Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

" Is Crafting really Worth the Effort ? "

ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
edited June 2018 in Fan Stories
(Many terms in these stories are terms i mentioned in some of my previous posts - such as .. "Haunted Areas", Tall Grass to Hide in, and ... thats probably it. I'll edit this part later )

( Bare in mind that ... i accidentally made this Story while trying express and Idea for "Aesthetics". Thats Why the names are Vague ... and thats why its somewhat "Dull" in the beginning ... but it gets more descriptive later on. I never do these stories - its purely accidental how i made this one. I figured I might as well finish the thought here - on this Section of the Forums. Enjoy !!!! xD )

" Player V needs to delve into the Wilderness in order to Craft things. She has many things on her Agenda of Crafting, so she doesn't know when she'll be back at her in-game House. She sees that its near Dusk. She heads to the Plains to pick Crafting Item A. Then realizes that shes needs Crafting Material B -which will lead her to the Forest. Afterwards, remembers that she needs Crafting Material C - which only appears at Night - and then Proceeds to the River-Banks. While along her travels, she sees many other Players traveling along the way: scavenging for Loot, Crafting Material, passing by 2 Sieges and ... she also notices that 2 -3 other Players are following her ...

. Knowing that she doesn't want to lose the Crafting Material she just got by being PKed , She immediately dives in the River Bank and Follows the Current. The Stragglers also follow. She purposely falls off the WaterFall, but doesn't die - she has Abilities to Save her; Movement Speed Buffs, Gliding Abilities, and Water Mounts. After Emerging from the Water, glancing back to see that 1 of the Stragglers still trying to follow, She bolts into the Thicker Part of the Forests; The treetops being so Huge & thick, that it prevents the Sun from emitting what-little light is left - nearing NightFall. Despite the Eerie Vibe the Atmosphere is setting-off, Player V tries to Out-run him via Movement Speed Buffs and Utilizing the Environment . She could easily defeat him, but wouldn't want to risk losing her precious crafting Material she desperately wanted to keep ... and didn't want to risk other PKers nearby ...

. She finally comes to a Large-Massive-Area of Tall Grass - 7ft Tall, easily towering over the 5'4ft Tall Player V. As soon as she enters, a Ranger shoots a Precised-Shot at Player V's Follower. Nearing Death, the Follower Flees, but could not escape - he was too far away to begin with, so the Ranger had a clear advantage. Player V's Follower dies. - with his Loot-up for grabs. During this time, Player V manages to avoid Both the Follower & the Ranger - mainly because the Ranger wanted the Loot of the Other now-deceased Player. Right before she exits the Tall Grass Area, she gets a Private-Message in-chat saying ...

"You're Welcome" . Be more careful next time, if it hadn't of been you, I would've head-shot ya Xp " . Now I have to go hide my Loot and run  :o "

Turns out, the Ranger was in her Guild and he just so Happens to be Hunting Other Players out there. Unfortunately, the Following Player's Name was not in Purple ... so now her Friend has a Corrupted Profile and is now going to be attracting other Players via Bounty. She replies,

" ... Thx, But i wanted to keep my Sh!t and NOBODY's gonna take it :P . "

After realizing how Dark it has gotten, she reasons with herself that its best to go back - storing the Crafting Material she just got and not risk losing it. In addition, her legs are experiencing a State of "Trauma" and needs to Rest for a bit. Not realizing the the Damage the Character has due to Stims and Adrenaline Rush, the Player notices that her HP is 1/8th Down - likely caused by the WaterFall Drop. She remembers how she'll have to find an Alternative route back up to and head-back South-East to get to her Housing and Store her Loot . Alternatively, she could dig-up a Burial and Hide her Loot behind some Boulders, or Underground - in which she would later Back-track her way to it. However ... she still isn't aware of who is around - mainly the Stealthers. Getting on her Mount would be ideal ... but it would attract too much attention - getting on the Mount would mean her Nameplate might be seen further away and a few other other things.

After a long deliberation , just as she was about to make her way back ... she finally notices many things happening all-at-once nearby her; Firstly she sees an Entourage of Players at a very small Clearing over yonder South-West of her current Position. She, fortunately, is still within the Tall-Grass - hiding herself. No doubt, they are after her Guild-Mate. Additionally, she Hears the SFX Sound Effects of Tree Branches rummaging Above her - apparently from what she can see, 1 Mage and 1 Fighter is Traveling along the TreeTops . Thinking that  they are after her Guild-Mate ... its also possible that another Corrupted-Player is nearby. Next, she sees Crafting Material she's never Collected before - due to how much Passionate Player V has for Crafting - she is teeming with excitement, yet hesitant. In addition, she sees that a nearby Nighttime-Only-Creature that which could be bothersome - You see, this Particular Creature, the " Night Gazer " ... has the ability to see, scan and detect the Tall-Grass Area ... which could give away her position ... . Lastly, she realizes that her HP is slowly decreasing ?!? She doesn't have any debuffs casted by Players ... but she does have an "Environmental" Debuff" - which cannot be cleansed - even her Cleric-cleansing abilities cannot save her.

