Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Comments

• Thanks so much @lexmax  I was skipping through the stream to see those.

But those leaks dropped like bomb. I don't know how to react to all of them at once. I didn't understand which character this art below represents,

Is this Mage or Cleric?(Since Mages are said to be holding book, Cleric then?) Because in both way, this looks awesome. I like that realistic male Sailor Moonish theme going around with this with all the pink, cherry red and yellow. It's an amazing concept art, and the best one out of the other concept arts. (Sorry Tank and Predator fans)

Caravan as I said previously is amazing. Graphics and details looks awesome, I can see my graphic card exploding.

I'm still not a fan of the mage skills, but this is for PAX, anyway.

I can marry to that Tank's Sword, it looks beautiful.
  • Damn brah.  You so fast.
  • @Dolphin That is the PAX poster of the cleric. Place around the booth will be big tall banners of the 4 classes being demoed.

• on live stream was great but the image quality wasn't that great as it only ran on 720/source is anyone can find a better quality please let us now :dizzy: 

• ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited August 2017
    Corrupted "bird people" (Tul'nar?) and shaman NPCs
    https://clips.twitch.tv/HappySnappyFriseeSoonerLater
  • Dolphin said:
    Thanks so much @lexmax  I was skipping through the stream to see those.

But those leaks dropped like bomb. I don't know how to react to all of them at once. I didn't understand which character this art below represents,

Is this Mage or Cleric?(Since Mages are said to be holding book, Cleric then?) Because in both way, this looks awesome. I like that realistic male Sailor Moonish theme going around with this with all the pink, cherry red and yellow. It's an amazing concept art, and the best one out of the other concept arts. (Sorry Tank and Predator fans)
    That is the Cleric. The other one (on the right) is the archer. Both are PAX concept art so they will likely evolve :)
  • Fire and Ice elemental skins from the Summer Crowdfunding Campaign Leader of Men pledge (or addon).

• Caravan models by Chris Atkins

• Pre-alpha unpolished UI screenshots :)

• Tank Sword (by Michael Bacon) and Shield (by Javier Perez)

• Ranger Bow modeled by Jon Arellano and concepted by Jeff Delierre

• Thank you guys for quickly snagging these images <3 I have added them to the FB page from the MOD team - https://www.facebook.com/groups/AshesOfCreation/.

Loved today's stream....especially the roast of @Sarumonin hahaha!

• Merchandise that will be available at PAX and will soon be available on the Ashes web store.

https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/34775/pax-merch-and-badges/p1
  • lexmax said:
    Corrupted "bird people" (Tul'nar?) and shaman NPCs
    https://clips.twitch.tv/HappySnappyFriseeSoonerLater
    These are not the Tulnar, no. These are just an npc race.
  • Thanks for sharing all these images ^^ Makes a big difference! Better than a speed run through the video haha ^^ So much reveals xD Now the last wee wait for PAX!!!
  • Poisonz said:

on live stream was great but the image quality wasn't that great as it only ran on 720/source is anyone can find a better quality please let us now :dizzy: 

I like characters with more cartoonish/anime-ish look like Asian MMORPGs, I hope we get some kind of option for it. 

For me; anime characters > realistic characters
  • that tank shield and sword looks so sick.

• Sword and shield look amazing. Makes me wanna go play tank instead of an archer just for that.

But I'll try to stay stronK and stick with bow and arrow, I know archers gonna be nice as well.
  • Thanks to @Lemax  and others for all the work you do to  bring these things together for us.
  • I like that the tank is wearing armored shorts instead of pants. Yes, they are shorts. Shorts. No, I don't see that line. They're shorts. I refuse your reality and live in one with armored shorts.
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited August 2017
    lexmax said:
    Ranger Bow modeled by Jon Arellano and concepted by Jeff Delierre

While I can appreciate the artistry in these, I'd love to see some more simple designs at the higher levels. Not all of us want big, flashy stuff, ya know? And by simple, I don't mean basic -- I'm thinking along the lines of simple elegance. 

Dang it. Now I need to go look up some bow designs to show what I'm talkin' about.
  • Ok, here's what I mean:

So, simple bow, right? Nice curves, though, and I love the handgrip. It could be gussied up with different woods, maybe some carved scrollwork or runes on it, the runes could even have light in them.

The woods in this bow, to me, make the bow. I mean, look at the color variations, and the curving interplay between them, and and and ...

Or, we could go with something embellished even slightly more, like this. It's still got good, clean, simple lines, but it's a little fancier. Take it into a wood bow with silver embellishments like this, and I think it'd be amazing!

And lastly, this beauty. Again, I don't think it's always necessary to add lots of fangs and skulls and so on and so forth, to make something "special." I do hope devs will consider this as they design their gear.

• Isende said:
    Ok, here's what I mean:

So, simple bow, right? Nice curves, though, and I love the handgrip. It could be gussied up with different woods, maybe some carved scrollwork or runes on it, the runes could even have light in them.

The woods in this bow, to me, make the bow. I mean, look at the color variations, and the curving interplay between them, and and and ...

Or, we could go with something embellished even slightly more, like this. It's still got good, clean, simple lines, but it's a little fancier. Take it into a wood bow with silver embellishments like this, and I think it'd be amazing!

And lastly, this beauty. Again, I don't think it's always necessary to add lots of fangs and skulls and so on and so forth, to make something "special." I do hope devs will consider this as they design their gear.

I agree with you. The viper bow looks awesome, but also very HEAVY. I get that our heroes are supposed to be strong and have super abilities and all that, but more realistic bows with elegant, subtle embellishments to show master craftsmanship will feel more immersive.
  • Isende said:
    Ok, here's what I mean:

I'm also 100% with you and feel the Ranger bow (and the others outlined) feel garish, cumbersome and completely impractical for someone who is trying to blend into the background. Forgive me but that Ranger bow feels like it belongs more in WoW than a game like AoC that I thought was striving to be a bit more towards realism. I would honestly suggest checking out what ESO has done with their armor and weapons. All very diverse, realistic and even practical for a fantasy game.

These are actually a couple bows I've been working on for some RPG characters I have (I know the top one is high tech but compared with the pulley ridden compound bows I find it much more elegant). The hawk bow is made of bone and I've only roughed in the shading :)
  • Things I learned from this stream.

1.) Tulnar will be epic.
    2.) My dreams of being a pirate are possible.
    3.) I want that hermit crab thing as a pet.

• lexmax said:
    I love these, not becasue they are beautiful, but because they are UNIQUE. I admit in most of the MMOs I've played, fighting the same ol' uninspired creations that look like variations of earth creatures, has gotten cliche and boring. I welcome different.

• PlagueMonk
    I can't help but think of this when I see the bow. Bulky yes but still practical. Agreed?
  • lexmax said:
    I love these, not becasue they are beautiful, but because they are UNIQUE. I admit in most of the MMOs I've played, fighting the same ol' uninspired creations that look like variations of earth creatures, has gotten cliche and boring. I welcome different.
    I hear you! I'm just hoping these things are fairly big and make sinister chattering sounds when they creep around at night :smiley: