Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Is it bird or dragon?

So casually discussing lore with a guildie and I'm convinced this is a bird destroying the ashes world before citizens fled through the Divine Portals. Perhaps a Phoenix? (Even though it looks nothing like a Phoenix but fire ya know) reckon this is a Phoenix gods minion that actually destroys the world when civilisation progresses too much so that's it can be reborn (the world restarting)? All the other flying things look like wyverns but this one just doesn't look quite right xD
What do you all think?

Comments

• It could be a fire elemental or some kind of magic 
  • Sure looks like a Phoenix to me!
  • It's​ look like a bird because of black colour around him and the way that he is standing on the building, I agree with you that other one's are wyverns but one of ideas is that this could be a big Wyverns, like mother of them, it doesn't look like elementals because you can see part of his body so maybe also dark phoenix? Btw I is just me or did this creature get a fireball in his right side of face probably from the tower next to him?
  • Krojak said:
    Sure looks like a Phoenix to me!
    If so maybe our Phoenix logo isn't as positive for the citizens of the world as we might have expected xD I'm now convinced it's a god in Ashes that pushes change when the world is too advanced xD see not bad not good God but a change God xD
  • It looks to me like it could be a giant wyvern of some kind

by the way, whoever drew this one is awesome.
  • Diura said:
    Krojak said:
    If so maybe our Phoenix logo isn't as positive for the citizens of the world as we might have expected xD I'm now convinced it's a god in Ashes that pushes change when the world is too advanced xD see not bad not good God but a change God xD
    Did you just say the god of change?

So intrepid are working with tzeentch it seems
  • lexmax said:
    It looks to me like it could be a giant wyvern of some kind

by the way, whoever drew this one is awesome.
    I agree with you, like probably mother of Wyverns
  • nagash said:
    Diura said:
    Krojak said:

Is this your cousin? XD
  • Diura said:
    nagash said:
    Diura said:
    Krojak said:

Is this your cousin? XD
    It's a long story
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    @diura
     Even though it looks nothing like a Phoenix but fire ya know
    Sorry....  could you link some real photos of what a Phoenix looks like?

Only without them I can't give a sensible opinion on this topic.

(You know I love you right :) )
    edited June 2017
    Megs said:
    @diura

Well I don't think it looks like a Phoenix but I do think it looks like a bird :3
    My image button isn't working :(
  • Definitely a Moltres.... no doubt about it, seen them before
  • Megs said:
    @diura

Here you go @Megs, a real phoenix 

• Kind of asked for that one didn't I?
  • its a dragonbird  B)
  • Megs said:
    Kind of asked for that one didn't I?
    Indeed.  It had to be done.  :)
    edited June 2017
    To me, it looks like a horned shadow beast sort of thing....almost more minotaur in shape, but largely insubstantial in mass. 
    You can see his back left leg extend behind him as he lunges forward with his left fist.
    edited June 2017

That definitely looks like a Phoenix in the logo...

Not to mention the meaning of A Phoenix in Greek Mythology. It's a symbol of rebirth. It's all in the name of this game...

Quick google search on "Phoenix meaning":
    "Associated with the Sun, a 
    phoenix obtains new life by arising from the ashes of its predecessor."

it CREATES new life by arising from the ASHES! Case closed, close up shop people. This thread has been closed

I need to change my name to DetectiveBane 
    B) 
  • My gawd you guys pay great attention to detail.. I never once thought to look at the pics and analyze. When I see pics of the game, I just see "cool stuff". My brain fails me sometimes.
  • Welphgryn said:
    My gawd you guys pay great attention to detail.. I never once thought to look at the pics and analyze. When I see pics of the game, I just see "cool stuff". My brain fails me sometimes.
    [Agree]. So many nerds in an unreleased MMORPG forum! Who would've guessed :wink:
  • Pretty birdie looks like a phoenix \(^ω^\)
  • Bird. It has feathers.
    But birds are basically dragons.
  • I can't tell what it is from the photo but I feel a bit like it might be some sort of Rorschach inkblot test or maybe something more ominous is going on here.... So I think it is Mr. Stay Puft. 
  • phoenix, only makes sense
  • Its superman =P

• That definitely looks like a Phoenix in the logo...

Not to mention the meaning of A Phoenix in Greek Mythology. It's a symbol of rebirth. It's all in the name of this game...

Quick google search on "Phoenix meaning":
    "Associated with the Sun, a phoenix obtains new life by arising from the ashes of its predecessor."

it CREATES new life by arising from the ASHES! Case closed, close up shop people. This thread has been closed

I need to change my name to DetectiveBane  B) 
    Most definitely a Phoenix for me as well. The lore and art AND SWAG just points to it and to ME it really REALLY looks like a phoenix from Asian cultures, with the long fiery trailing eyebrows. 
    edited August 2017
    If the other flying things are as you say, wyvern, then perhaps this is a blessing. The picture simply shows a pheonix we can't see it destroying anything, almost as though it is watching over us. We know there are 10 gods I believe however I highly doubt 10 gods will agree with one another. This could be some of the 'good' gods trying to stop the destruction, holding off the forces of corruption as we flee for the portal!
    Perhaps (probably going way too deep) the 'ashes of creation' are the 'good' gods that have been destroyed by the corruption and were metaphorically the ashes of our creation, dying so we could survive... Perhaps even giving their own life force to create the portals... As I said nothing but guessing because I love the idea of discussing possible lore haha!
  • Just looks like an artsy take on flaming siege projectiles being rained down on a city to me
  • I dunno.  The more I look and try to analyze it. I see a phoenix.
  • It's a vulture with it's face on fire.