Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Master of the Puppets

Thank you to @Duninn for giving me this idea by talking about the psyc class!

I mean I don't know if this is too out there but for a psychic sub-class I think the idea of a puppet master would be amazing... Like you control the puppet from a distance or have a spell that makes you invisible so you can control it from up close. 

Very squishy and weak in close combat and wouldn't have many combat abilities itself but the puppet could have any range of attacks. Anything from CC to peel from the puppet master, poison to stall the fight making it a race against time to track down the master hiding in the shadows.

Would probably be incredibly mechanically intense but would be a lot of fun and interesting to see done... 

PS imagine the amount of in game skins for puppets haha you could have anything from one of those terrifying french dolls holding knives chasing you to I don't know Captain Underpants with a bazooka! 

Different idea let me know what you guys think of it and comment other ideas!

Comments

• Seems you took the idea and ran with it so mind if I contribute? 

How about the ability to have the puppet disguise itself as enemies or even other players for infiltration?

Could even have puppet limbs for the player, granting them abilities only usable with extra appendages. Just a thought.

O and if you ever want to colalb on something let me know. Creative people need to stick together haha.
  • I feel like it could be so very Overpowered haha, I recently watched the start of Shippuden which is where I kind of got the idea from! Sorry I hope you don't mind me posting it as a specific discussion I just thought since it was kind of different!

The idea of puppet limbs is a good one though, could make for a really badass appearance having a puppet mask etc as well!
  • Like I said it is an interesting concept that has seen very little attention. Definitely tons of possibilities too.
  • Moonlight blade is an upcoming Asian mmo that has a puppet class :) You might want to check that's out xD I tried playing the Chinese beta but the language was too complicated xD
  • I don't know if I'm a fan of the very anime-esk style that a lot of Asian MMO's seem to have I have tried them though... 
  • Zid said:
    I don't know if I'm a fan of the very anime-esk style that a lot of Asian MMO's seem to have I have tried them though... 
    True but it's worth checking out that class ^^ Its pretty cool :3
  • Zid said:
    Thank you to @Duninn for giving me this idea by talking about the psyc class!

I mean I don't know if this is too out there but for a psychic sub-class I think the idea of a puppet master would be amazing... Like you control the puppet from a distance or have a spell that makes you invisible so you can control it from up close. 

Very squishy and weak in close combat and wouldn't have many combat abilities itself but the puppet could have any range of attacks. Anything from CC to peel from the puppet master, poison to stall the fight making it a race against time to track down the master hiding in the shadows.

Would probably be incredibly mechanically intense but would be a lot of fun and interesting to see done... 

PS imagine the amount of in game skins for puppets haha you could have anything from one of those terrifying french dolls holding knives chasing you to I don't know Captain Underpants with a bazooka! 

Different idea let me know what you guys think of it and comment other ideas!
    I think that could be fitted in the summoner archetype somehow. I allways loved the puppet fighting style in naruto and I think in naruto ultimate ninja storm (I played it on playstaion 3 years ago) they found a pretty legit way of controlling both puppet and player: they are basically connected via the chakra threads which at the same time function as an axis for controlling both ends. I think if you could translate this into a similar system for mmos it might actually solve alot of the upcoming issues I imagine with developinng a movement kit for the summoner classes.
    Puppets and pets ftw
  • PET HYPE