Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Referral and corruption

I just had a quick thought that I'd like to throw at the community and the devs.

What happens to credit and/or items gained from referring accounts that use stolen credit cards? It is very common for gold farmers to use stolen credit card info to create accounts in video games. So if an account is using this to their advantage, what will happen to them?

Say the main account is made legitimately but they have repeatedly had referrals sign up and pay their sub or cash shop purchases made with said stolen credit cards. Does the main account get banned? Do they have the credit and items revoked? Do they get blocked from gaining credits from referrals in the future?

Comments

• Good question. I'd say like other games, their fraud team would investigate and take action based on their findings. This could result in any or all of the outcomes you suggest :)
  • Interesting and inevitable situation. I guess the only they could do is investigate the case, and act based on the findings.

PS: Honestly, after much though, i have no clue xD 
  • I could only guess that they'd take back the points gained. Not really any way anyone can control who uses them as a referral. Hell, if this had lasting consequences, I could see people using it as a trolling method. Using stolen info or doing chargebacks to screw over the person they selected as a referer
  • Loyheta said:
    I could only guess that they'd take back the points gained. Not really any way anyone can control who uses them as a referral. Hell, if this had lasting consequences, I could see people using it as a trolling method. Using stolen info or doing chargebacks to screw over the person they selected as a referer
    since credit card fraud is a criminal offence, it's a pretty risky type of trolling :o
  • lexmax said:
    Loyheta said:
    I could only guess that they'd take back the points gained. Not really any way anyone can control who uses them as a referral. Hell, if this had lasting consequences, I could see people using it as a trolling method. Using stolen info or doing chargebacks to screw over the person they selected as a referer
    since credit card fraud is a criminal offence, it's a pretty risky type of trolling :o
    Eh like those cretins care about legalities.
  • What will make me sad is if they have to start region locking people from the game for just these reasons. We seem to have some budding Russian interest in the game, but due to problems they have with credit card fraud a slew of games IP ban them. Same goes for certain games that are US based or EU banning different countries in Asia.
  • Yeah that would be really unfortunate for the legitimate players that are genuinely interested in this game.