Realizing the tough-situation she's in, she ponders heavily on many things. But has no time to devise of a Plan; She steps back, in awe of this unprecedented Situation. And then, She finds something ... On that very same step she moved back on, she finds an Underground passage, - hidden within the Tall-Grass, beneath an Underbrush. With no time to think of another way, she crawls on in, and begins to Crouch-Walk with this Passage.

The entrance, being very awkward to maneuver in, seems to have been made by a Large, Slender-like Creature. The Passage surprisingly begins to Widen in Circumference; it begins to almost have a a Funnel-Cone-shaped passage - allowing Player V to gradually begin to Stand. She contemplates,

... "This would suggest that, the Passage is seemingly going Straight, but impossible due to how close the Passage is compared to Ground-Level; In other words, the Passage was only about 1-2 Meters Deep, a Player could easily Cast a Area-Ground-Based Spell and i could feel the Quake from it ... or worse creating a Large Hole in the Ground and reveal where I'm at. "

She continues,

" So, that would mean ... if I'm gradually able to Stand-and-Walk, as opposed to Crouch-walking ... then that should mean that this Path is gradually going downward."

She then realizes that the Steadily HP Drop starts gradually become more-rapid - beckoning her to Use her Passive-Healing Spell and/or her Periodic Healing Relic to counter-act it.

Emerging from the Funnel-Passageway, she stumbles upon, what looks like a Underground Cavern - illuminated with Mystical, Floating, White-Blue-ish Orbs enshrouded by a Veil of Claw-like Pointed Thorns, hovering around it ... almost like a Ghost. Theses Orbs ranged from all-sizes, and was scattered about that entire Cavern - almost as if they are " dancing-in-the-air ". Despite the Slight unease, her keen eye did spot something unexpected - additional Crafting Material.

"This Would surely make a fine upgrade for My Armor and my House xD ", she thought.

After looting the Crafting Materials, the Orbs entire demeanor changed; from what was once White-Blueish, was now Darkened-Teal-Greyish - now appearing Ghastly along with a Flicker of Bright-Transparency. Not realizing that THIS area was ... a Haunted Area - and this was one of the Core Areas which was Causing her HP to Drop more rapidly ... but she now knew. Almost immediately after this acknowledgement, the Ghastly Orbs emitted a Deep,Thick Fog. This Same Fog quickly covered the entire Cavern in less than 20 seconds. The Player's Character was beginning to see Hallucinations - causing the Player's Camera to alter in what was seen. In addition, Distorted Creatures was manifesting around her. She quickly realized that it was time to get moving.

She knew she couldn't go back, so going forward would be the only option. Believing that she was going straight, she instead was going the opposite way back - the illusions no doubt. Suddenly, all of the Orbs halt in movement, almost synchronized. Before, they were scatteredly 
moving about. And now that they stopped moving, it was much easier to estimate how many were there - about 3 Dozens in all. In unison, the Orbs began getting closer to her in a slow-like fashion. As the Orbs grew nearer, her HP began to drop more rapidly - more so than before. She immediately equipped her Healing Relic & her Healing Abilities were Set-&-Ready - the chase was on!!!!

While the illusions were Steady & Periodic, she bolted straight-Forward. The deceptive Caverns were bothersome, yet somewhat easy after getting used it. The Orbs behaved differently based on its Size - the bigger the Orbs, the more Damage BUT Slower Movement Speed, While the The Smaller Orbs were Faster, but dealt smaller Damage. However, they're many Smaller Orbs ... it would soon add-up. After Casting a Light-Spell to guide the way & reduce damage taken ... she hustled. Still dealing with the illusions, her Light-Spell allowed her to vaguely differentiate between reality & hallucinations - almost like a Transparent Overlay flickering on-and-off. She manages to find a Small Crevice near the bottom next to a Towering -Underground Pillar .

(****might be a good time to mention ... Google: "Underground Cavern" in Images ... if its difficult to imagine this**** )

While her HP was Still Dropping Rapidly, she emerged on the other side ... which was unexpected - a short, winding path that lead to a Deepened-Centered Circular Trench, seemingly decorated with Reflective Rocks. as the Orbs poured in, the Light glistened off the Reflective Rocks for an impressive light show. But with no time for gawking, she made haste. The illuminated area was bigger than expected, with many places where an exit could be found - searching up-&-down. She only manage to Loot 1 item out of many throughout that entire Ordeal ... an item she hadn't check in her inventory to see what it was. She finally realized that she had to Smashed through a brittle Passageway; "plucking" a hole right through it with a Pressurized Water-Spell.

