Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Journey's Beginning, Part I: Escape to the Divine Gate

"Father, nooo!" the boy screeched, tears welling up in his eyes.  His mother scooped him up before he could take another step as she continued running towards the divine gate.  The boy watched in unmitigated horror as his father fell to his knees, the corruption burning his flesh.  The boy didn't see how it happened, just that it did.  

The boy could feel his mother's heart beating rapidly as she ran towards the portal, now energized with the magic of the gods. The boy couldn't understand why all of this was happening - the war, the destruction, the panic and fear, all of it. The image of his father's flesh, blackening with deep glowing red-orange veins like flowing lava was... just too much to comprehend.

"It will be all right, my son," his mother, breathless, whispered to him. "We will return and reclaim our birthright.  Your father will be avenged."

Out of the corner of his eye, the boy saw another - a little girl he knew, not much older than he. She had long blonde hair and deep blue eyes, wet with tears, looking as bewildered as he felt.  Her father held her tightly in his arms as he ran beside the boy and his mother.  The girl's mother was also there keeping in pace with her husband, taking long graceful strides in order to do so.

The little girl and the boy's eyes met and she reached out for him.  The boy choked down his fear and reached out for the girl. 

"Don't be afraid," he told her.  "I-"

There was a brilliant flash of light...

... and David woke up to the sound of his alarm.

Comments