Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Player/Weapon Collision

2»

Comments

• Options
    Irobot said:
    " Player collisions should be disabled in towns and other crowded spots, otherwise a troll can just block the entrance to an auction house or something. "
    " That would kind of ruin immersion if you have people standing inside one another, imho.

I personally like what's called 'soft' collision detection on friendlies. This allows you to basically push past another player if you exert force for a couple secs. "
    Never heard of that. Sounds interesting. What MMO / Game have this been displayed ? i would like to see it 

i ask because I'm quite the thinking - i guess i do like " TheoryCrafting ". Seeing it might give me another idea of an Ability for a " Certain Class "  o:)

( You'll never know where you'll get your inspiration from  o:) )
  • Options
    Eragale said:
    Irobot said:
    " Player collisions should be disabled in towns and other crowded spots, otherwise a troll can just block the entrance to an auction house or something. "
    " That would kind of ruin immersion if you have people standing inside one another, imho.

I personally like what's called 'soft' collision detection on friendlies. This allows you to basically push past another player if you exert force for a couple secs. "
    Never heard of that. Sounds interesting. What MMO / Game have this been displayed ? i would like to see it 

i ask because I'm quite the thinking - i guess i do like " TheoryCrafting ". Seeing it might give me another idea of an Ability for a " Certain Class "  o:)

( You'll never know where you'll get your inspiration from  o:) )
    Of the games I've personally played, sadly the one that had soft collision detection was WAR (which of course is now closed down) EA/Mythic did a number of things wrong but soft collision detection was one of the things that worked quite well.
  • Options
    @PlagueMonk
    Thx, I'll see if i can find it 
  • Options
    Hoping for some good old HDT Physics. :open_mouth: