Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

[Podcast] From The Ashes Episode 14: Group Dynamics

ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
edited August 2017 in Fan Media

From The Ashes Episode 14: Group Dynamics - The Ashes of Creation podcast produced by The Dungeon Crawler Network! Join Aggelos and Thais, the Founders of The Dungeon Crawler Network, as they bare witness the rebirth of the MMORPG genre from the ashes of an industry that has left gamers behind!

This week, Aggelos is joined by Co-Founder, Thais, to go over the latest blog post over on the official Ashes of Creation website. The blog post goes over Intrepid Studio's concepts of how grouping, looting, and party roles will function within the game and the duo take this opportunity to analysis and speculate on how it will function once the game goes live.

Show Notes:

• Pillars of Creation: Group Dynamics

Podcast Information:

If you wish to support From The Ashes and The Dungeon Crawler Network, consider clicking the donate link on the bottom of our website or by supporting us over at our Patreon Page, Patreon.com/DungeonCrawlerNetwork or by using our Ashes of Creation Referral Link below! You can also support us by subscribing to our YouTube channel, leaving us a review on iTunes and Google Play, or by telling a friend about us!

Original Posting - https://dungeoncrawlernetwork.com/from-the-ashes-episode-14-group-dynamics/

Comments

• Thank you very much for your work as always.

• zhue said:
    Thank you very much for your work as always.

Thank you! Glad you enjoy it!
  • Ooo new video! must watch while cooking dinner thanks guys!
  • Time to download. Woohoo!!!
  • Very cool! Thanks @Aggelos :)
  • Love the podcast!
  • @Shunex @Sintu @lexmax @Fwuppers Thanks guys! We had fun with this one! Grouping is important to us as our podcast guild encourage people to play with us ingame and wanting to have larger groups is nice for our community.
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited August 2017
    Nice job guys. I like the idea that each class brings some sort of utility that helps the group as a whole to make every class in the group viable.

Don't be afraid of durability, DAoC had/has it and it took a long time for items to break completely.  I think each repair took a percentage off durability.  I really liked the system.  It makes crafting useful.
  • T-Elf said:
    Nice job guys. I like the idea that each class brings some sort of utility that helps the group as a whole to make every class in the group viable.

Don't be afraid of durability, DAoC had/has it and it took a long time for items to break completely.  I think each repair took a percentage off durability.  I really liked the system.  It makes crafting useful.
    Thank you for the compliment @T-Elf! Glad you liked the show! I know I feel the same way about durability! When you get items that never break no one needs items anymore. It kills MMORPG economies so fast.
  • I did make notes this time, and mailed them :3 Excellent podcast again! <3
  • :popcorn: time :)
  • Ariatras said:
    I did make notes this time, and mailed them :3 Excellent podcast again! <3
    I got it and we will be discussing it in a mailbag episode soon!

• Great podcast really enjoyed listening to it. Thanks guys.
  • Relwoh said:
    Great podcast really enjoyed listening to it. Thanks guys.
    Thanks @Relwoh!

Note for anyone watching this thread! We are taking listener emails for an upcoming mailbag show! We have several emails lined up from short items that fans wanted to hear Thais and I discuss! If you have a question or concern about Ashes of Creation that you would like us to tackle head on over to the link below and send us an email! It might get read on the show!

https://dungeoncrawlernetwork.com/contact-us/