Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Curious about what language Ashes of Creation will be released in? Localization? Find out here!

ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
edited November 2017 in Forum and Discord Help

Q: What languages will Ashes of Creation be released in? Will there be localization?

• A: English thus far has been confirmed. Localization and translations really depend on the demand for our game in those regional markets. I can say that it is an expensive process, but one that we are wanting to do if the demand is there. The best thing you can do to see this happen, is to help build our community in those markets.

Comments

• The game will be in Spanish?
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    Probably not, although it depends on its demand by spanish speakers.
    PS: Si hay mucha gente que lo vaya a comprar, lo pondrán.
  • Hello! What languages will be supported in game?
  • localization will be based on the demand for it. hopefully this quote helps :)

• ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited August 2017
    Shunex said:
    localization will be based on the demand for it. hopefully this quote helps :)

Thx.

But how  i/we can help to build (for example) Russian community? That is really important to "us", who and how will make localization. I don't know about other countries, but many people in Russian community are waiting for this game and hope that many mmorpg players will like This game and group up in it from others games. And first what is needed for that, people with different localizations should be able to play in SAME world. And second... Many games died for Russian community, because of Company's who have bought rights and made localization (like mail.ru, 101xp and others) they just killed every game. That's why developers should make different localizations them selfs. Russian people don\t want to spend money again for some peace of crape. And even if this game will be perfect, localization company will make crape from it. 

yeah, sorry for my English. 
  • No plans to sell it to a localization company for sure. Many of those games like Dark and Light, or Bless were p2win and the companies that bought them to make Russian versions were just looking to cash in and gtfo. Like the quote above says, it is very easy for them to see where people are from from their accounts, if there is a huge south american market, russian, or even chinese, then expect them to spend the extra money to localize for those languages. There are no plans for voice acting, because of the cost, so for those with limited English ability, cut and paste and google translate will probably be the way to go for the foreseeable future.
    The other great thing is that they have said they are open to community mods, so get some passionate people together, make your own localization mod, submit it to the devs, and maybe they will make it official after launch.
  • The game is still in prealpha and has a long way to go, so for this moment in time,  funds are going into developing the game to provide a good quality product. It's for this reason is why voice overs won't be included and may not be included later on - the expense of voice overs is more beneficial being distributed elsewhere.

As the quote Shunex provided mentions - should communities from various languages across the world have a vast enough community and show it - whether it's through community websites or playing in betas and what not then Intrepid will be more than happy to dedicated time and money to translating text, whether it's Spanish, French, Russian, Italian ... whatever - as long as there is a big enough community that shows that the cost of translating is also profitable for the company too :)

• Diura said:
    The game is still in prealpha and has a long way to go, so for this moment in time,  funds are going into developing the game to provide a good quality product. 

Yeah... but i'm afraid that they can sell rights for localization. 
    About voices etc... i think it wouldn't be a problem for all game community, if it will be in English, at least in first years of the game after release. But text... text need to be translated and not in "google" way... "You should eat a rock, to kill a dog leg, if you want to win a sun's shiny ass". I understand, that now developers have others things to do, but we speak about future (anyways before release). 
  • Lelush said:
    Diura said:
    The game is still in prealpha and has a long way to go, so for this moment in time,  funds are going into developing the game to provide a good quality product. 