Next Area was similar to the first, but only more tricky - more places of elevation. She realized that there was no escaping the Small Orbs - they were just too darn fast. And the Distorted Figures were even faster than the Small Orbs. They were worse solely because they could "Phase-through-Walls." But was more than glad to evade the Bigger Orbs. This 3rd Area felt like a Maze; with every wrong turn and dead-ends she stumbled upon, Gigantic Orbs was luring. But these did not emitt a Shiny glow. Instead they had no hint of presence until you were Close to them - only a Mere Flicker of Transparency was to be scene. After enough Twist-&-Turns, she finally saw signs of Higher Ground.
 ( about 3- 5 mins. I.e. Puzzle Quest )

Despite the Spells & Equipment she had ... the Orbs Persisted - her Health was now at 1/3rd of the Total Amount. Again, experience more Debuffs too - Healing reduced by 35% percent due to Long-exposure of the Haunted Area effects, Movement Speed reductions and Vision Blurred. As she looked up, she seen a an entire Rock Infrastructure that seems to "Blanketed" the Entrances to the Horrid Place. As she emerged, the Deep, Thick Fog emerged with her - possibly the signs of the Lingering Debuffs. Despite this ... she was still within the proximity of the Haunted Area. So her HP was still Depleting, just not as Rapid anymore. In other words, steadily resuming Pace. The Distorted Figures stopped Following here ... and the Orbs stopped Following her too. After about 2 minutes of resting on a rock Pillar outside the Entrance, she finally was confident enough to remove the Healing Relic, but decided not too. The only thing that seem to Linger were the illusions ... just not as strong as before.

After pressing onward, she looked back. Only to see the Entrance appearing to disappear. Not sure if its an illusion or not, she continued. After the Movement Debuff Wore-off she concluded that she is closer to the Mountain that's relatively close to her House. Which does not make sense because she was going in to the opposite direction before entering that cave. Being in the Thickest time of the Night, she definitely decided not to proceed any further ... but she was more or less lost.

So then ... thats when she had the idea ... Some of her Guild-Mates was still online. If she joined a Group with the Selective few nearest to the Town Node she built her House near, then she could pinpoint where she was. Thus knowing exactly where she was at & how to get back. Suddenly, almost immediately as she thought of the idea, a Guild-Mate sent her a Private-Message,

Guild-Mate: " Hey uhh .... where did you go ? "

Player V asked, " What do you mean ? "

Guild-Mate: " Tried adding you to the group, but a message popped saying:
           " ~ ' 
Player V location Undetermined, cannot escape ' ."

Player V replied, " ... Seriously ? "

Guild-Mate: " Yeah, I even took a Screenshot "

Player V: " ... Try adding me now. "

When her Guild-Mate added her, it turns out she was indeed going in the same Direction she was previously going. But Before Entering the Underground Passage, she recalled seeing the same Mountain she was looking at now, but it still seemed identical to her. The 1st Mountain she seen was far away South - she was going North the whole time.

Player V:  " Think I'll do Crafting some other time ~.~ Now I got to find a way back xD. Oh umm can you send me that Screenshot. Got to see this for myself :o "

She was just about the go back near the Entrance , when she remember the Area Effects ... she decided to take the long way around - going up to the River and Following it back. As she embarks on the trip back ... a faint Gleam caught her eye off in the distance ... towards the Mountain-Top ...

?????????  ~END~ ?????????

( For those who are wondering, the System Message is not a glitch or error - just suppose to be a reference to possible Lore Xp )

Comments

• Re-read most it. I re-structured some of the Wording & Sentences . Should be easier to read now ^
  • That was a very enjoyable read! Thank you!

Though, it had more of a "scenario" feel, than a "story" feel, if that makes sense. With some editing, it could very easily be made more story-like. Either way, good job!
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2017
    I've thought about doing that ... but from what i can tell, I do "too" much editing, Website might delete it.

So i moderately edit it from time-to-time until its right. And thx, glad you enjoyed it :D.

I purposely made it "Scenario-like"
    ( i.e. the " Dull " Intro & the 3rd Person Narrative too xD )

I could've elaborated / continue on the ... "Trip Back Home", but i think that would've been too long Dx.

On a scale from 1 - 10 10 being the lowest ....
     how good was it :s ?
  • Eragale said:
    I've thought about doing that ... but from i can tell, I do "too" much editing, Website might delete it. So i moderately edit it from time-to-time until its right.

And thx, glad you enjoyed it :D. I purposely made it "Scenario-like" ( i.e. the " Dull " Intro & the 3rd Person Narrative too xD )

I could've elaborated / continue on the ... "Trip Back Home", but i think that would've been too long Dx.

