Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Hey guys! Answer a few questions, please.

The game that a gamer does - sounds attractive, but everyone has different interests and I want to know if this game will be interesting to me. I always play as pirate captain, bandit leader or mercenary commander. My games are EVE Online, Lineage C1-Interlude, DayZ.

1) What is the maximum size of the battle? 
2) Can one player attack the other everywhere or the game is done for carebears? Will there be peace zones in the game? Will there be instances in the game? Will the system of flags and pk ?
3) Will things fall out at death? If yes, then all things?
4) Will there be one big server or many small ones?
5) What about espionage, theft, betrayal?
6) What is more important for victory: level and equipment, quantity or discipline and organization?

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Options
    A lot of these questions can be answered by watching the video's, but here it goes:

1: We dont know yet/
    2: PK is available (almost) everywhere. But certain punishments exists based on the situation. Pk'ing during Caravans wont be (as) punished as ganking someone who is gathering.
    3: Yes, items will be lost upon death. Not everything. But it will probably change during alpha/beta. A balance must be found.
    4: Server pop of 10k per server is the idea now.
    5: Espionage/betrayal can be done in any mmorpg. I havent heard thieving being confirmed.
    6: Depends on the situation PvE/PvP/Open world PvP/GvG/Node wars/Sieges.
  • Options
    Welcome to the community @GreatTyr

It's 2:36 am here so I want tackle your questions, most were answered above and I'm sure someone else will provide links shortly
  • Options
    Welcome to the community @GreatTyr, Most safezones will be nodes and I believe that it is Open World PVP. But the game is going to start being public in December 2018 for the Backers and Open Beta starts around Q1 or Q2 or 2019, they have a lot of time to change there ideas.

• Options
    Welcome!  As suggested I would watch the twitch videos if possible.  

1) What is the maximum size of the battle? Nothing has been decided here. 

2) Can one player attack the other everywhere or the game is done for carebears? Will there be peace zones in the game? Will there be instances in the game? Will the system of flags and pk ?  From what we have seen there is very little safe zones. Maybe your house and maybe parts of major cities but all open PvP in the wild however there is a system in place for Green players (not wanting to PvP) purple (looking for a fight) and red (corruption you get by killing a green). You can kill green players but your character will be penilized by some stats lowering and the risk of losing a possible gear on death. 

3) Will things fall out at death? If yes, then all things?  Only a percentage chance for gear to be lost on corrupted players. You can lose your gathering materials on a green or purple player but no gear. 

4) Will there be one big server or many small ones?  No mega servers. It will have many servers not connected. 

5) What about espionage, theft, betrayal?  You can make alts to infiltrate enemy guilds. Theft is not listed in the game to other players at the moment. 

6) What is more important for victory: level and equipment, quantity or discipline and organization?  We won't know until we test. 

• Options
    Welcome to Ashes.  As others have stated, watching the videos would be the best thing to answer your questions though they have done a pretty good job.   As far as stealing from other players,  this is what I found to answer another person:

Thieves, would you be able to steal a small amount from other players?

1. No, can’t steal from others.
    2. Will have more along the lines of stealing from communities / nodes.
      1. Might have a quest to steal an Item within the Scholar's academy. Will now be an enemy from the npc’s there.

• Options
    Welcome @GreatTyr!
  • Options
    Hello @GreatTyr o/ and welcome to the community smile
  • Options
    Welcome @GreatTyr to this awesome community :) 
  • Options
    Hi @GreatTyr

Welcome!
    Hope you feel the community and the vids etc can give you enough info. Sounds like you're deterrmined and used to being a bit of a leader. I'm sure there's a place for you here if you're prepared to check things out. Also feel free to browse the 'Guild Recruitment' section, if you're not bringing your own along or something.
    When did you start gaming?
  • Options
    Welcome @GreatTyr ! Much of what we know now may change, best to stay up to date with the videos and posts, then when we start getting into the non NDA alphas we can seriously start to see what they have planned for us!
  • Options
    *wonders if he read the answers*