Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Would you rather have the game as download only or on dvd /cd

Would you rather have the game as download only or on dvd /cd

Comments

• Does anybody still do that?
  • Maybe a collectors edition that comes with some merchandise in one of the founder packs before release.

DVD Boxes won't be sold in my country anyway.
  • I don't need a physical copy of the game, it's just taking up space. I wouldn't care if they made a retail-DVD-package or even limited collectors edition though. I just wouldn't buy it.
  • It's easier to download instead of sitting there feeding DvD 1, then DvD 2, then DvD 1 again, and finally DvD 3 followed by DvD 1 for another time.
  • Now if they did make a special hardcopy edition that came autographed, had additional items such an art book, map or collectibles...then i would obviously buy that.
  • I have always fancied collecting things and keeping memorabilia, so I personally would love to get a hard copy. But seeing as the only cost for the game is through a sub, it would be kinda silly to make hard copies. 
  • What are Discs again :o
    jkjk I do miss having a physical copy of things but those days are gone xD
  • Real question is.. to be accessible through Steam or not?
  • Nocht said:
    Real question is.. to be accessible through Steam or not?
    It is not through steam.  They are independently distributing it.
  • Been so long since I've put a cd/dvd into my computer that I took the drive out. Everything on my computer has gotten there by download or memory stick.

• For exactly the reason why you don't see a copy of the Yellow Pages showing up on your doorstep anymore, unnecessary cost and waste.

• Can you imagine how many discs that would be?!!  LOL you'd have to pay freight on that.
  • For some singleplayer games i can love a physical copy now and then (ONLY if accompanied by a digital code ofc.) but for an mmo cant say i feel any need
  • Belewyn said:
    Now if they did make a special hardcopy edition that came autographed, had additional items such an art book, map or collectibles...then i would obviously buy that.
    Same, I'd only consider box copy if it came with some nice extra items, like big map of the world, some monster figures or something similar.

Otherwise, today, there is no real point of owning DVDs anymore.
  • Can't remember the last time I used a disc.  
  • For an mmo there is really no advantage to have a dvd/cd for the game expecially when there is no "box" price, now for single player/offline games yeah I could see one but ashes is an mmo played online
  • Discs can be broken/lost, digital downloads is the modern way of downloading big game files without needing 5 discs.  I used to buy MMO boxsets typically for some in game item, the other swag figurines, maps, books, audio CD's never were used and collected dust....
  • i use to like to only have disk copies of games, but at technology has advanced i have parted ways with only having disk, I now have only Digital copies on my pc, but disk and digital on consoles