Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Bank Crafting

ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
edited July 2017 in Ashes of Creation Design

OK this should be short and sweet

I really feel with the landscape of Games and MMO's being so much more Advanced then the years past, having the ability to use Crafting Materials Directly out of a players Bank and or Crafting Chest is a very important quality of life issue in MMO’s. 

Using it Directly from the bank/crafting box/Chest without having them in your pouch, bag, backpack or whatever the game design is. To Craft and create things should be a clear staple of the game.  This could help facilitate a more dynamic and seamless market and offer a quality of life perk for players that enjoy the “Townie” side of this game.

-          Ashember

-          Rookery Colony  GM

Comments

• ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2017
    Ooooo I agree with this x.x It sooo annoys me when I go to my bank and every time I need to hand pick everything out my bank - into my bag- craft them then put it into my bank QQ

I mean I don't need a portable bank but please oh please save meh from going through that process of going to take from my bank into my bag to craft to put back in bank xD

Let me visit bank, craft from bank, and it stays in bank - and if I need to take it out of bank I can choose so from there.

Unless I have no bank slots left, let me do it in my bag xD

21st Century let us have options for both methods xD 

• Exactly,
    Saves time searching.. which reminds me, there needs to be a search feature in the storage.
  • I think as long as you have to be in the bank in order for this feature to work I would be okay with it. You should not be able to craft items any where in the world using materials that are in your bank. That would trivilize the transfer of goods across distances.
  • As @Zastro kind of included, I think this is generally a "convenience" thing, so I wouldn't mind as long as you're in your own "shop" or "crafting area" (if there even is a dedicated area for it, which I think there should be.)

@Ashember However, I would fundamentally disagree with any access to the bank, through crafting or other means as it takes away a HUGE portion of trading, especially the concept of the caravan system and no central market.

A possibility, though, would be to have this as a feature for when a Trade-type city (forget the name), reaches the Metropolis level.  I believe one of the statements made by Steven was that one of the possible perks to a Metropolis of the Trade/Merchant-Type city was a buff that basically created a centralized marketplace, or linked the marketplaces to all of the nodes connected to that Metropolis.
  • I would need to know more about several other features before I can properly be swayed one way or the other.

Given the sheer volume of crafts I tend to end up doing, craft from bank is a huge convenience for me, HOWEVER, if I was in an area where I could be killed and looted it also minimises risk that I would need to take (which can be a bad thing).

With the information at hand currently, I would probably be happy to see crafting from banked materials available IF you are in an area that contains both a bank and crafting facilities, meaning no crafting up new gear/potions etc. in the middle of a dungeon if you didn't want to risk bringing the materials along with you.
    edited July 2017
    I think as long as you are in a crafting area that is either in your personal space or guild hall and that if that area has a storage box for crafting materials that would work.  I don't think having materials drawn from your bank would work with the overall design concept of Ashes.
  • From my understanding banks/storages are area/node dependent. so I my mind crafting from bank would have to be node limited in the same way... basically when your in a town the bank you can craft from is that towns bank. I also think that it should be limited to inside the town, otherwise you start to lose the point of having to more material around
    edited August 2017
    As others have alluded too....I wouldnt mind dedicated storage at a crafting area rather than the bank. Doesnt make much sense to be storing such stuff in a bank anyway.
    You should be storing stuff where its needed and used.
    Armour is normally stored in an armoury.
    No one crafts in a bank  ;)
  • From my understanding banks/storages are area/node dependent. so I my mind crafting from bank would have to be node limited in the same way... basically when your in a town the bank you can craft from is that towns bank. I also think that it should be limited to inside the town, otherwise you start to lose the point of having to more material around
    Your freehold is also node dependent though, so tying those things together would make sense.

Crafting auto access from freehold. 10/10