Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Summer Backers end date a bit silly

ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
edited July 2017 in Forum and Discord Help
Unfortunately I have missed out on the promotion by a few days (was gonna get the $150 backer pack) due to a silly end date.

The majority of people get paid on the last working day so couldn't the promotion have run until the 1st of August??

Might be something to keep in mind when next doing a promotion as i'm sure there are a few people in the same position.

Thanks

Rivux 

Comments

• Options
    The Summer Backing was added as an afterthought to appease what turned out to be a very vocal, yet small base of people. It ran for the same length as the KS, because anything else and it would have kept the issue of word smithing "Exclusive to KS" alive and kicking. They are probably more than happy to put that particular bugbear to bed. And while I have no intention on telling you how to spend your money, if you are living paycheck to paycheck, might want to lay off the whole dropping money on virtual products gig.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    I'm not living off Pay check to Paycheck lol.
    I only discovered Ashes a few weeks ago :)

My point is extending the date back by literally a few days opens up the added $$ to be brought in that covers all pay days. Just seems silly to end a campaign a few days before the actual end of the month.

"I have no intention on telling you how to spend your money" followed up straight after with how to spend my money... good one!

You generalised me then proceeded to give me life tips..great guy ;) 
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Sorry if you didn't get the joke. It was meant in the same style as people who start statements with "I don't want to sound racist, but........."

Edit: After thinking about it decided to come back and give some background why this would be a button pushing issue for many people that have been around longer. The game has been promoted and pushed as being fully funded for the core product. They decided to run a Kickstarter campaign with a 750k goal for one month. Packages in that KS have "Exclusive to KS" tags on certain items, the most contentious being the "KS exclusive Lifetime subscription to Ashes." They start the KS and it goes gangbusters. Raises 3.2 million (minus KS fees of around 10 percent) from almost 20k people. Around 3.5k to 4k of those are Lifetime sub and above packages. A couple weeks in to all this the forums and Discord are flooded by outraged people who complain that they can't buy KS packages, because they don't have a credit card, there is some weird restriction in their home country, and various other reasons.
    They decide to offer a Summer Backing period to match the KS for one month after the KS has ended. During the livestream when this is announced, Steven throws out a number of 70 percent of their accounts are from people who can't back due to KS restrictions, so people think this is more than fair to offer them a chance to back. They release the Summer Backer packages, and another wave of outrage hits. The "Exclusive to KS" are renamed from, for example Runic Stallion, to Midnight Mare, mirroring the KS packages exactly except for name tweaking. The Lifetime Sub is offered again at a $50 markup, because Steven has decided that the word "Exclusive" applies to the price and not the program. 
    The Summer backer runs till the end date in June, starts out real slow, and stays low. Once it is done, the number of new packages sold ends up just a hair shy of unlocking the 2500 backers goal. Steven decides to unlock the furniture set goal, and give everyone who backed the Wand of many Things in compensation for the word smithing and general shitshow the backing had become.
    I am sure they are more than happy to put the whole debacle in the rearview mirror.
  • Options
    Rivux said:
    Unfortunately I have missed out on the promotion by a few days (was gonna get the $150 backer pack) due to a silly end date.

The majority of people get paid on the last working day so couldn't the promotion have run until the 1st of August??

Might be something to keep in mind when next doing a promotion as i'm sure there are a few people in the same position.

Thanks

Rivux 
    UnknownSystemError  gave you facts and more info and answers then really needed.

You said you knew about the game a few weeks ago. You decided you wanted the $150 backers pkg.  so you  must have known when the deadline was.  The Summer Backer offer was set up to meet other complaints of not being able to join. 
    Most people do not get paid monthly or on a Tuesday.   August 1st is a Tuesday.  
    No one can set goals or dates to meet everyone's criteria. I think your complaint is moot. 

I would suggest that if you are really interested, stay connected to this awesome community and hope that down the road more incentives and early access will be offered.   We have a long wait ahead.  
  • Options

Rivux said:

Thanks

Rivux 

Hi Rivux.

The KS and Summer Sales did run with the same time frames and I believe that was intended. While both opportunities to back have now concluded, there are talks of future sale leading up to launch. What might be offered in these sales is to my knowledge still a topic of discussion. I would recommend to keep an eye out and I hope that you will have the opportunity to participate in the next event.

Thank you for your support <3

This discussion has been closed.