Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

[Request] Could we get the notification when someone quotes us?

As the title says, when we are mentioned @Gothix for example we get notified, but when someone quotes us we get no notification of any kind.

Could this be implemented? Or would this be too much hassle? Thanks :3

Comments

• You can achieve this by signing your own messages with your name. Eg. If you quote me, I will be notified, because I'm signing this message with
    @lexmax
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2017
    lexmax said:
    You can achieve this by signing your own messages with your name. Eg. If you quote me, I will be notified, because I'm signing this message with ...
    What if I quote only a paragraph, without your signature? :)
    Because people mostly want to quote only a section, specially in case of long messages.
  • I guess you haven't been notified about my quote from above @lexmax :)
  • Hi @Gothix
    this suggestion has been raised with the team previously, so im sure they will look into when they can.
  • Shunex said:
    Hi @Gothix
    this suggestion has been raised with the team previously, so im sure they will look into when they can.
    Can we ""quote"" you on that :tongue:
  • lol sure, but with everything going on atm i don't know how long it'll be before it's implemented 
  • Gothix this feature should now be selectable via your preferences. Can you please confirm that this successfully resolves your ticket.

Many thanks for your patience,
  • Belewyn said:
    Can you please confirm that this successfully resolves your ticket.

Many thanks for your patience
    Thanks for reply. :)

The following is what I see in my preferences, I am not certain if any of these applies specifically to quoting of my posts.

See if you get a notification for me quoting you here and you will know if it works. :)

I will be able to check it next time someone quotes me somewhere.
  • Gothix said:
    Belewyn said:
    Can you please confirm that this successfully resolves your ticket.

Many thanks for your patience
    Thanks for reply. :)

The following is what I see in my preferences, I am not certain if any of these applies specifically to quoting of my posts.

See if you get a notification for me quoting you here and you will know if it works. :)

I will be able to check it next time someone quotes me somewhere.

Yep I sure did. Via options:

• Notify when people comment on my discussions
    • and Notify me when people comment on discussions I've participated in
  • Belewyn said:
    Gothix said:

*snip*
    Ah this was already available, but I was under the impression this gives you notification whenever someone comments on discussion you have participated in regardless if he quotes you or no.

So if 20 people post regular comments, not involving you, you still get notified. This is why I asked specifically about quoting ones text, without getting notified about every single comment in a thread. :)

I actually have "Notify me when people comment on discussions I've participated in" disabled because of that, to not get notification spammed about every comment that doesn't involve my posts. :)

I will try to enable that one and see how it works.
  • Gothix said:
    Belewyn said:
    Gothix said:

*snip*
    Ah this was already available, but I was under the impression this gives you notification whenever someone comments on discussion you have participated in regardless if he quotes you or no.

So if 20 people post regular comments, not involving you, you still get notified. This is why I asked specifically about quoting ones text, without getting notified about every single comment in a thread. :)

I actually have "Notify me when people comment on discussions I've participated in" disabled because of that, to not get notification spammed about every comment that doesn't involve my posts. :)

I will try to enable that one and see how it works.
    I agree, let me know if it works because I asked for this feature a couple of months ago xD Poor people are quoting me and asking questions and I never reply xD 
  • Diura said:

I agree, let me know if it works because I asked for this feature a couple of months ago xD Poor people are quoting me and asking questions and I never reply xD 
    I didn't get notified when you quoted me (I had those options disabled so far).

I will enable them now. But yeah, I think those options notify you for all comments in specific thread (if you have them enabled). There are no options that notify you only when someone quotes you.

Anyway, I'm enabling those options now and will check. :)
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2017
    Ok, confirming, those options (when enabled) notify you of each and every comment, regardless if it's connected with you or not.

So we are missing quote notifications, they do not exist currently.
    @Diura
  • Gothix said:
    Ok, confirming, those options (when enabled) notify you of each and every comment, regardless if it's connected with you or not.

@Diura

The option is Notify me when people mention me. Enable just that and you should be golden =)
  • Belewyn said:
    Gothix said:

@Diura

The option is Notify me when people mention me. Enable just that and you should be golden =)
    I'm only flagged when someone @ mentions me so if I post a second post can you quote me to see if I get s notification @Belewyn cos I've ticked the box you've mentioned? :3
  • TESTING if quoting someone works for notification with the setting Belewyn mentioned :3
  • @Diura can you here me now? Good

How about now ?

=P

• Belewyn said:

@Diura can you here me now? Good

How about now ?

=P

Okay so it's  been changed to an @ rather than copying the quote? ^^ If so i think that should be looked it cos I like to remember what I typed for it to be quoted xD
  • Diura said:
    Belewyn said:

How about now ?

=P

Okay so it's  been changed to an @ rather than copying the quote? ^^ If so i think that should be looked it cos I like to remember what I typed for it to be quoted xD

If I copy your quote but don't actually directly tag you did you receive this notice?
  • Belewyn said:
    Diura said:
    Belewyn said:

How about now ?

=P

If I copy your quote but don't actually directly tag you did you receive this notice?
    Yesssss we do now finally ahahaha xD Thankyou so much ❤️❤️❤️
    You're my favourite mod already :P 
  • I am happy I could confirm a fix from our amazing team at IS. Kudos team!

I will go ahead and close this thread as resolved =)

This discussion has been closed.