Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

[INFORMATION] PAX Classes and Skill Types

Available Classes and Skills!

The classes chosen by the devs to be used at PAX are an example of the trinity system Intrepid aim for in AoC. They have also given skills that allow you to immediately play the game, that are an examples of what the class represents and works well in combination of other classes.

Therefore you will not see things like the Skill Trees but you will see a “pretty solid kit” that will allow you to have quite a bit of fun during a small session of PAX gameplay.

THE CLASSES ARE PRIMARY ARCHETYPES AND DO NOT COME WITH ANY SECONDARY ARCHETYPES

CLASSES PRESENT AT PAX ARE :

TANK 

RANGER

MAGE 

CLERIC

Please click on class type for a break down on their skills :)

All of these details are taken from the stream. Subject to change of course. This is Pre Alpha.

Skills are PvE / PvP Agnostic

PAX CLASSES HAVE 8 SKILLS EACH

5 MAIN ABILITIES : Standard skills

1 KEYSTROKE SKILL :A keystroke time frame combat system that activates based off your weapon use. Every player will have a weapon which generates keystroke energy. The weapon will influence the total damage you do, other conditions and stats associated with weapon type. One of the most integral parts of having a weapon is your WEAPON USE ABILITY and that weapon use ability contains within it a keystroke driven/ precision type combat that then allocates energy to the ability to use a certain ultimate skill that your class is going to have.These are to take place of a boring auto attacks. You do not have to do keystrokes - you can just auto the attack but the keystroke allows you to generate energy for an ultimate skill.

1 ULTIMATE SKILL: Special skill determined by weapon type that can be activated by enough energy accumulated from KEYSTROKE. Skills will be “enough time” so when used strategically can “turn the tide” and be game changing.

1 UTILITY SKILL : Each class has a utility skill that isn’t necessarily dependent on a combat situation. Utility skills grant the player the ability to interact with their environment and hazards that may exist within that environment. A unique way to gather information about the world that another player may not be able to do.  Utility skills are NOT spamable so will need to be strategically used because they will have cooldowns.

*NOTE* from writing this out and re-listening to the stream I can already see so many cross class combinations for skills. Will be exciting to see how they trial out at PAX.

Comments

• Wow so much information, my knowledge is growing, Thank you Frog Princess????
  • I managed to find a rare photo of @Diura in the wild forums, gathering information for these wonderful posts

• lexmax said:
    I managed to find a rare photo of @Diura in the wild forums, gathering information for these wonderful posts

Pretty much spot on xD
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2018
    Diura said:

Available Classes and Skills!

The classes chosen by the devs to be used at PAX are an example of the trinity system Intrepid aim for in AoC. They have also given skills that allow you to immediately play the game, that are an examples of what the class represents and works well in combination of other classes.

Therefore you will not see things like the Skill Trees but you will see a “pretty solid kit” that will allow you to have quite a bit of fun during a small session of PAX gameplay.

THE CLASSES ARE PRIMARY ARCHETYPES AND DO NOT COME WITH ANY SECONDARY ARCHETYPES

CLASSES PRESENT AT PAX ARE :

TANK 

RANGER

MAGE 

CLERIC

Please click on class type for a break down on their skills :)

All of these details are taken from the stream. Subject to change of course. This is Pre Alpha.

Skills are PvE / PvP Agnostic

PAX CLASSES HAVE 8 SKILLS EACH

5 MAIN ABILITIES : Standard skills

1 KEYSTROKE SKILL :A keystroke time frame combat system that activates based off your weapon use. Every player will have a weapon which generates keystroke energy. The weapon will influence the total damage you do, other conditions and stats associated with weapon type. One of the most integral parts of having a weapon is your WEAPON USE ABILITY and that weapon use ability contains within it a keystroke driven/ precision type combat that then allocates energy to the ability to use a certain ultimate skill that your class is going to have.These are to take place of a boring auto attacks. You do not have to do keystrokes - you can just auto the attack but the keystroke allows you to generate energy for an ultimate skill.

1 ULTIMATE SKILL: Special skill determined by weapon type that can be activated by enough energy accumulated from KEYSTROKE. Skills will be “enough time” so when used strategically can “turn the tide” and be game changing.

1 UTILITY SKILL : Each class has a utility skill that isn’t necessarily dependent on a combat situation. Utility skills grant the player the ability to interact with their environment and hazards that may exist within that environment. A unique way to gather information about the world that another player may not be able to do.  Utility skills are NOT spamable so will need to be strategically used because they will have cooldowns.

*NOTE* from writing this out and re-listening to the stream I can already see so many cross class combinations for skills. Will be exciting to see how they trial out at PAX.

Thanks For The Information! I Can't Wait To Be A Cleric! I Actually Tried To Click On The Cleric Link But I Think It Isn't Working.  

Thanks Again! 
  • Hmmm seems my Cleric thread has been removed I can't find it :0 ach well we now have the glorious posters with skill details anyway :3
    https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/35577/class-skills-and-posters