Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Will there be another chance to buy a Game Pack thats for the beta

Hi Everyone

Sorry if this has already been covered but i was wondering if there will be another chance to buy a supporters pack as i saw them for sale on the page but i couldn't buy them. I would really like to support the game and get access to the beta but i have heard that that those where the only packs before launch and i missed them unfortunately.

If anyone has any information or knows the answer i would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks HolyKnight

Comments

• Sorry is that a link to something?
  • There will be sales that include access to Alpha / Beta but no further backer options. So essentially yes =)
  • Sorry is that a link to something?
    no I was trying to link the screenshot to you and my PC went all wonky
  • Belewyn said:
    Sorry is that a link to something?
    no I was trying to link the screenshot to you and my PC went all wonky
    oh ok haha i was like hmmm this doesnt look right

• Hi @HolyKnight, the crowdfunding campaign is over. But Intrepid have a web store where you can show your support for the game on other ways! Right now you can purchase PAX tickets, and in future you will be able to purchase merchandise and early access to the game. Stay tuned :)
  • Belewyn said:
    There will be sales that include access to Alpha / Beta but no further backer options. So essentially yes =)
    Thanks for that!
  • lexmax said:
    Hi @HolyKnight, the crowdfunding campaign is over. But Intrepid have a web store where you can show your support for the game on other ways! Right now you can purchase PAX tickets, and in future you will be able to purchase merchandise and early access to the game. Stay tuned :)
    Thanks mate!
  • i think this might be the pic belewyn was trying to link :smile:

• Shunex said:
    i think this might be the pic belewyn was trying to link :smile:

thanks mate!

• Yes, thank you Shunex. I am not sure why my PC was acting so strange last night.
  • Belewyn said:
    Yes, thank you Shunex. I am not sure why my PC was acting so strange last night.
    Np, computer's can be weird and have a mind of their own sometimes.... 
  • I am sad too. I coundn't afford an founders pack and now its too late. Only people with enough money could buy this and others who need a little time to gather money for the pack they were interested in had no chance. Not cool :/
  • Well, I just found out about the game today.  I just happened to be looking for a new MMORPG to play like I do sometimes, and I found this. I went to the kickstarter and instantly loved what I saw. I was ready to click on the $500 package and well....darn.  I missed it. Sucks for me etc.  You see what you could have gotten, and realize well, that sucks. I can NEVER get any of that. So that just makes me not to even want to play from that point.  I am very happy for anyone who did get to pledge. I just don't see why you need to get rid of the pledge packages when the game isn't even out yet.
  • @Schizo From the very beginning one of the core concepts of this development has been to avoid like the plague any sort of notion of p2win. One of those p2win strategies being employed by other games is the endless pledge cycle. Look to Star Citizen if you need an example of how it works in reality. Ashes had its core funding from the beginning. The crowdfunding options were included to give them some extra resources to add content that they would not have had time to include before launch without that extra oomph. It was decided to make the time period and funding goals realistic. They exceeded the goal by 4-5 times. All of that stretch goal content like Naval Combat and such you will benefit from.
    Another reason the KS was timed was to entice people to purchase backing who truly believed in the game. Because of this exclusive items were offered as inducements. None of them are p2win and are cosmetic. They won't be offerred again.
     "So that makes me not even want to play at that point." Imagine how you would feel if you backed a game when it was just a concept video and were told that by getting in at that moment you would have access to something those that came later wouldn't, and then the company said "Screw you, we goin for more biscuits!" and offered those that took absolutely no risk to get the same shinies at the end of development.
  • Darn, I only recently found out about this game too.  I was hipped for getting one of these packs.  Oh well, I will just wait for another pre-purchase to open up.

This game really reminds me of UO and I would have absolutely gone out of my way to back it if I had heard about it in time.
  • I found out about the game after the kick starter as well. :(  I hope then I can support them through Alpha and Beta keys.
  • I found out about the game after the kick starter as well. :(  I hope then I can support them through Alpha and Beta keys.
    Stick around and you might win a key. Oh, and welcome to the community.
  • Same, just found this game. Looking forward to learning more, but as the others said, looks good enough to pledge cash to, to show my commitment to support. Unknown's comparison to Stat Cit is spot on, thanks for the clear explanation. 
  • I appreciate the info, I have been wondering too. I got one of the small packages during the summer campaign so I've got that going for me but I was hoping to upgrade in time to something else when I had more money. 
  • I only found out about this game 3 days ago,i'm absolutely shattered I didn't find it when these KS packages were for sale coz I was sold just on what I saw on youtube.
    Guess i'll just have to be on the B team..   :disappointed:
  • After PAX you will likely see a sale of things such as Alpha / Beta keys. I have not heard any dates just yet, but I do know that Steve has shared the desire to put those up =)
  • Belewyn said:
    After PAX you will likely see a sale of things such as Alpha / Beta keys. I have not heard any dates just yet, but I do know that Steve has shared the desire to put those up =)
    Awesome.. thanks for the heads up Belewyn.   :smiley:
  • Thank you so much for the info, my husband and I immediately signed up for accounts today after diving into the videos and reading forums. We're both "classically trained" MMORPG players in EQ/EQ2/Vanguard. I'm thrilled to know we still have a chance after missing the Kickstarter.
  • tldr.

yes
  • I´m praying there will be some sort of way to get into the early game again.
    I cannot wait to try this game out.
  • Canikkiny said:
    Thank you so much for the info, my husband and I immediately signed up for accounts today after diving into the videos and reading forums. We're both "classically trained" MMORPG players in EQ/EQ2/Vanguard. I'm thrilled to know we still have a chance after missing the Kickstarter.
    I'm with you on that, next thing they launch for early access, I'm in.  I loved Vanguard!
  • How will we be notified when the next change to get access to the game is available?  Check the website? Email?
  • Best is to keep checking back. They sent out a mass mail after the kickstarter ended and got flagged as spam by many peoples filters, then spent weeks responding to people who had deleted their keys when they went into the spam/promotions folder and couldn't find their codes. So them sending out emails to what is probably now easily over 150k free accounts probably not going to happen.
  • Both Alpha and Beta access is available in the PAX sale on the store now!
This discussion has been closed.