Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Newcomer here, got questions!

Hi all!, recently saw this game in youtube and i loved it,but i dont understand very well whats going on by now.. so.. the game is in Pre Alpha or alpha?
If i purchase a backer in the store can i play the game right now? if this is the case, anything i do in the game will be saved for beta and oficial? any idea on when beta, or oficial will be coming?
Thank you!

Comments

• Game has just finished a crowdfunding stage and will not be in a pre-alpha playable state for people for a good long while. Alpha phase one is slated for Dec 2018, but may be sooner depending on development milestones reached. Actual non beta release has been stated a couple times to be estimated at 2020. If you are looking for something that you can play now, it is a good year away from that.
  • yirjwiin said:
    Hi all!, recently saw this game in youtube and i loved it,but i dont understand very well whats going on by now.. so.. the game is in Pre Alpha or alpha?
    If i purchase a backer in the store can i play the game right now? if this is the case, anything i do in the game will be saved for beta and oficial? any idea on when beta, or oficial will be coming?
    Thank you!

@yirjwiin We are currently in pre-alpha at this time and as @UnknownSystemError stated, we just concluded a very successful Kickstarter. The game is not yet available for downloading / playing and our initial estimate for delivery is Dec 2018. Let us know if we can help answer any additional questions =)

PS, Unknown, thanks for the awesome answer !

• ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2017
    The game is in Pre-Alpha and there is no access to it for the moment.

Later this year there will be an invitational Alpha only. You can win a key for this early stage by creating an account, which is something you have already done. If you feel like creating a new one, I would appreciate if you used the link in my signature.

The first Alpha stage, open to those who purchased a $500+ pack (still available on the website for a few more days) should start towards the end of 2018. There will be 2 Alpha stages and 2 Beta stages.

The game costs no money to purchase, but it is subscribtion based. From what we know so far, the monthly fee should be about $15.

Should you decide to participate in the current Summer Crowdfunding, you will receive many cosmetic items and bonuses which will become unavailable once the campaign is over.

I hope this helps.
  • thx for the answers!, so, if i get into alpha or beta, everything i do will be saved or it will reset once the game gets to the oficial? and alpha and beta are just for testing?
  • yirjwiin said:
    thx for the answers!, so, if i get into alpha or beta, everything i do will be saved or it will reset once the game gets to the oficial? and alpha and beta are just for testing?

Alpha and Beta are for testing purposes, that is correct. Persistant Beta will remain open post launch but we don't anticipate carry over of Beta toons, levels, progress into production.
  • Alpha phase 1 is persistent. Unclear whether there will be a wipe between alpha and beta phases, but most likely. At the end of testing phases that server will become their public test server. All players will start fresh on new regional servers when the game has official launch. There is a two day maximum headstart and special headstart servers are planned. However, headstart will NOT affect node development until actual launch after those two days. You will NOT be able to swap between servers easily, so it will be important to pick one closest to you. The game is PvX, there are no dedicated PVE/PVP/RP servers planned. Due to the node system of world development servers may experience different content based on player interaction with the nodes. Name reservation has been stated to become available based on crowdfunding level. The people who paid the most will be able to reserve before those on lower tiers. No information when that will occur. No information on whether or not the character creator will be available in a separate mode before launch. There is a ton of information on the Discord under Intrepid_Answers. Also watching all the relevant Q&A videos will help. Something around 13 hours of them atm.
  • The Podcast from " Massively OP " 
    (Which interviewed Steven)

Thus is what I heard ... 

September PAX
     ❝ Family & Friends Alpha ❞ Shortly After PAX
    ❝ Alpha Zero ❞ [ Raffle Winners & Weekly Drawing Winners]

There might be more in-between but ...

The Alpha from Braver of Worlds comes later, 4th Quarter of 2018 I believe ? But this in itself is an ❝ Expected Date ❞

Might change

• Nothing you do in alpha or beta will be saved, although depending on the package you purchased I believe you get to reserve a name and a guild name.  Other than testing things and finding bugs for Intrepid to squash, alpha/beta will just help get a jump on how to play and level.
  • Did anyone mention this game is still in pre alpha yet?
    edited July 2017
    welcome to the community of AoC @yirjwiinand yeah it's still in pre-alpha :smiley:
    edited July 2017
    Karthos said:
    Did anyone mention this game is still in pre alpha yet?
    Hey don't read too much into this comment, it's in pre-alpha. More info on my comment TBA.