Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

An Ultimate skill idea for Bard

ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
edited July 2017 in Ashes of Creation Design
Hey guys,
I wanted to share an idea as an ultimate skill for the bard.

In my head i see her using as a weapon a piece of parchment and a feathery pen 
She throws the parchment in the air and it dissolves in light and she starts to write in the air with the pen, as she writes she casts the words around the party members ( you see the words smaller flying around the party members) they get a health/mana regen. and a shield. When the casting ends the shield and mana/health regen. end too.

This skill makes her invunerable while casting it.

Tell me what you think?

Comments

• I was hoping for something more like the killing words from Dune. Like words of power and stuff. At least for the aggressive build path (assuming there's enough diversity in builds).

What you're describing sounds a little too OP because you can just aggro an enemy, cast the spell, then your party members wail on the enemies. Reduced damage might work a little better since that's a support spell, it would still encourage you to keep behind the line of battle.
  • Isabelle said:
    I was hoping for something more like the killing words from Dune. Like words of power and stuff. At least for the aggressive build path (assuming there's enough diversity in builds).

What you're describing sounds a little too OP because you can just aggro an enemy, cast the spell, then your party members wail on the enemies. Reduced damage might work a little better since that's a support spell, it would still encourage you to keep behind the line of battle.
    Yes but it all counts on numbers, because its a team skill it does not have to be crazy amounts. It could also work with various buffs as atacks speed and more damage.
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2017
    Bard too OP, needs nerf  :p
  • Isabelle said:
    I was hoping for something more like the killing words from Dune. Like words of power and stuff.
    Oooh yeah, the weirding way! Brings back some crazy nostalgia!
  • I like where you're going with this @Okieboo but I think this would make a better Bard Ultimate visually.....