten Realms book.
    Not retiring, Salvatore is diving back into his Demon Wars series of books (which were very good.)

What has actually happened is that WotC has axed their entire Forgotten Realms novels.  And they've done it in a very strange way. Last I had checked, there was still no official statement from them about it.   But the truth is, 2016 was the last publication date for Forgotten Realms books - and Salvatore in particular was able to bookend his Drizzt legacy.  Fitting that he mark the end of the line, as he was there at the beginning.  (Though I think Ed Greenwood had the final Forgotten Realm book by publication date.)

I've started to find all the old Forgotten Realms books that I don't have.... I'm working on a complete collection, hopefully finding books on the cheap before its public knowledge that the line has ended.... but I suppose I should work faster, I've been dragging my feet. 

Truth be told, it hit me hard that they ended the line.... I've been reading them since middle school.  I just assumed they would always make Forgotten Realm books... I took them for granted.  And I don't know why I thought that way either, because all those other TSR fantasy book lines ended long ago....  Dark Sun, Ravenloft, DragonLance, Greyhawk, Spelljammer, etc.  Why did I think Forgotten Realms would keep going?  I don't know.  Foolish me.

As for Rothfuss, I must confess that I haven't read his work yet - though I do have one of his books.  I know he has quite the following. 

• That reminds me, I never did finish Salvatore's Cleric Quintet series. I enjoyed the first few books immensely. I felt like he took all the kooky character ideas that he had and tossed them into a single series and made a story out of it. 

• Cyreph said:
    That reminds me, I never did finish Salvatore's Cleric Quintet series. I enjoyed the first few books immensely. I felt like he took all the kooky character ideas that he had and tossed them into a single series and made a story out of it. 

Hah, I find that really interesting, because when I read that series in middle school I felt like it didn't really get interesting until the 3rd book.  But that was so long ago now, I know it would be worth a re-read. 

I should mention that Cadderly and the Bouldershoulder brothers do appear again in later Drizzt books.  :)
  • Hah, I find that really interesting, because when I read that series in middle school I felt like it didn't really get interesting until the 3rd book.  But that was so long ago now, I know it would be worth a re-read. 

I should mention that Cadderly and the Bouldershoulder brothers do appear again in later Drizzt books.  :)

Well, I know what I need to do until AoC gets released. 

And yes, Night Masks was awesome. Great characters on the good side, great character on the evil side, happy days all around.

If he is writing, IS should really contact him to write some books. If he can brings Menzoberanzan to life, imagine what he can do to the world of AoC.
  • When the announcement of the AoC store was made, i was looking forward to a place where I could purchase an AoC T-Shirt and Coffee Mug...   I was a bit disappointed that there were no promotional items for the game to be purchased.  It would be great advertising and fund raiser.   Is there any thought into making these items available?
    Hi, @IamJohnDoe
    atm, we haven't heard anything about any physical items, outside of the dev shirt available in the kickstarter, i for one am also hoping for RL merch :smile:

This discussion has been closed.