Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Official Live stream Q&A Question Thread – August 23rd, 2017

13»

Comments

• Hello IS!

New to the community here and really liking what I'm seeing so far. Not entirely sure if my question is too late but worth a shot!

Q: Will certain features in the game be locked to specific node types in a similar way resources are dependent on the location of the map? For example: Only an economy node can host a Stock Exchange, etc.
  • Hello IS!

New to the community here and really liking what I'm seeing so far. Not entirely sure if my question is too late but worth a shot!

Q: Will certain features in the game be locked to specific node types in a similar way resources are dependent on the location of the map? For example: Only an economy node can host a Stock Exchange, etc.
    Yes, this has been confirmed multiple times. All node types have specific upgrades that can only be constructed at certain levels and are dependent on type of node. For example. Scientific-fast travel in zoi Economic-zoi wide auction house Military-bounty hunter system enabled there....and so on.
  • Regarding the Legendary/Mythical type items that will pop up in game - Will these items level up with the player or will there be another function to improve these as the level cap increases in the future?
    It would be a shame to have these not be used due to them being so rare and hard to acquire.
  • Will guilds have levels, so members can complete tasks to level the guild up?
  • Hello there! I'm not entirely certain if this has been addressed already, and if it has, I apologize for repeating it.  Referencing the penalties for initiatiating PVP with someone who isn't flagged, it says that they're a large deterrent for people not to grief one another.  But it also says that they have to build up to a certain point before it gets there.  What's to stop the griefers if momentum is the only thing that finally punishes them?

Also, on the same topic, when saying that a non-combatant suffers penalties for dying; is that to say when they die via PVE? Or non-combatants in PVP? The latter seems a bit odd if only because at that point, a person not involved is getting punished because of something else someone did.

Sorry for the length of my question and I look forward to the game's release!
  • Will I be able to have a penguin as a pet? :) If not, pleeeease add them!! <3
  • Will there be a way to promote exploration, like the selling of "maps" of regions, dungeons, etc. that players have unlocked or uncovered to other players or guilds?

Perhaps they're not always "accurate" maps based on seasonal and node changes, but a good starting point for adventurers.
  • Will we be able to watch/bet on arena matches? If not, what about being able to challenge people to duels that have stakes attached?
  • Will you please place a giant sandal statue somewhere (hidden) in the world (hidden, such as impossible to uncover unless you have the quest), and create a single VERY HARD quest to uncover it, that requires a group of not less than 3 full parties to be able to survive (including all main classes), taking several playing sessions (or one REALLY long one) to complete?  Possibly requiring a Metropolis staged node of the correct type in order to even obtain the quest.  Then once completed, ONLY members of the node that completed the Sandal quest will be allowed to craft and sell Sandals in game.
  • For those of us who bought the AoC PAX package where/how do we pick up our passes?
  • Hi,

Are the nodes on each server going to be the same or random?
  • No questions. Just wanted t say the Alpha UI looks great. cant wait to see the finished UI
  • I have sent out multiple private messages to all our excited new friends that have asked questions that have already been answered to avoid cluttering up this thread. As we know, watching Peter or whoever they assign to the task sit there and scroll on his phone looking for questions or throwing softballs at Steven that have already been answered is frustrating.
    It was a valiant effort, but it is obvious now that there is nothing we can do to prevent them from picking repeat questions and answering softballs.
This discussion has been closed.