Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Wolfpack [NA/PvX] Real-life 30+ year group!

ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
edited July 2017 in North American Guilds

Guild Name: Wolfpack 
Leaders: Rabbit and Exzenon
Server: North America
Timezone: Central (-6 UTC)
Size: We put far more emphasis on actually knowing our members than padding our numbers.
Where you may have seen us before: Asheron's Call, Ultima Online, City of Heroes, Star Wars Galaxies, Star Wars: The Old Republic
Requirements: MUST speak English, and prepare to be social within Discord. We prefer 18+, but exceptions can be made. Any Timezone is accepted, just bear in mind that Guild Events will center around the NA/Central Timezone. Also, pay attention to our Rules listed on the Discord server!

HISTORY
Wolfpack was born over 30 years ago when a group of kids around the Dallas, TX area came together while playing live-action role-playing games like Amtgard and the SCA, and then began spending a great deal of time together outside the normal weekend events. We've been friends ever since.

As time passed, we graduated from High School and separated to pursue our individual lives: college, career, family. However, we never stopped keeping in touch, and made a point to come together at every opportunity. Today, the majority of us are back in the Dallas area and get together regularly for gaming sessions, holiday celebrations, and taking vacations together.

GOING ONLINE
Our group has existed longer than the Internet (as people know it today). As online gaming started to become a thing, a few of us jumped in head-first playing MUDS and the like. Our first real online game, which only a couple of us bothered to try out, was Meridian '59. It wasn't until Asheron's Call and Ultima Online that we started developing a real online presence.

Our latest foray together was SWTOR (Star Wars: The Old Republic). Until it released, we hadn't really taken outsiders seriously. That is to say, others were welcome to join our online Guild, but they were never really a part of us. SWTOR changed all of that. June 2017 marked the 5th annual Wolfpack get-together, this time held in Florida. Next year is still up in the air.

ASHES OF CREATION
Our goal in Ashes of Creation will be the same as it is in everything we do together: have an excellent time! We have a reputation for being a no-nonsense, absolutely zero Drama Guild. The vast majority of our members are gown adults with strong heads on their shoulders, real careers (some of us retired), and are well-educated. As such, we tend to recruit the same. None of us have time for Soap Opera antics.

This also means that we fully understand the needs, and pressure, of real life. We never ask that our members put real-life on hold just to make a Guild Event happen. Play on your own timetable, and at your own pace, doing whatever it is you like to do.

We make absolutely no demands on playstyle; if you don't like arena-combat, or Crafting, or working on team mechanics to take down the hardest Raids, then don't participate in those things. We don't judge. All we ask is that if you choose to do those things, then come to win because those of us who dedicate ourselves to it take it seriously.

That being said, for Ashes of Creation we require staying a citizen of whichever Node we decide (as a Guild) to call Home. I'd love to give a more in-depth overview of our goals in the game, but we just don't have enough information yet. I can tell you, with absolute certainty, that we will make no demands on your choice of Race, or Class, or Religious choices in the game.

HOW TO APPLY
Right now, we're each kind of doing our own thing while we wait for Ashes of Creation to Release. Some folks are still playing SWTOR, others are spending more time with their families, etc. As we get closer to Alpha, and Launch, expect to find more members in our new Discord server created specifically for this game. Feel free to follow the link above to join the server and hang out. I'll be checking it when I can and we can talk.

If after reading this you feel like you'd make a good fit, and are serious about helping us create a meaningful presence in Ashes of Creation, then feel free to reply to this topic, message myself or Exzenon, or just jump into the Discord server and read the Rules.

Comments

• Hail All,

I am a founding member of The Wolf Pack, like Rabbit has said we have been around and playing games for a long time. Our last major game we played in force was SWTOR. I was guild leader for our group for 5 years. My wife has taken over the duties there. She is also a avid gamer and will join us here. I will be getting into the game just not sure at what level. I would like to be part of the leadership going forward, but that is a discussion for later on. We ran the guild there with the same basic rule set.

I hope our guild interest you and you apply for our guild.

Exzenon.
  • Updated
  • I'm in!
  • I am interested in joining your guild.
  • Hey, Teffo70!
    We're sort of on hiatus at the moment. Most of us are sort of doing our own thing at the moment since most of us have left SWTOR behind, and just kind of trying new
    things until the Alpha starts. Keep an eye here for when we get closer to the Alpha
    and start gaming together!
  • Original post updated with Discord link!
    The Discord server is new to reflect our new presence in Ashes of Creation! If you feel like you'd make a good fit, and want to excel with a group of friendly, casual players, jump in now so we can start getting to know you!
  • I like what I see, I am also in Texas so that will be good for playing times. I have been in MMOs since EQ days played WOW since vanilla. When I get some time I will stop by your discord. 
  • Just join up and hang out. We're not really recruiting right now since I hate getting people excited without providing them correct info. The rules are obviously set-in-stone, but I still have no idea which Node type will be our primary, etc.
  • I'm interested in joining the guild.
  • I'm Definitely interested in joining,
    I too am patiently waiting for the release of this game and will be a lot more active when it does release.for now i am searching for a mature guild to join to start off the game with,
    Age- 22
    Mic ?- Yes
    Location- Nashville, TN,
    Activity- When game is released i expect to be on daily for multiple hours depending on my job IRL of course.
    other games played?- Life is Feudal, SWTOR, Squad, Of kings and men, Mount and blade, ETC
    Steam ID- http://steamcommunity.com/id/kryptoknight727/

i look forward to meeting everyone and hopefully joining the Wolfpack

• Recurve said:
    I'm interested in joining the guild.
    I'm Definitely interested in joining,
    I too am patiently waiting for the release of this game and will be a lot more active when it does release.for now i am searching for a mature guild to join to start off the game with,
    Age- 22
    Mic ?- Yes
    Location- Nashville, TN,
    Activity- When game is released i expect to be on daily for multiple hours depending on my job IRL of course.
    other games played?- Life is Feudal, SWTOR, Squad, Of kings and men, Mount and blade, ETC
    Steam ID- http://steamcommunity.com/id/kryptoknight727/

i look forward to meeting everyone and hopefully joining the Wolfpack

Hey, guys! Feel free to jump into our new Discord so you're ready when we hit Alpha and start playing. (Assuming you have Alpha access, of course!) Once the game goes into testing, we're definitely going to be spending a LOT of time in-game which will let us start getting to know people.
  • Hello=Привет. 30years old)
  • So your core group of people all know each other in real life? That's pretty sweet. You guys have a discord link in case I wanted to stop by and chat?