Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Official Live stream Q&A Question Thread – August 23rd, 2017

Comments

• Nolrach said:
    Will each class be "bound" to a certain type of weapons? For instance, will clerics be stuck with using a staff or will they be able to wield other weapons too?
    Hello! This question has already been answered by Intrepid; all classes can use any and all weapons however certain weapons will be more viable for specific builds.
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited August 2017
    Nolrach said:
    Will each class be "bound" to a certain type of weapons? For instance, will clerics be stuck with using a staff or will they be able to wield other weapons too?
    It was mentioned on a stream to a question i asked that weapons and gear will be agnostic so any class could use any weapon or type of armor but obviously some archetypes will find themselves benefit more from using a specific type of weapon or armor better.

i'd link the stream but i cant find it anymore on their channel.
  • Little late to the party here so this may have been previously answered but will it be possible to "practice" sieges? 

• Alluring said:
    Hello! This question has already been answered by Intrepid; all classes can use any and all weapons however certain weapons will be more viable for specific builds.
    Thanks a lot, I'm glad to hear it :p
  • Murum said:
    Nolrach said:
    It was mentioned on a stream to a question i asked that weapons and gear will be agnostic so any class could use any weapon or type of armor but obviously some archetypes will find themselves benefit more from using a specific type of weapon or armor better.

i'd link the stream but i cant find it anymore on their channel.
    Thanks a lot for this clarification. Don't bother looking for the stream I trust you! Now I just hope that there will be good alternatives to staves for clerics :p
  • Will there be language specific servers? like EU-DE, EU-FR, EU-ES etc.
  • What do you think about a weapon viewer, similar to what vermintide offers?
  • How many Nodes will there be? And (regarding that), since the stage of a Node determines it's zone of influence, how many Metropolises can be present at the same time?
  • Tanelorn said:
    How many Nodes will there be? And (regarding that), since the stage of a Node determines it's zone of influence, how many Metropolises can be present at the same time?
    I can answer 1 of these questions! There can only be 5 Metropolises in existence at the same time.
  • Lol, I have been sending private messages with answers so they can come back and edit to maybe have a chance at getting an answer for some things we don't know.
  • Will there be a quality system in place for items? ie. Someone with a higher 'crafting' skill can make a better quality steel sword with better stats than someone with lower skills in the corresponding category making the same steel sword.
  • Hello from Russia :smile: 
    I like to play games using different tactics and high APM because it's way more funny and challenging. I already know about position-oriented skills, but I dont know how many skills i'll be able to cast per minute. So, can I use my keyboard as piano to cast a lot in battles?  :)
    edited August 2017
    Hello Ashes of Creation Team,

I would love to know whats your concept for "Gear Progression" in AoC?

IMO its important that a gear upgrade (e.g. getting a higher level / tier item) should make the player feel more powerful, which makes the effort of aquiring new gear more rewarding!

So my question is: Are rare and epic items really rare and epic or will everybody run around with all-out purple gear in the end? And how much of a power difference is between each tier?

I´m a bit dissappointed how this aspect is handled in an other big MMO in which the player is constantly fed new, slightly better epic gear and therefore the feeling of "wow, now if feel more powerful" is almost completely gone.
  • Hi Guys, will it be possible for the crafters to craft legendary items? Not for massproduction more like an once in a lifetime master piece for which has to be met certain conditions and has to be used incredibly rare (& expensive) materials.
  • Will there be a rich and deep storyline or is this all build a node destroy a node build it back up? what if you dont want to take part in pvp is that an option?
  • Will we see some sort of macro system in AoC? Would love to have a mouse over macro if the combat leans towards that sort of play style when healing. :)
    edited August 2017
    A question recently asked in the Discord was what stance will Intrepid take on activities such as scamming of items / gold in game? Will it be an anything goes approach such as ArcheAge? Or will there be a policy that is GM enforced perhaps?
    edited August 2017
    Hello AoC Team,

my Question is about the design and variety of quests in the game.

Im kind of sick of the quest hubs we have seen in so many other mmos
    that give you a hundred uninspired quests to gather stuff in the near
    surrounding to then move to the next quest hub upon completion.

I miss the quests that reward you for exploration. For example, when you stumble across the small cult in a cave, nobody knew of and once you killed them all that Demon they prayed to might offer you a quest.

Things that make the player feel "this quest happend because of my interaction with the world!"

What is your approach to questdesign?
  • Will Ashes of Creation have a workshop similar to steam where we can create and post of skins for the game such as: costumes,weapon skins,hats, banners etc.?
    edited August 2017

:Д Будут ли свадьбы ?? 

English = Will there be weddings

edited August 2017

Будет ли творческие задания для получения ключа 

English = Will there be creative tasks to get the key?

edited August 2017
    Will the game enable players to switch between 1st and 3rd person view modes? If not, why?

• how will the crafting work??
    for example is there a mini game so that the player can effect the success percentage of the crafted item or will it be base only on skill.

so the real question is how can or will the player effect the crafting process   
    edited August 2017
    What is the reason to flag? If nobody flags back , in what I am 100% sure, people will avoid PK because they will afraid of curruption penalties - equipment drop , exp loss, loot drop, stats degradation, bounty hunters,there is no point to flag back because no one will finish you.
  • How long will a lifetime/forever membership be available to purchase. I really hate month to month and would rather just buy the game and be able to play whenever and most everyone I know is the same way. ;):p
  • Will there be multiple weapon stance in the game
  • How long will a lifetime/forever membership be available to purchase. I really hate month to month and would rather just buy the game and be able to play whenever and most everyone I know is the same way. ;):p
    Life time subscriptions will no longer be sold.
  • @alluring I have sent out multiple private messages to all our excited new friends that have asked questions that have already been answered to avoid cluttering up this thread. As we know, watching Peter or whoever they assign to the task sit there and scroll on his phone looking for questions or throwing softballs at Steven that have already been answered is frustrating.
  • Are we going to have more races when the game further development?
  • Q : are we going to have some daily's and maybe weekly's for Special Gifts / maybe a npc to have those gifts and we get them with "Coin" weekly's/daily's
This discussion has been closed.