Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Hello everyone!

This game seems to have a lot of potential and I'm happy to find it fairly early in development. It really seems to have some of the elements I've missed from one of my all time favorites, Guild Wars 1. The slightly slower pace combat that allows for more strategy, the beautiful atmosphere, the dual professions; I've been wanting a game to bring these things back but in a modern way and Ashes of Creation really gave me instant nostalgia from the first footage I saw of it. Then it adds things like nodes which seem to have a lot of potential, and other elements like housing, sieges, caravans, etc which all look like they will tie in interestingly.

It really feels like the type of experience I'm missing right now in gaming. I play Guild Wars 2 a lot and I enjoy it, but this game feels like something that will draw me in in a completely different way and make me feel like I will be part of a community and not just playing it to complete achievements.

I've already got plenty of ideas for role playing in this game and I'm just waiting on more info/videos to see what feels right for me. The Vek Orcs seem interesting to me description wise but I'm waiting to see how all the races look to make any decisions.

I'm usually the type to wait until a game has been out for a while to decide if I want to play it, and rarely buy into hype for anything... but this game pretty much already has me sold on it as long as they don't change the vision too much during development.

I'll be following the development of this game closely and wish the devs the best of luck making a successful game!

Comments

• Hello and a very warm welcome to the Ashes Community ♡
  • Welcome to our great community!  Many of us have been drawn here for similar reasons. 

Kurr said:
    This game seems to have a lot of potential and I'm happy to find it fairly early in development. It really seems to have some of the elements I've missed from one of my all time favorites,

I'll be following the development of this game closely and wish the devs the best of luck making a successful game!
    Happy you decided to join us on the hype train that is Ashes.  We are all waiting impatiently!  Hope you have fun mingling and getting to know us.  We have fun, share and discuss the info they are so willing to give us,  little by little.  :)
  • Welcome to the community!
    Fun to have you here, I hope you're just as hyped for the game as everyone else around here!  :)

• Welcome to the community :) 
  • @Kurr your words resonate with my own view of this game. Welcome to our community and I look forward to getting to know you more :)
  • Welcome welcome to the community of AoC @Kurr
  • Super glad you are already interested in the game, I hope you enjoy your time here!
  • Welcome @Kurr!
  • Welcome @Kurr! The hype here is hard to pass up! Glad you made it!
  • Hi @Kurr
    Great that you're yet another person who feels the need for the sort of MMO that this game does really seem likely to become! We all joined up with the same sort of hope. 
    Draw up a chair (well, actually, a campbed might be more helpful - could be a longish time!) and let's get through the wait together  - and Welcome!
    Whereabouts in the world are you, out of interest?
  • Thanks for the welcome everyone, much appreciated! @Glosterian I'm from Canada.

And yeah, I think a lot of people have been wanting an MMO of this genre for a while. Let's hope for the best.
  • Have some tea while you wait with us for the time to decide to skip a little.

• Welcome to the community. Hope you have fun on the forums
  • Welcome, mate! I think most people here can identify with your reasoning. I do too (Except for Guild Wars 1 being my all-time favourite) :p
  • @Kurr welcome aboard, enjoy the shenanigans!