Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Swimming Mechanics or Drowning Skills :D

In the "Nodes Part One" Video Steven mentioned that "if the town had been formed along the coast, perhaps the fisherman would have caught something more dangerous". Although I am also interested in how the fishing system works (automatic, minigame or sth else entirely), the more burning question I was wondering about is: What would happen if you'd fall into the water? Perhaps something more dangerous would have caught the fisherman. :D
I've been tormented so far by awful swimming systems in MMOs. So that even when traveling alone and by foot, it was far more viable to walk along the river for a hundred meters to the next bridge, than to just swim through the river.
Also falling into a puddle while enemies were attacking me, was probably the worst ingame experience I ever had in an MMO. :s
Therefore my question is: Will there be a decent enough swimming mechanic in the game?

Comments

• Since we unlocked underwater content and on top of the water content via the KS stretch goals, I am going to say yes.
  • Ah there it is, thank you I totally missed that.
    No more puddle awfulness. Take that puddles. :D
  • Wouldn't it be batter to have diving mechanics over drowning?
  • Wouldn't it be batter to have diving mechanics over drowning?
    My exact thoughts as I read the title :) Unless they wanna go for that drowning simulator game everyone was playing at one point... Hopefully not.