Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Link

i know this has probably been asked before but how do I link my kickstarter to my AoC account?

Comments

• Options
    You should have received a code within your registered email from Kickstarter. Once you get it, you will enter it in the account for Ashes that you want to house that particular code. If you haven't received your code yet, you should talk to someone in discord or put in a ticket on the website.

Hope that helps a bit! Good luck~
  • Options
    Thank you, I'll go check for a code.
  • Options
    @Popitino
    make sure you check in your spam and promotions tab's of your email account they sometimes ended up in there
  • Options
    I think the problem is much worse than I originally thought.

So I went to KickStarter to log in to what I thought was my account, and username or password didn't match, so I used the option to sign in using facebook, and through this I think I have accidentally created a new account altogether. I'm going to assume this because I checked "Backed Projects" tab and saw nothing.

I know I can't just say I backed this project, but I do actually have proof. In my credit card transactions I can see that I had paid £36.60 to KickStarter back in April.

Where should I go from here?
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2017
    Popitino said:
    I think the problem is much worse than I originally thought.

So I went to KickStarter to log in to what I thought was my account, and username or password didn't match, so I used the option to sign in using facebook, and through this I think I have accidentally created a new account altogether. I'm going to assume this because I checked "Backed Projects" tab and saw nothing.

I know I can't just say I backed this project, but I do actually have proof. In my credit card transactions I can see that I had paid £36.60 to KickStarter back in April.

Where should I go from here?
    Your account should still be there. On the Kickstarter page and click on login link, and press forgot password and enter the email you used to sign up the first time. If your payment went through you should have recieved an email with a code, since Kickstarter forwards your email that you used to register to intrepid and they send out the code to that email Kickstarter sent them. However, there is something out of place here, Kickstarter only charges after the campaign ended, but you said that they charged you on April that was too early. The ashes Kickstarter started in may and ended in June. If Kickstarter charged you on April you probably didn't back this project. 
  • Options
    Sorry I made an assumption, it says that the transaction date was 09 June 2017. But I do remember backing the project in April around the time I made this account. 
    Also my problem is I don't remember what email I used or, if its possible, that I even used an email altogether. But I think I did.
  • Options
    I've just checked and you can't back a project without using an email, so unless I entered the wrong email on the pledge as a guest, I'm not too sure what has happened.
  • Options
    please contact customer support @ cs@intrepidstudios.com for further help, i would also contact kickstarters help to see if they can help you track down your purchase there.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Not sure if you can even register with Kickstarter without verifying your email. You probably need to contact the Kickstarter support with your order details and see what actually happened and see what you can do from there. Kickstarter will have your credit card on file to verify your claim. I don't believe that Kickstarter sends your confidential information like credit cards etc to the developers so you need to contact Kickstarter.
  • Options
    Alright thank you, will do.
  • Options
    Update:

I talked to the people at KickStarter and it turns out the email for the account I used ended with ".con" instead of ".com", my mistake. I deleted my ".com" account and changed the ".con" to a ".com".
    All in all the emails are sorted, my new problem is having the code for my Settle pledge resent to the email.

• Options

Xhoshani said:
    Update:

I talked to the people at KickStarter and it turns out the email for the account I used ended with ".con" instead of ".com", my mistake. I deleted my ".com" account and changed the ".con" to a ".com".
    All in all the emails are sorted, my new problem is having the code for my Settle pledge resent to the email.

You will need to send an email to cs@intrepidstudios.com documenting both the old and the new email address along with Kickstarter receipt. They will then be able to assist you with this item.

PS thank you for supporting our Project =)
  • Options
    Devious @Shunex! :p I almost didn't recognise you with your new profile pic! ^^
  • Options
    Kratz said:
    I disapprove of his new pic...bring back the old Shushu =P
  • Options
    Belewyn said:
    Kratz said:
    I disapprove of his new pic...bring back the old Shushu =P
    Oh I wouldn't go that far.....One's entitled to change his mind, as soon as he tells me what I'm supposed to be standing by for :p
  • Options
    May I ask where I find my KickStarter receipt?
  • Options

As in proof of purchase or the account linking? If the former, It should've been emailed to you.

• Options
    If the receipt was sent to my email, it would've been to the ".con" email. So how would I get them to resend it but this time to the new email the account is under.
  • Options

Belewyn said:

Xhoshani said:
    Update:

You will need to send an email to cs@intrepidstudios.com documenting both the old and the new email address along with Kickstarter receipt. They will then be able to assist you with this item.

PS thank you for supporting our Project =)
    I believe @Belewyn has already answered your query here has he not? :)
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    @Kratz I believe @Belewyn has already answered your query here has he not? 

She, unless the awesome picture in Show Yourself is an elaborate catfish.
This discussion has been closed.