Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Class skills and posters!

ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
edited August 2017 in Dev Journal Reactions

Comments

• Thank you thank you @Diura :)
  • Oh my!  Thanks @Diura :)
  • So much like!
  • Happy Dance!!! Can not wait for PAX <3
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited August 2017
    So exciting! Tank looks pretty rewarding - then again they all do.

I guess there will be a separate way of increasing the tank's defensive stats, or perhaps they're just high enough that it doesn't need temporary buffs.

Also, that Life's Balance skill from the clerics looks awesome.

It's gonna be tough to decide on a class if they're all like this, that's for sure.
  • Mages Detection, eh? Looks awesome.
  • Marked Arrow and Sniper's Eye.... Sweet sweet damage
  • Do not like the ranger skill set, its basicaly crying for 'do not move and spam power shot'.
  • Great post! I'm liking the Mage and Ranger. Mage most I think. Hmm..
  • Uao said:
    Do not like the ranger skill set, its basicaly crying for 'do not move and spam power shot'.

I don't know if this will be the case. Since skillshots are a thing, you're going to have to be moving. If you stay still and spam an ability, you'll die. There is no way that is the most optimal way of battling.

You're going to have to keep moving, aiming and shooting. And managing that is going to get you more damage-per-second than if you were spamming. Because you'd be dead.
  • @Sigalov while doing pve content with a tank in grp, shooting from far range with 200% dmg increase for standing still is pretty sure the way to go in most situations. Unless theres a specific boss mechanic going on for some seconds in which u actualy have to move some steps or it onehits you, the healer will most likely have to heal other minor dmg u recive for not moving so u can keep up the 300% dmg. Also just moving doesnt really increase fun/difficulty if u keep spamming just one button meanwhile because you know, theres no 2. attack skill beside the combo minigame which is more of a distraction instead of an extension. They also said themselves ur dmg will be fine if u ignore the combo.
    U wont spend time aiming in pve either because mobs usualy dont move much in mmo's and maybe that skill is even tab targeting.

pvp isnt much diffrent, u just depend on combo a little more to get the hail of arrows burst dmg to fight healers and use the snare+fleeting shot every now and then.
  • Is there any chance the tank would be renamed "Soldier" or something or thematic?
    edited September 2017
    DueyBear said:
    Is there any chance the tank would be renamed "Soldier" or something or thematic?
    @DueyBear

I can't say that the Tank title will change but what I can say is that player classes will not be called "Tank".

In Ashes of Creation your Class is made up of a primary and secondary archetype.

Archetypes = Role Types (e.g playstyle)

So as an example you can choose
    Primary Archetype - Tank
    Secondary Archetype - Cleric

In turn this allows your Tank roles skills to be flavoured with the augments of Cleric role skills.

The class combination of Tank/Cleric will have a title like "Paladin" but of course at this moment in time we don't have the list of Archetype combination Class titles ^^

In total there will 64 Class titles.

At PAX West secondary archetypes were not available and thus the primary archetype names were used as titles :)
  • Diura said:
    DueyBear said:
    Is there any chance the tank would be renamed "Soldier" or something or thematic?
    @DueyBear

I can't say that the Tank title will change but what I can say is that player classes will not be called "Tank".

In Ashes of Creation your Class is made up of a primary and secondary archetype.

Primary Archetype - Tank

In turn this allows your Tank roles skills to be flavoured with the augments of Cleric role skills.

The class combination of Tank/Cleric will have a title like "Paladin" but of course at this moment in time we don't have the list of Archetype combination Class titles ^^

At PAX West secondary archetypes were not available and thus the primary archetype names were used as titles :)

That's a relief, knowing that it's archtypes and not actual class names, does not really bother me.  I'll only be known as a tank in the early experience and then for hundreds of hours after I would have a decent name.
  • I love always the way that designers  in general draw the skills icon. Cleric's skills look dope.

But I cannot say the samething for Mage. I couldn't like anything about Mage in general 'till far eventhough Mage probably the main I'd choose. But I'd be happy if they keep teleporting skill ignoring obstacle and add flying. Levitation is a must. 
  • Can one choose the same Archetype twice?

Like Mage + Mage? ( == Archmage? )
  • Shonn said:
    Can one choose the same Archetype twice?

Like Mage + Mage? ( == Archmage? )
    Yes. Confirmed.
  • Please, develop talent trees/skill points to further develop/modify the basic skills of each class. So each class can have specialities. (i.e. One ranger is is better at long shots, another ranger is better with AOE damage, while another is better at short range). 
  • Kinatar said:
    Please, develop talent trees/skill points to further develop/modify the basic skills of each class. So each class can have specialities. (i.e. One ranger is is better at long shots, another ranger is better with AOE damage, while another is better at short range). 
    @Kinatar
    Your  primary archetype will have a skill tree with about 30 skills (How many you can put on your bar is still being discussed) . Ontop of that there is an augmentation system that allows you to flavour your primary skills ^^

Primary Archetype - Tank

Augments means you will be adding additional effects to your existing skills based off that secondary archetype :)

At PAX West secondary archetypes were not available so skill were without additional effects.
    edited October 2017
    That sounds good, can't wait to see sthe kill trees.
  • Cleric is cinda dark imo, hope they make it a bit more holy in IMO.
  • icons seems really nice tho
  • This looks awesome