Yeah... but i'm afraid that they can sell rights for localization. 
    About voices etc... i think it wouldn't be a problem for all game community, if it will be in English, at least in first years of the game after release. But text... text need to be translated and not in "google" way... "You should eat a rock, to kill a dog leg, if you want to win a sun's shiny ass". I understand, that now developers have others things to do, but we speak about future (anyways before release). 
    I can understand your concern and sadly it's not something we can control. I don't see Intrepid being the type of company to sell rights for localisation though. This is their first game to develop and are very proud of its production so far. I imagine if any translation was to be done it would be done by extending the team and not selling any rights to other companies. They want Ashes to be their game and nobody else's ^^
  • hope so
  • I've to say that i'm ok with original english versions of anything. Perhaps I can't write properly, but I can understand the main semantics of the message. I think translation isn't as important as localization. The most of localizators in Russia are ridiculously stupid. They just kills the games doing boring and useless additional content which destroys the game's concept. So I think that the things I really I need as player is the similar ping and opportunity to play with everyone from around the world :smile: 
    Summing up:
    • Translation is good, but unnecessary.
    • Localization is bad because of morons.
    • Connection is extremely important.
  • Hello, I'm Robert, and so I play here in Brazil 15 dolars and almost 60 reais per month and it does not fit in many pockets, and I would like to take many players to the ashes of creadion
  • I am not sure what type of response you are looking for sorry? I can confirm that we are hearing that the game will be an estimated 15$ per month subscription. This has not been confirmed however. 
  • It is basically a complaint about price. "Hi, I'm Robert and I live in Brazil. $15 dollars is almost 60 Reals (currency) and it does not fit many budgets. I would like to recommend your game to many people, but the price is too high."
    Or that is how I translate it. :D
  • I have many friends that we 've been playing MMORPG  since 2005 so I was wondering if AOC will be available in countries like Emirates, Qatar, and Egypt
  • -Will the game be translated into other languages?
    +A)Goal is to do so, depends on development timelines. +B)Yes, they want to bring it to the populations that are interested. +C)Not sure about having dedicated servers for languages (French server), will be Euro server, might unofficially be a server that is played by a lot of French players.

That being said they have confirmed Google platform servers in NA, EU and OCE / SEA at this time that will not be Region locked <3
  • FYI
    -Will the game be translated into other languages?
    +A)Goal is to do so, depends on development timelines. +B)Yes, they want to bring it to the populations that are interested. +C)Not sure about having dedicated servers for languages (French server), will be Euro server, might unofficially be a server that is played by a lot of French players.
  • -Will the game be translated into other languages?
  • Belewyn said:
    -Will the game be translated into other languages?

That being said they have confirmed Google platform servers in NA, EU and OCE / SEA at this time that will not be Region locked <3
    Thanks again Belewyn <3
  • And we Brazilians, will you have Portuguese language in Brazil, or in Portugal?

• And we Brazilians, will you have Portuguese language in Brazil, or in Portugal?
  • Q: What languages will Ashes of Creation be released in? Will there be localization?

• A: English thus far has been confirmed. Localization and translations really depend on the demand for our game in those regional markets. I can say that it is an expensive process, but one that we are wanting to do if the demand is there. The best thing you can do to see this happen, is to help build our community in those markets.

• Q: What languages will Ashes of Creation be released in? Will there be localization?

• Добрый день! хотел поинтересоваться.. планируется ли в Аос перевод игры на русский язык европейских серверов? Или клиент игры будет не русифицирован ?
    И есть ли возможность появления русского сервера?
  • До сих пор английский подтвержден. Локализация и переводы действительно зависят от спроса на нашу игру на этих региональных рынках. Я могу сказать, что это дорогостоящий процесс, но тот, который мы хотим сделать, если спрос есть. Лучшее, что вы можете сделать, чтобы это произошло, - это помочь построить наше сообщество на этих рынках.
  • What about localization by players? This practice has the game Grim Dawn, where users have created fan site and started to translate the game into Russian, but with time the developers have implemented the translation in the game and can be downloaded in the game. This is a simple way to expand the audience and interest of people from other countries. I don't know English very well, but participated in the translation of games Grim Dawn, Revelation online, steamroll and several episodes of The Descedant on my YouTube channel. The Ashes of Creation translated into Russian for me would be a good experience in the russification of games and learning English.

• Let us translate OUR game :D 
  • Jaikant said:
    Let us translate OUR game :D 

How? They don't have money.
  • I'd like to know if the game should be playable from all around the world?
    I m fine with playing it in english, but I m living in japan, and would love to know if I ll have access to all the servers from there?
This discussion has been closed.