Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Weather effects on toon

I dont know if this was talked about or not, but i thought id chat a bit about it.

I was so amazed by the collision system that i thought it would be great to see how weather will affect your character. Maybe a type of debuff if you didnt have the right clothes and gear on, but nothing too crazy. Kinda like how in BDO if you were in the desert yu needed water in the heat and warm tea in the cold nights. Somthing fun like that would keep you on your toes if not in a neutral area.

If you made food apart of it then crafters that like to cook would have a great opportunity.

Comments

• I remember a quite long thread about this, but I couldn't find it, so lets make a new one :)

I'm pretty sure I recently glanced over @Steven mentioning this in the discord, can't remember if it was a confirmation or just him saying that it would be interesting. But none the less, it seems like a good way to capitalize on your seasonal system. IMO you'd only need to add heat, cold, thirst (+hunger) mechanic in some minor bits to make it interesting. I thought this was kinda interesting in regard to this, so I stole a bit from <a href="https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/authentic-vs-showy/">this post:</a>
    [quote quote=3708]I was also disappointed with the armor design and my dominating thought has been how very impractical it is. No protection from elements or combat, waist cape would be super easy to trip over. Maybe magician girl has spells of protection cast on herself, but that is beside point.
    [/quote]
  • Yes, that would be interesting. If its cold, you must need something to heat you up, like a fire, rather than travelling in the stormy snowy night, with only a layer of clothes on :P But that would be nice. Also if mobs do elemental damage, they will give you a debuff, like if they do an elemental damage of Ice, our attack speed goes a bit slower, if they do an elemental damage of fire, we will take repeated damage until a few seconds where fire stops hurting, rather then when a mob shoots a fire ball and it hits us, but nothing else. Also I like the terrain Idea, where if its hot, you need something cold, and if its cold, you need something hot. That would be nice to implement into the game :D
  • Isn't this thread similar to this <a href="https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/character-sensory-system/">one</a>?
    ---

I like your idea(s)! I would love to seeing different approaches towards this topic/topics.
    e.g. Certain armour could negate the effect of [Intense Cold], a debuff, in extremely cold regions/zones..
    I really like the idea of implementing different systems to either help or restrict your character.

It would just offer a little more to the overall game environment. From me a definite YES!

~ Zention
  • @zention, im glad you posted that it was a good read.

I agree with the post that it add a lot of depth to a game. The systwm just has to be done right so its not annoying. In regular areas i wouldnt wa t to do it all the time accept in harsh weather. I love the mmo with a few sandboxy feels.

Omgoodness i just dont want it to be extra intense like in ark where it was constant no matter what. Lol that game gave me ptsd lmfao.
  • Pinkberry said:
    " ... I was so amazed by the collision system that i thought it would be great to see how weather will affect your character. Maybe a type of debuff if you didnt have the right clothes and gear on, but nothing too crazy ... "
    ^
     :)