Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Crowdfunding forum badges

Work in progress released by the great Baconator!

Comments

• ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2017
    The other badges look great, but this is the one I really want ...

The Baconator Badge!
  • They look amazing! I really wish I could have afforded the braver of the world pack :( stunning. I love the Divine Gateways in Ashes ^^ beautiful :3
  • Are they all in color or only those two? I think Hero of the people is the coolest and Braver of Worlds is the most.... intimate
  • Egolego said:
    Are they all in color or only those two? I think Hero of the people is the coolest and Braver of Worlds is the most.... intimate
    These are work in progress, so only concept art at this stage :)
  • IS have some very talented people.
  • these badges look nice and all but why?
    Somehow/where displaying how much money a small group of players spend with detailed icons is totaly overkill in my opinion.. xD
    I dont get the point smh
    Like yea i always wanted to give my words more weight while saying stuff like 'uh you spend less money than me u nub' with proof .... ._.
    Is there any other use?
  • So.. what is the point of these forum badges exactly?
  • They are used as a selling point to show what level of support you gave. Since the forums are open to anyone who decides to make an account, as we get closer to release the trolls will start to wake up and rear their ugly heads. Posts from "xXRoxxorXx" will most likely have less weight in the communities mind that someone who can sport a badge of any level that shows they have been following the game since the beginning. "I am in alpha phase one, and the combat suxxors." from someone who doesn't have a Bravers badge or higher on display should give you a clue the person is talking out their ass.
    It is also a brilliant way for a company to make money for minimal effort. Bacon is spending a few days getting the badges ready and does beautiful work, but the amount of money they took in vs his salary for that time he spends on that single issue is negligible for the company.
  • The point is to look cool and have something you don't.
    edited July 2017
    I like that Phoenix badge. Shame I can't have it :) The leader of man looks more like a friendship theme though. Not sure he got this right. And the royalty one with the strangelled chicken?? Hmm. No criticism for the rest though, the are all good.
  • Would be cool if you could display them ingame too. Like a feat of strength.
  • Would be cool if you could display them ingame too. Like a feat of strength.
    I wish forum badges / in game badges could be displayed on both the forums and the game like a trophy cupboard ^^
  • Ah! But if IS don't want others to see our gear stats (discussed in another posting) because it may lead to elitism, isn't this also a matter of potential elitism?
  • You don't get a gear advantage through the crowdfunding packages. I don't think that this will lead to elitism.
  • Braver is real sexy, bow chicka wow wow!
  • Colors look sexy
  • The Avatar of @lexmax is great too, it ought to be at that price though
  • Going to love getting that Braver of Worlds badge!
  • Thanks for posting Lexmax!!!
  • *sees Braver of World's badge*
    WALLET! WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN ME?
  • lexmax said:
    The other badges look great, but this is the one I really want .

The Baconator Badge!
    Would pay top dollar for this!
  • Uao said:
    these badges look nice and all but why?
    Somehow/where displaying how much money a small group of players spend with detailed icons is totaly overkill in my opinion.. xD
    I dont get the point smh
    Like yea i always wanted to give my words more weight while saying stuff like 'uh you spend less money than me u nub' with proof .... ._.
    Is there any other use?
    So
    Glory said:
    So.. what is the point of these forum badges exactly?
    I have one and you dont. lol
  • @Richter
    Actualy ur wrong.
  • Richter said:
    Uao said:
    these badges look nice and all but why?
    I dont get the point smh
    Is there any other use?
    So
    Glory said:
    So.. what is the point of these forum badges exactly?
    I have one and you dont. lol

Nah, it's just a nice way to recognize those who backed the game early on.

How certain individuals choose to act with regards to having / not having a badge is up to them.

There will always be rude assholes & crybaby whiners on both ends of the spectrum.  Just remember that no matter what you do or say or don't do or don't say there will be a group of people who choose to be upset and offended.  Welcome to 2017.
  • Leader of men looks quite lame as of now, some effects could change it all ofcourse. Overall they look nice
  • IS have some very talented people.
    Not sure the people of Syria would agree with that ;)
    edited August 2017
    Waysm said:
    *sees Braver of World's badge*
    WALLET! WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN ME?
    Yeah, that does look very cool :)
    I can't wait to be able to wield that, and get to play with all the goodies that come with Braver of Worlds.
    That is as long as I don't get banned for the previous comment :) But hey, British sense of humour :D
  • Chucksta said:
    IS have some very talented people.
    Not sure the people of Syria would agree with that ;)

Intrepid Studio does have a bid of an unlucky abbreviation 
  • Hasn't hurt Toyota, why would an unknown startup worry?
    Image result for isis car brand in japan image
  • I like the Braver of Worlds the most and I'm happy to get it soon :3 For me it has the most look of Ashes! <3 

Meow~