Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

What is your favorite AOC monsters so far? what monsters would you like to see?

so far i have ta say that the Fanglers (AKA: flower mimic) are my favorite. I'm hoping that maybe they will release an art of Ashes book after the game goes live. i also hope to see a monster that looks something like this Mycod pic below.

Comments

• I really do love these creepy bird men - and I look forward to seeing more corrupted monsters.
    I'm pretty sure we are going to see some strange creatures. I think they described "corruption" in the last stream as the source of "destroying creation" which was nice - so everything we see is probably not going to look normal xD
  •  I too love the bird men!   The detail in all Intrepid's concepts has been great!
  • Those bird men are really awesome and from the looks of the pic, you get the sense that they may be a bit insane. like maybe their skin is inflamed and stretched tight, do to the corruption reeking havoc on their bodies. dry itchy skin make anyone go mad.
  • These are some of my favorites from the concept art

• My hats off to the fokes at Ashes you all can make some bad arse creatures. Best I can do is make a mean stick figure.... but yeah best watch out my stick figure could snap at any time. get it? stick....snap..... 
  • I love the diversity they put in their monsters. Fifty shades of spider is just too boring. But my particular favourite is the birdmen. Because I love how they used to be beautiful, but over time got corrupted.
  • I'm really a fan of the bird folks as well, but if I would want to see a certain race/monster added, it would most definitely be Centaurs of some kind, whether corrupt and hostile or playable.
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited August 2017
    I'm hoping for piranah/barracuda-style fish in a river when swimming...or some serious sea monsters to overcome that might need cooperative teamwork between a couple or more vessels!

Oh - and definitely (as shown in a much earlier dev-released vid: more DEMONIC BUNNIES! 
  • That all sounds awesome im hoping for lots of diversity and challenge I want something to jump out and hand me my arse.
  • That all sounds awesome im hoping for lots of diversity and challenge I want something to jump out and hand me my arse.
     DEMONIC BUNNIES!  then - without a doubt!
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited August 2017
    That all sounds awesome im hoping for lots of diversity and challenge I want something to jump out and hand me my arse.
    (Or else, you could always PM @Valentines;) I get the feeling she could definitely do that!!!
    See: her Emote Ideas in the Design section!
  • I wonder if any of the creatures will have a flight mechanic like if they take to much damage will they take to the skies and attack from a far. That would be far to cool I'd love a good chase.
  • I'd like a creature that actively hunts people, and you'd get subtle hints it's happening with it's own terrifying howl it uses at night. 

If they just make another mmo with wandering monsters in very specific places it'd be really sad. I think they should definitely try to move away from that!
     DEMONIC BUNNIES!  then - without a doubt!
    People were wanting a challange as they slay their starter monsters.  
  • no starter monsters give me a boss right out the gate! chase em out of the starting area and into the woods!!! then make us build a town.   

• white walkers
  • The little hermit crab guy is my favorite so far. I'm loving the creature design. It has an oddworld feel to it.
  • Give me fanglers or give me death!