Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Joining the Ashes

ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
edited July 2017 in The Newly Arrived
Greetings! Excited to delve into Ashes with everybody. I am really interested in how everyone will approach starting the game off. I really enjoy how the devs are pushing for exploration, cultivating towns etc. but am worried that things will turn into a cluster storm of PvP for nodes, or mega guilds dominating everything.

I admit I haven't read up on every detail regarding the game and what new developments have been announced I still need to sit down and do that but again still curious how people will approach this new game.

Comments

• Welcome to the party. There are currently around 15 hours of Q&A video to go through, and if you go to Ashes Discord Intrepid_Answers many of your concerns should be addressed. The development team gives a video Q&A twice a month currently where they show off what has been done lately and answer questions from a mix of live on Twitch, forums, and Discord. Your cluster storm and mega guilds issue has been extensively discussed and they have plans to address such issues.
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2017
    Welcome to our community @DHonda :) The DEVs are determined to make PvP griefing unviable. And of course alpha and beta testing will help tune these systems to make sure they are viable.

More information on the PvP flagging system can be found here:

Ashes of Creation World PvP
  • Thank you @lexmax and @UnknownSystemError glad the devs have addressed these concerns and have an in-the-works plan forming!
  • DHonda said:
    Greetings! Excited to delve into Ashes with everybody. I am really interested in how everyone will approach starting the game off. 
    Hey welcome!

You should totally make a poll about that!

As our comrades shared, the discord is a good place to be for information too.  The ashes_discussion channel is literally begging you to ask them questions.  :)

See ya there
    - tug
  • Welcome @DHonda!
  • Welcome to our community!  Great to have you on board!!
  • Yoyoyoyoyo! Welcome!
  • Welcome to the community, @DHonda!
  • Welcome!
  • Welcome @DHonda

• Welcome @DHonda and hope you are enjoying the game so far :sunglasses:
  • @DHonda Welcome to the Ashes community!  You ask good questions and address concerns many of us have discussed.  As @Lexmax has state there are many resources for you to explore.  So far many of us are putting our faith,  though not blindly, in Intrepid to address these things. They have said they want a game that is viable for everyone, even the solo casual player.  
  • Hello @DHonda o/ and welcome to the community smile
  • @DHonda welcome to the shenanigans! O hope you enjoy your stay and I look forward to discussing more Ashes with you on discord and here on the forums!  :)o:)
  • Greetings! Always happy to see a new face join the community, hope to see you on discord soon so we can feed you some information and toss together new ideas for whats to come!
  • Welcome @DHonda! Hope you enjoy the hype train! Come help me shovel the coal when you have 5 minutes ;)
  • tugowar said:
    DHonda said:
    Greetings! Excited to delve into Ashes with everybody. I am really interested in how everyone will approach starting the game off. 
    Hey welcome!

You should totally make a poll about that!

As our comrades shared, the discord is a good place to be for information too.  The ashes_discussion channel is literally begging you to ask them questions.  :)

See ya there
    - tug
    Wasn't there a poll about that somewhere? Be nice if we could search, lol!

Hello, and welcome @DHonda!
  • Thank you all for the warm welcome haha everyone here is awesome!
  • Welcome! It's a long wait but hopefully worth it :smiley:
  • @Rofus Thank you! Definitely trying my best to find the patience haha really hoping to get a key and dive into this game. 
  • Welcome to our community! 
  • Welcome @DHonda ! Take your time savor every bit of info you can find, if you pace it just right there will always be new stuff to find!
  • Welcome to the community. Hope you have fun on the forums.