Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Breeding aquatic mounts

@BaddiNaddi writes:

I tried looking up where the information on breeding mounts was said but from what I can find, nothing has been said if breeding aquatic mounts will differ in any way (please correct me if I'm wrong here).

I was thinking that to breed aquatic mounts, you should need to have a free hold next to a large body of water or your metropolis needs a specific building for that purpose.

An idea to allow people not in those locations is that you can excavate an underground area which could be used for this type of breeding and also various purposes. This area could be used to farm the under realm plants for alchemy or even as just extra space for your stuff.

This of course would be a VERY expensive thing to do since its so versatile and allows you to do things that you normally wouldn't be able to. And the price would make sense as you would have the price of not only excavating the are but also building/reinforcing supports so it doesn't cave in.

What are your thoughts on this?

Comments

• I hate water
    I think it would need a lot of work and might be neglected until we have real underwater content. I don't know if we'll have to explore ruins under the sea and such but I can't see those mounts being useful most of the time. I might be wrong though. Anyway, it doesn't sound bad and won't hurt anyone. Let's just hope the sea is big enough to handle a horde of players on sharks.
  • Waysm said:
    I hate water
    I think it would need a lot of work and might be neglected until we have real underwater content. I don't know if we'll have to explore ruins under the sea and such but I can't see those mounts being useful most of the time. I might be wrong though. Anyway, it doesn't sound bad and won't hurt anyone. Let's just hope the sea is big enough to handle a horde of players on sharks.
    Jaws meets Piranha XD
  • Sounds interesting but also sounds like something that would be put off for a while.  I know they spoke of underwater content so it does sound feasible at some point.  
  • Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think underwater aquatic mounts have been mentioned as being in the game have they? The only thing that comes close is boats on the water.
  • @Pureos well one of the stretch goals of the original kickstarter was a backer only aquatic mount (exclusive tidesnapper mount) so that suggests that there are also non backer aquatic mounts