Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Hello Fellow Community~

Aloha! Divapup here!

I usually don't seem to interact with forums and communities from MMOs...Which is weird right? You'd think I want to interact and engage myself in discussion about the games I play!

Something about Ashes of Creation changed that though. I come from experiencing different MMOs from when I was a pre-teen playing Runescape, to playing games like World of Warcraft, Final Fantasy Online and Secret World Legends!

While I'm happy with what I've got, no MMO has really 100% satisfied me. There was always something missing, and some games had what others didn't but would also be lacking in something else. I guess this is where Ashes of Creation comes in.

After seeing the kickstarter, reading the goals, reading how they wanted to go about making a game, I was a little nervous. I mean hey, there's a lot of stuff planned for this game! I still followed it, not backing it yet, but watching very closely. I watched, stretch goal after stretch goal, it reached. People had faith in this game. The community is born, and they are coming together to fund this game. So why not? I throw in my donation. Reading about what they plan to offer...I really believe all my needs/wants for a perfect MMO for ME at least...was coming together all in this one project.

Then there was the Developers communication with the community. The Live Streams. I was falling in love with an idea, and not any of them games I play now. It was just...I couldn't believe the Developers were actually showing their work to us, their progress, answering questions. These were a group of people who played MMOs and asked themselves "What can we do better?"

All in all, The developers passion to make this game a reality, the community coming together to support that dream and helping others, the game mechanics, the nodes, the combat, the ever changing world that WE as gamers can be apart of. We're not just following a linear story here. We are creating and being involved in a dynamic world.

I'll admit, I've never seen so much passion from both sides. Developers and the community which is why I think I'm trying out this whole interacting thing and being part of the discussion. It brings a big light to me!

So as a MMO fanatic, roleplayer, and someone looking for a new MMO to take the world at storm, I am happy to meet you all. I hope to meet plenty of you, on the forums, and perhaps running into each other in the game!

Cheers!

Divapup

Comments

• That's quite a nice intro, welcome to the community.

As you said, the game is nice, but the community is what makes me personally keep playing the game and keep me motivated.
    Content can get boring quick, but a good community can help you rediscover and replay the same content in many different ways.
  • Is this the longest post on this forum. Welcome btw
  • Welcome @Divapup!
  • Hello and a very warm welcome to the Ashes Community <3
  • Welcome to the community. I hope you have fun on the forum.
  • Hi @Divapup.
    You explained really well the feelings we all seem to have, and the hopes that draw us ever onwards towards this game's start.
    May your experience of AoC be as impressive as your intro speech!
    (No pressure then, Intrepid Studios!)
  • Divapup. A warm welcome to the community :)
  • Welcome to the party @Divapup
  • Hello @Divapup o/ and welcome to the community smile
  • Welcome to the community :)
  • Sorry for the late reply!

thank you all for replying to the post! You all just made the perfect example of why I seem to want to engage myself in the community. Welcoming, Warm, Friendly, and ready to start a fresh adventure on a new MMO!

You are all awesome, and I hope to run into you guys not only on the forums but in game! :) lets build those nodes up and write a story that even Intrepid Studios get surprised at how we influenced their game :D
  • I'm happy to hear that you are looking forward to it as much as the rest of us, hopefully you have fun on the hype train as well!
  • Welcome to the community!   We all pretty much feel the same way.  Hope you enjoy being here and getting to know us as we wait impatiently for Ashes!
  • Love the intro. Welcome to our lovely little community <3 
  • Welcome @Divapup! This is an amazing community! You nailed it, I think the game inspires us and in turn we inspire them. The best kind of situation, welcome aboard! 
  • Welcome @Divapup! I'll be honest with you, I've never seen developer team like Intrepid Studios. Nor a community that wants to support these guys and gals in what way, shape, or form. 

If I remember correctly the developers said they wanted a community feel to their game and I don't think they meant just inside the game, but outside of it too. :)

Again, welcome!
  • Wow! So many more replies! Thank you all for the welcome! It brightens my day and fills me with more hope for this game!

hehe, I'll make sure to get a first class ticket on the hype train! 

Its so neat to hear the developers wanting to listen and create and experience this adventure with us! A community feel to the game, that's something current MMO's need!

what classes do you think you're most interested in? Races? And what are you mostly excited for/ what do you want to focus on when you jump in the game?
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited August 2017
    Divapup said:
    what classes do you think you're most interested in? Races? And what are you mostly excited for/ what do you want to focus on when you jump in the game?
    (I'll happily answer here but I suspect if we get too involved here a moderator may shift this bit over to another Topic heading?).
    Here's my character's background in role:
    https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/comment/70428#Comment_70428
    So my character here will be a Mage/Ranger - or possibly a Ranger/Mage...I need to see what stats come along with each at gametime before I make a final decision. Probably as a Vek Orc.
    Think I'll be exploring the coastline of AoC and the maritime aspects in this first build...
  • Welcome to ya Divapup, i understand where ya coming from i too never found my way into any of the communities tied to the game that i played but fer some reason i feel like there are people here that want the same things out of a awesome MMORPG that i want. A challenge worth my time and a community to share all the tales that came along with confronting that challenge head on.

• Oh right! Sorry, would hate  for this topic to get moved! This is my lovely intro topic! <3 Hehe!

Nice to hear about you Glos! That's so cool how you already have lore planned out for your character.

Ugh and I agree Nilb! Too many times has it been "This is too much of a cake walk!" and the community to share the adventure with is what makes it~ I can't wait till we're all sharing ideas, adventures and perhaps even paths! Im too excited for this!
  • @Divapup Welcome to the AoC famz,what an awesome intro,I haven't personally made 1 since joining the community,i'm more of a lurkin in the background type of shaaaydaaay guy   :D
  • Welcome to ya Divapup, i understand where ya coming from i too never found my way into any of the communities tied to the game that i played but fer some reason i feel like there are people here that want the same things out of a awesome MMORPG that i want. A challenge worth my time and a community to share all the tales that came along with confronting that challenge head on.

Followed by the biggest picture in the same thread. How many more firsts can we get in this thread. Get your thinking caps on people.

Followed by the biggest picture in the same thread. How many more firsts can we get in this thread. Get your thinking caps on people.
    Maybe another first: This looks like the first dwarf that (kinda) looks like Gandalf?