Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

What is your main language?

Comments

• Gothix said:
    Croatian.

-- Though I speak English fluently.

I don't like specific languages being always placed in front of others, but i get that this is reality, some languages are just spoken more than other ones.

What really gets me though, is when games are released, some nations get advantage over others, for example game is released and devs want to have a staged opening, so too many people logging in at once do not crash the servers.

Then devs use the method of IP blocking, and first allow IPs from specific countries, then IPs from next batch of countries etc.

And it's always the same countries that get prioritized, Germany, France, etc.
    This is borderline discrimination based on nationality and perhaps borderline illegal.

I say borderline because courts likely do not deal with this, but it should in all aspects be illegal if it was up to me.

I hope Ashes will not use such methods, and will opt to treat all players equally.

<3

(if staged access method is needed to prevent server crash, then it should be done in some other way (RANDOM) and not based on nationality and give fixed priority to certain nationalities).
    that sounds like a valid concern, however i don't think i've seen it in practice, is there a particular mmorpg or company that did this?
  • Where is the Troll language option?
  • I speak English and only English :(
    Im always super impressed by the level of English that so many people have learned across the world ❤️
    Thankyou for being awesome and learning a second language so we can communicated ❤️
    Wish our schools taught languages earlier :(
  • Diura said:
    I speak English and only English :(
    Im always super impressed by the level of English that so many people have learned across the world ❤️
    Thankyou for being awesome and learning a second language so we can communicated ❤️
    Wish our schools taught languages earlier :(
    i learnt Indonesian and Japanese at school but what we got taught didn't really help in the real world, although learning some basic Japanese does make watching anime easier :smile:

• Hoewel ik Nederlands ben, is mijn Engels toch een heel stuk sterker.

Even though I'm Dutch. My English is a whole lot better.
  • Turkish is my main and native language.(Türkçe benim ana ve yerli dilim)

Kebab is my second language
    (Kuyu Kebabı adana kebap döner kebap. Şor Kebap Urfa Acılı Kebap)

Baklava is third.(Cevizli baklava, antepfıstıklı baklava. maraş dondurmalı baklava? Ev baklavası)

English is fourth.(The language of England has been mine own fourth)

Mandarin Chinese is fifth.(汉语是我的第五外语)
  • Turkish.
    My kebab brothers will PK you for this Shunex.
  • Bavarian ;)
  • Hedgia said:
    I'm more surprised that theres French people on here. 
    SUPRISEEEEEE!!!!! "confetti"
    @Hedgia

• 1. English
    2. Spanish
    3. Spanglish
    4. Bad English
    5. Bad Spanish
    6. Sometimes I even make up my own language :D
  • Bad English
  • sad trombone
    Swedish ;)
  • Texan English Y'all!
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited August 2017
    Shunex said:
    that sounds like a valid concern, however i don't think i've seen it in practice, is there a particular mmorpg or company that did this?
    @Shunex

Well, I will not name because I can't really prove it, and companies for sure wouldn't publicly admit this.

However when joining MMO launches with my gaming community (all being at discord voice) and spamming login, when server about to open up, it certainly feels that always same members (from particular countries) get in first, while for some of us from more distant countries to server, login starts to work even 15 minutes later, or more.

For games where launch effort isn't so important this is less of an important issue though, but for games where launch rush is important (like ArcheAge race for open world housing) this is more then crucial issue.

I can't really say in what category Ashes belong. I know it has open world housing... but I am unsure if some housing spots can be gained instantly, or for all spots the level up of a node is needed first.

In case of some housing spots being available instantly (specially ones in center of nodes), then this issue of staged access on game launch would be a very important issue.
  • Housing becomes available at node level 3. So not instantly. The plan is for worldwide release at the same time on the headstart servers, though the rumor is they plan to sanction the players from eastern europe and make them log on one month later.
  • Housing becomes available at node level 3.
    If that is the case, then yeah, this is less important issue in Ashes.
  • No Engrish?
  • You should've broken down English into more options, like Bad English, Good English, etc.

I do Bad English mostly, but it depends on who you ask.
  • 日本語 は ない?

tsk tsk
  • English, though now that my work is our company head office for Europe and Russia, rather than just the UK, I imagine I'm going to slowly soak up more languages to some extent (a least enough to understand sentiments like "ASTRONTONOL YOU PRUNE - STOP JUMPING IN THE FIRE").
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited August 2017

日本語 は ない?  = {'No Japanese?}

tsk tsk
    Ah! Nihonjin, desu ka? Zuuto nen mae, Nihon ni sundemashita...
    [Ah! Are you Japanese? I used to live in Japan many years ago...]

('Cept this computer has no kanji/hiragana/katakana system - so only Romaji English here)
  • Ninja Shadow Member ✭✭✭✭
    English
    Though I would say that math was my first language 
    Though of course, some here would say 'maths!' :p
  • Fluent onii in Typonese.

carnt evsn languedge.
    Thx 4 ur tym m8. 
  • I speak gibberish.  It is like the common tongue except instead of everyone understanding it, nobody understands it.  I find it is the only way to prevent people debating my opinion. ;) 
  • I speak gibberish.  It is like the common tongue except instead of everyone understanding it, nobody understands it.  I find it is the only way to prevent people debating my opinion. ;) 

• I didn't see the universal language on the list... Sarcasm!
  • Possum said:
    I speak gibberish.  It is like the common tongue except instead of everyone understanding it, nobody understands it.  I find it is the only way to prevent people debating my opinion. ;) 

Asking for real though, does his sentence have any meaning?

Because I imagine a British person saying these words to me and I would probably not respond to him.  At that time, I would think the words he said mean something, but since I'm not a native English speaker, I'd think my knowledge over English is not enough to understand it. Because those words can mean something in colloquial speaking, that I'm unaware of.
  • Pain au chocolat.
  • He an old gold miner, speaking colorfully and colloquially, and a old meme of westerns.  Though it is stretched a little farther than usual because this was from a comedy Blazing Saddles
  • Swiss-German
    No, it is not the same as German :)