On a scale from 1 - 10
    10 being the lowest ....

how good was it :s ?
    lol Sorry, @Eragale.  I honestly don't rate stories.  I either like em, or I don't.  I liked yours.   :p
  • lols 
  • @freespiryt , lols I found an Image that would adequately depict the ...
    " Cave Scenario "

What you think ?  :p
  • Eragale said:
    @freespiryt , lols I found an Image that would adequately depict the ...
    " Cave Scenario "

What you think ?  :p
    Excellent!  Me likey!  :smiley:
  • It's a good tale, actually I think that the style makes you think more , so allows you to make up more pictures of it in your head. I like it :D
  • Was definitely a good read, I could actually see this happening on many adventures.
    My type of frustrated expedition. lol
    edited June 2017
    @Megs & @CylverRayne ,

This Part was hardest to describe:

As she looked up, she seen a an entire Rock Infrastructure that seems to "Blanketed" the Entrances to the Horrid Place. "

But fortunately, I did find the Video the best depict this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Q27mJlRAlQ

(Headphone warning in the Vid . Its Heavy(ish) Metal-Rock.
    Pause at 4:12. ( ***the Vid is also Sped-up too )

I wish i could re-log in the game and take a ScreenShot, but the Servers for the Shut Down.

That game was the first MMORPG game I played. And it was for Mobile & Tablet. You can watch the Entire Video if you'd like. But the that MMORPG had Meaning Conflict too - and the PVP was done better their. I could explain it, but not sure if you - or anyone would care.

But the Whole point of the Video Post is show you where the this idea Derived from  o:)  

But I may end-up trying to draw it ,  because the depiction in the Vid is ... well the Camera-Angle is never given a "proper view" . Easier to explain if you played it
     >.<.

And there were other elements in depicting it too
    ( such as the Outline / Shell of Torterra - a Pokemon ; using that same Shell / Outline of it ... but only Bigger in Size-Proportions as Estimatation of the Cave Entrance )

Again, hard to explain >~<
  • @Megs, Found a Better Vid with a better Video Footage / Camera Angle:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaN2RpEejKs

Pause at 0:13
    You may want to use the PC's SpaceBar to accurately Pause the Video - because its brief. 
    edited July 2017
    @Megs , @CylverRayne , @freespiryt

{Quote from the Story}

She doesn't have any debuffs casted by Players ... but she does have an "Environmental" Debuff" - which cannot be cleansed - even her Cleric-cleansing abilities cannot save her. 

{End of Quote}

With June 30th LiveStream , Intrepid just shot-down this part .
     R.I.P. :D:D:D:D
  • Awww, but that doesn't make it any less of a good story. :smiley:
  • Megs said:
    Awww, but that doesn't make it any less of a good story. :smiley:
    Thx  o:)o:)o:)o:)

The reason why i mentioned it is because well ... whenever I type something - i tend to consistently re-read it until they're no Grammtical Error & Bad Sentence Structures

( i guess its a Habit now  :s )

But its because i re-read so many times, this story was my 1st thought.

... Besides, I'm considering of making a Part 2  o:)o:)o:)o:)
  • Yes!!!!!

I do the same, though I've been erring on the side of caution when it comes to heavily editing in these forums just in case the whole post gets swallowed by the forum beast

I look forward to part two! :)
  • Found a TimeStamp that actually makes me excited that this Fan-Story i made ... might actually be possible given the New information
    Especially since i mentioned something similar to it at one point in this Fan-Story. In fact .. this question was one i had planned to ask in a Q&A Thread a long time ago ... but i figured it'll never be answered since most Questions i ask are ignored

( that or my questions are " too good" via not ready for an answer to it yet xD  )

Really glad this was Asked & Answered  o:)
  • Eragale said:
    Found a TimeStamp that actually makes me excited that this Fan-Story i made ... might actually be possible given the New information
    Especially since i mentioned something similar to it at one point in this Fan-Story. In fact .. this question was one i had planned to ask in a Q&A Thread a long time ago ... but i figured it'll never be answered since most Questions i ask are ignored

( that or my questions are " too good" via not ready for an answer to it yet xD  )

Really glad this was Asked & Answered  o:)
    stop necroing thats my job ^^

• @nagash
    not even sure what that means   : p 
  • Eragale said:
    @nagash
    not even sure what that means   : p 
    well the last time someone posted here was a year ago. that is a class one necro of a forum and a skill you have not yet earned ^^
    edited July 2018
    @nagash that only arises more questions than answers tbh xD . Besides, its not the only thing makes me " giddy "
    So, i have a reason to bring this back-up imo ... because Crouching was also something I mentioned in my Fan-Story ... 

... and also another question i wanted ask, but my Questions are usually ignored   :|