Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Flying, what do we know ?

I belive it was said during the kickstarter that some mounts (Dawnbreaker?) will give a player the opportunity to fly. I do hope that they don't hide flying behind a paywall. I agree you must work for it, but IMO all gameplay should be available for all.

Comments

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    AFAIK only leaders of Metropolis nodes and possibly castles will have access to true flying mounts. I may be wrong about that. There will be "flying" mounts that hover above the ground but you can't fly over terrain with those.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    Also, there will be some rare drops that are eggs which will hatch flying mounts - they have an expiration date for the length of time you can own the mount.
    Temp mounts rather than permanent mounts.

That mage spell seems like a type of flight.
  • Options
    There will be mounts that can glide if you don't have the rare mounts that can fly.
  • Options
    Think if they make flying mounts there will not be any paywall. They are really strict against that XD
  • Options
    the dawnbreaker mounts and pridestalker epic mounts assuming they serve the same functions since we haven't seen the spridestalker yet. should both glide, just not fly. we should be able to find dragons, and many different things only found off of world bosses that can fly. otherwise the mass majority will only have gliding/ground or just ground mounts  
  • Options
    Noespark said:
    the dawnbreaker mounts and pridestalker epic mounts assuming they serve the same functions since we haven't seen the spridestalker yet. should both glide, just not fly. we should be able to find dragons, and many different things only found off of world bosses that can fly. otherwise the mass majority will only have gliding/ground or just ground mounts  
    This is my understanding as well.  @Xris, if you're hoping for flying for the masses, like in WoW, they have no plan to implement that.
  • Options
    The question I would love to have answered is can you float of the ground instead of walking 
  • Options
    Here's some quotes from steven on flying/ gliding in ashes :P 

Hope that helps your discussion :tongue:

• Options
    Dygz said:
    Also, there will be some rare drops that are eggs which will hatch flying mounts - they have an expiration date for the length of time you can own the mount.
    Temp mounts rather than permanent mounts.

That mage spell seems like a type of flight.
    Bingo :)
  • Options
    Thanks guys for answering this in a constructive way! No, @Possum I don't expect getting a dragon will be easy. Neither should it be. Seems restricting it to kings and mayors is a good solution as long as you can become one through gameplay. I do wonder if I can steal a ride though :)
  • Options
    The "flying" mount from the kickstarter is actually a hovering mount. Also every mount you get from the kickstarter is actually a skin to apply to the mounts you get in game.
  • Options
    I'm actually very pleased that flying will be limited in this game because it will lead to more players traveling around on the ground.

I do hope they add some sort of glide ability or item, maybe something a science node can discover.
  • Options
    Visions of Wiley coyote holding onto a rocket.  
  • Options
    A hand full of people will be able to have flying mounts and some might be legendary drops (eggs). Don't think they'll take the rout for cash shop that would literately destroyed what they been promoting as their vision of the game.

• Options
    Karthos said:
    I'm actually very pleased that flying will be limited in this game because it will lead to more players traveling around on the ground.

I do hope they add some sort of glide ability or item, maybe something a science node can discover.
    I totally agree with you. If everyone get a flying mount, then no one will be on the ground.
  • Options

Flying mounts will be interesting, imagine if you're just strolling along with your caravan and then all of a sudden a king shows up with a huge ass dragon, do you know how rare that feeling would be? Unlike other games where if a huge dragon showed up with some elf dude on his back it'd be like "meh", 
    I'm really looking for to using gliding mounts  
    Related image
    For example in this gif she flies over the little gap using her magical abilities, if we had gliding mounts we wouldn't necessarily need to use skills to fly over mounts.