Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

[Podcast] From The Ashes Episode 11: Stay Classy

ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
edited July 2017 in Fan Media

From The Ashes Episode 11: Stay Classy - The Ashes of Creation podcast produced by The Dungeon Crawler Network! Join Aggelos and Thais, the Founders of The Dungeon Crawler Network, as they bare witness the rebirth of the MMORPG genre from the ashes of an industry that has left gamers behind!

This week, Aggelos is joined by Thais, Co-Founder of The Dungeon Crawler Network and From The Ashes, for another Ashen News segment where Thais goes over the development news for Ashes of Creation for the previous week as well as the Pillars of Creation talk show segment where the duo discuss the concept of Ashes of Creation's character creation system and the class abilities that will be playable at PAX West!

Show Notes:

• The Ashen News
  • Pillars of Creation: Character Creation Preview
  • Pillars of Creation: PAX West Demo Discussion on Classes

Podcast Information:

If you wish to support From The Ashes and The Dungeon Crawler Network, consider clicking the donate link on the bottom of our website or by supporting us over at our Patreon Page, Patreon.com/DungeonCrawlerNetwork or by using our Ashes of Creation Referral Link below! You can also support us by subscribing to our YouTube channel, leaving us a review on iTunes and Google Play, or by telling a friend about us!

Comments

• Hmmn. I need to re-listen to the Matt Broome interview.
    I thought he was telling us about how character models are designed - starting with the fight-club hero model as the base and then designing heavy or slim models later.
    He also typically states with males first and then designs female models later. But, this time the Aelar female model was made before he joined the team.

Nice recap!
  • Awesome, something to listen to when I get back from work!
  • Hey @Dygz! Yeah that is pretty much what he was saying. It was the base but seeing as the whole conversation was more of a "design meeting" then a preview we took the time to analysis it a little further. As I mentioned on the show the model in the video looked GREAT but those ZBrush models are always SUPER HIGH in polygon count and once they are ingame they often get dumbed down a bit.

@Ariatras Woot! Glad we could provide!
  • Yeah, no worries. Just a little bit of a different spin on what I thought I heard.
    But, I think it's likely to turn out as stated in your vid.
    Will certainly be true for PAX - which was another focus of your vid.
  • Dygz said:
    Yeah, no worries. Just a little bit of a different spin on what I thought I heard.
    But, I think it's likely to turn out as stated in your vid.
    Will certainly be true for PAX - which was another focus of your vid.
    Yeah, I wanted so bad to go to PAX for this but its too rich for my blood on such short notice!
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2017
    Thanks for helping my work outs go by much easier because of your lovely banter in my ear. 

Also a bump for for anyone who has not enjoyed this yet. 
  • Sintu said:
    Thanks for helping my work outs go by much easier because of your lovely banter in my ear. 

Also a bump for for anyone who has not enjoyed this yet. 
    Thank you so much @Sintu! So glad that you enjoyed it! Already working on notes for episode 12! A podcasters job is never done!
  • looking forward to your next pod cast with all that juicy information from the  recent live stream. many thanxs in advance 
  • TekonII said:
    looking forward to your next pod cast with all that juicy information from the  recent live stream. many thanxs in advance 
    I am actually working on the show notes for that episode now :D We also have a special planned for the following week with some community guests!