Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

In the beginning I made this newb...

I'm a big Role Player.

So any information on the beginnings of our Characters?

Have we been kept in a cave to survive and are only now crawling out to venture into the Ashes of Creation to see if it is safe to make our way?

Were we all kept in a great Ark that has only now landed on a continent.

It helps to come up with some pre-launch guild and city development to know where we will start. Make some pre-launch stories and such...

Comments

• Options
    While some people know a bit about the lore most of it is currently kept under wraps until they release a large dev blog about it.

No real ETA on when that will happen, at least not that I know of.
  • Options
    Well the Home page says this:
    Set on a fallen world untouched by civilization for thousands of years.

So i assume "we" do not originate from this world and come there through other means. So many things that couldve happend. How did this world die? And why do we leave our own world to go to this one? Im very curious towards to Lore. One could come up with so much fascinating stuff with this.
  • Options
    [quote quote=1226]Well the Home page says this:
    Set on a fallen world untouched by civilization for thousands of years.

So i assume “we” do not originate from this world and come there through other means. So many things that couldve happend. How did this world die? And why do we leave our own world to go to this one? Im very curious towards to Lore. One could come up with so much fascinating stuff with this.

[/quote]

From <a href="http://www.mmorpg.com/ashes-of-creation/interviews/intrepid-studios-aims-to-breathe-new-life-into-the-mmorpg-1000011398/page/2">this interview</a> we get told that; "I can say the players are heroes just for stepping through the portal", which for me sounds like a portal magically appeared and knowone knows why/how, so the people stepping through are considered heroes.
    But (to me) it also means that theres no way back, cause if people could go back it would be the same "hero-situation/status" :) But it's basicly only theorycrafting right now, but if I/someone feel up for it someday, it could be fun with some short stories/journal stories made using the art released.
  • Options
    Looks cool.
  • Options
    So Portals seem to be the only origin fact I can find. Used to leave our devastated civilization and go somewhere safe. Only now are we the descendants of those who fled now returning to the World again thru these portals...

I shall search for more facts!