Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Will night time help with stealth?

Also, will we be able to climb walls, pick pocket, open locks, etc? 

Comments

• ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2017
    Yes. But no pick pockets. Some people will cry. And stealth won't be affected by night/day I think.
  • More great questions :)
  • I did not mean pick pocketing players.  I meant picking NPCs.
  • I'm in favor of pick pocketing anyone.  If I catch you picking me I want to be able to smash your face in and take all your money without repercussions.  It needs to be integrated with a stat check.  High int or dex of the mark makes it less likely for you to be successful.  Amount that can be taken takes into account level disparity etc... I don't even play a thief and I'm all for it.  
  • Sure...link failure of pickpocketing on player characters to the corruption system. Not the full penalties of PKing, but a small amount that flags them as red. So that way when caught, the player who the attempt was on can smash face with no repercussions.
  • Sure...link failure of pickpocketing on player characters to the corruption system. Not the full penalties of PKing, but a small amount that flags them as red. So that way when caught, the player who the attempt was on can smash face with no repercussions.
    It would be great if I.S could add these mechanics... 
    It would create new guilds and new takes on classes! Honestly, the more AoC adds, the better the game will become. That is, if they implement some of our ideas...
    I made that same statement in an alignment thread. I know its a fantasy game but adding real life mechanics such as pick pocketing and a justice system for the infringed is definitely a good system.  Going with this system like most of the books of this nature there is the "good side" of a city where the wealthy honest merchants interact with guards and thieves come for victims.  Then there is the seedy underbelly where no sane citizen will go at night where its martial law.  The more notorious your reputation is here the better off you are in this district as the haughty nobles will be far more likely to get their throat slit without the presence of the guards.

Its early so make those list of wants long and hope as much as possible sticks!