Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Please implement for Guilds:

As a guild leader, I would love to be able to setup a dynamic Promotion/Demotion system.

Since Ashes will be all about progression (Guilds, Nodes, etc), I'd like to be able to put a requirement on Guild Ranks based on a person's contribution to both the Guild (tax money collected from the person, and XP earned for the Guild), and the Node (XP contributed to our "home" Node). 

As a secondary idea, if our guild (Wolfpack) bases itself in a Military Node, we could tie a rank to a person's combat level, or if in a Divine Node tie a Rank to how much Faith (?) a person has earned.

This would give guild members a very tangible goal to set for themselves instead of "hoping" an Officer notices them and their contributions compared to everyone else's.

Comments

• I almost always approve of more options for guild leaders and this is no exception
    +1 from me
  • I support all of these kind of options for guild leaders. What I hope they don't do is give guilds benefits for existing based on size of member roster. Hate that in games, lets give WOW as an example, that I feel that I "have" to join a guild to get the relevant bonuses. Things like exp and gold loot bonuses linked to guilds of a certain rank. Things that impact gameplay in a direct way. Having to grind "guild reputation" to be able to buy different guild only cosmetics.

Allow guilds to go back to being social support organizations. People you enjoy logging on to talk with and do activities with. I can think back to a SWTOR guild that had people in it I just couldn't stand, but I felt I had to stay because it had maxed the benefit to exp gain.
  • Interesting idea. If they do implement this I hope it is an optional feature though. As a GM I'd prefer rank to be decided by my guild officers. 
  • Hi,

I like the idea that the system can track member contribution for you.  I think you can extend the concept to guild management.  How many game hours guild mates spend grouped with guildies, last time they grouped with a guildy or talked in gchat, etc.  Things that help you measure which members are very active and which members are inactive/you're prone to losing.

It'd also be nice to see all of the character sheets of guild members, such as in the guild hall.  

Thanks,
    -tug
  • lexmax said:
    Interesting idea. If they do implement this I hope it is an optional feature though. As a GM I'd prefer rank to be decided by my guild officers. 
    It would HAVE to be optional. One, for the reason you stated: some folks enjoy having more micro-management options. And Two, because someone's "overall effectiveness" might not be judged highly by the system, but you may want to promote them, anyhow... so the option has to be there to still accommodate that.
  • Integrated DKP system, zerg friendly game mechanics ;)