Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Tulnar race characteristics hopes

ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
edited August 2017 in Ashes of Creation Design
@Pinkberry writes:

I would love to see options to create wolf or fox hybrids with this race since mammal traits are going to be a thing. I rarely if ever get to make a cool canine race in any mmorpg but it seems cat races come a dime a dozen. 

If there could be an option to be full humanoid wolf or fox with different coat patterns and tails would be a dream come true.

I'd be a wolf knight in full lunar style armor, just a fantasy of mine.

https://us.v-cdn.net/6030144/uploads/editor/hw/80m8y6g237d1.jpg

Comments

• Here are few more pics that i thought were cool idea of what i envisioned about wolf tulnar characteristics 

• See I kinda don't think Tulnar will be as "handsome" as animal races but more monster like and ugly imo- I still see them as mutants than rather an actual race xD
    The wolf race is cool though :3
  • I've sort of pictured them in my head as looking like this.

Image result for frazetta underground

• I would love to see options to create wolf or fox hybrids with this race since mammal traits are going to be a thing. I rarely if ever get to make a cool canine race in any mmorpg but it seems cat races come a dime a dozen. 

If there could be an option to be full humanoid wolf or fox with different coat patterns and tails would be a dream come true.

I'd be a wolf knight in full lunar style armor, just a fantasy of mine. 
    I totally agree. As of right now this is my biggest hope for ashes of creation right now :sweat:
  • I hope we get both styles of customizations as in the mutant looking tulnar with lizard or goblin features and humanoid animal features.

The silhouettes for the race looked vastly diverse.  

I think it could also fit into the lore, depending on the races that stayed behind in different regions and bred with other species, them evolved after fleeing to the underrealm.

For example, A tribe of tulnar wolf men from the mountains, fox people from the forests, and lizard men from the swamps.

• For example, A tribe of tulnar wolf men from the mountains, fox people from the forests, and lizard men from the swamps.

They can't use lizard men from the swamps, people from Bethesda will scream Argonian copyrights lol Blackmarsh being the Argonian homeland swamp. Elder Scrolls hasn't got a wolfmen race though, get all over that!
  • i see the Tulnar more as Lizard/Wolf or bear people Image result for lizard wolf

This is a non-humanoid idea of them, maybe less bestial in the facial features, but the way the scales and skin blends with the  
    fur would be ideal, and in the stream they said that for the Tulnar they would let you enhance features about them such as being more humanoid or more lizard or more bestial. 
    Image result for lizard wolf
    This is a "lizard man" and I can imagine them looking quite a bit like this maybe with a more bestial face but I suppose that is up to the creator of their character. 
    Image result for wolf humanoid jaws
    These facial features seem like the perfect balance for Tulnar. 
  • They are reptile mutant things not floofs sorry =p
  • Czar said:
    i see the Tulnar more as Lizard/Wolf or bear people 
    Image result for wolf humanoid jaws
    These facial features seem like the perfect balance for Tulnar. 

I agree with this if I want to lean more towards the mammal wolf side. I'm hoping out of all the animals they stick with wolves, foxes, or maybe even hyenas cause I'm getting tired of seeing cats in every mmorpg.

I would like it more though if it had more of a dog face then a humanoid face with fur, but I'm hoping that's were the character creation comes in.

people being able to create a minotaur, bears, sheep/rams, etc. Tulnar mixes would be just too awesome and unique. I hope they add all sorts of fur types and patterns, horns, tails that can bee mixed and matched to ones heart contents.  

• Flameh0t said:

For example, A tribe of tulnar wolf men from the mountains, fox people from the forests, and lizard men from the swamps.

They can't use lizard men from the swamps, people from Bethesda will scream Argonian copyrights lol Blackmarsh being the Argonian homeland swamp. Elder Scrolls hasn't got a wolfmen race though, get all over that!

not really everquest 2 has lizard people!
  • nagash said:
    Nice picture you got there

Hoping we get the option for the more bestial, protruding face like we saw in the first concept. 
  • nagash said:

Hoping we get the option for the more bestial, protruding face like we saw in the first concept. 
    got to love lizard men ^^
  • nagash said:
    nagash said:

got to love lizard men ^^ 

Queek! The vile reptiles!  /runs for the shadows.
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2017
    There is something really dorked with this thread. I can't see others like or lol buttons and I couldn't post a comment under the quote :p

@Pinkberry where were you a week ago when I was asking for suggestions for Tulnar you would like to see?!

Yes I would love to see a vulpine option.

I don't however understand WHY some think the Tulnar have to be ugly or grotesque. They are a conglomeration of the "old" races that did not manage to escape like the lucky 8. That could mean literally ANYTHING so it could be vile or noble rodents, majestic wolfmen, beautiful felines, minotaurs, centaurs, lizards, etc.

Notice I said "conglomeration" and not amalgamation/homogenization. Vastly different races shouldn't be able to interbreed to create deformed and mutated offspring.
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2017
    I wouldn't mind a lycanthropic design for the Tulnar such as the one depicted below.

Image result for Dota 2 lycan

Or a Tidehunter-esque design.

Related image

Slardar ples

Image result for Slardar dota 2

Or a brutish looking race like the Bahmi in RIFT (although the Orcs probably fulfill this kind of design already).

Related image

Maybe an Eredar-like look.

Image result for Eredar

• There is something really dorked with this thread. I can't see others like or lol buttons and I couldn't post a comment under the quote :p

@Pinkberry where were you a week ago when I was asking for suggestions for Tulnar you would like to see?!

Yes I would love to see a vulpine option.

I don't however understand WHY some think the Tulnar have to be ugly or grotesque. They are a conglomeration of the "old" races that did not manage to escape like the lucky 8. That could mean literally ANYTHING so it could be vile or noble rodents, majestic wolfmen, beautiful felines, minotaurs, centaurs, lizards, etc.

Notice I said "conglomeration" and not amalgamation/homogenization. Vastly different races shouldn't be able to interbreed to create deformed and mutated offspring.
    Sorry about that lol i would of deff commented on your post if i saw it.
  • This all looks good