Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

PAX Store now open! Alpha / Beta access and Cosmetics!

ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
edited September 2017 in Announcements & Headlines

The Ashes of Creation store is now open for the PAX West sale! 
Head on over to https://www.ashesofcreation.com/shop/  to get some exclusive PAX cosmetics and grab access to the persistent alpha 2 or the beta 2 testing periods! 

Ashes of Creation themed merchandise will be added along with these access packs during PAX west!

PAX Exclusive Alpha Package Contains - $225 (also contains Beta 1 and Beta 2 access)

PAX Exclusive Beta Package Contains - $100

PAX Exclusive Digital Cosmetics Contains - $40

Concept art for the items in these packs can be found over at https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/34998/some-concept-art-from-the-pax-packages#latest

And images for the merchandise can be found over at https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/34775/pax-merch-and-badges

Comments

• ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited August 2017
    Yay!!!! ::Happy Dance:: Grab your Alpha / Beta Keys now before they are gone!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Exciting! \o/ PAX hype !
  • I love the hawk and ship! :dizzy: My poor wallet...
    edited August 2017
    Are you seriously selling Alpha and Beta access? This has to be one of the tackiest things I've ever seen a gaming company do. Big mistake.

I'm not trying to be disrespectful or mean. But this is the exact type of cash grab that you promised not to do.
    edited August 2017
    Stabby said:
    Are you seriously selling Alpha and Beta access? This has to be one of the tackiest things I've ever seen a gaming company do. Big mistake.
    O RLY?!
    Do you know about something called 'Steam'? I heard that a lot of 'Beta' and 'Alpha' games are available for purchase. I might be wrong :v 
    Edit: 60$ dollars for Beta 2... Hum okay... 185$ for Alpha 2 dafuq xD I already have my access but damn. Intrepid needs to have some pity for our wallets
    edited August 2017
    Offering the game for sale and including beta access has become the industry standard. I hate that it has come to that. Alpha and beta testing is designed for devs to polish details on mechanics, art and gameplay feedback. This is a tool used to avoid a horrible launch and the potential loss of thousands of customers. Technically players should be paid as QA emplyees, not paying for it.

I am in complete disagreement with monetizing alpha and beta access. Age of Conan charged $5 for beta access. To this day I have never played Age of Conan. I've spent thousands of dollars on other games that had a little more class and foresight.

I'm a long time gamer, specifically MMO's. I've been playing them since Diablo 2 and EverQuest1. I have played every major game ever released. If you would like me to test and give detailed feedback in alpha or beta I would be happy to do so. But I'll be damned if I'm going to pay to do it. I've alpha and beta tested many games and to this day have not paid 1 penny to do it.
    edited August 2017
    @Stabby I agree with you but alas that's the world we live in now. If people are willing (and wanting to pay) for access then so be it. Aslong as I see Intrepid Studios progressing forward and improving over the next two years with player investments I'm happy. If not well.........game over before it's begun.
  • If I had the cash I would buy all the stuffs. 
  • I have lost count of how many times people have asked to be able to purchase alpha and beta access because they missed out on the crowdfunding. Thanks Intrepid for responding so quickly!
  • @lexmax we need you to make new coffee stain graphics. People are already starting to whinge since they don't read closely. We have confirmed date of December 15th, 2017 for Alpha 0  now. Followed by Alpha 1, then Alpha 2, then Beta 1, then Beta 2. The PAX key offers are for Alpha 2 and Beta 2. If you win an Alpha 0 key, you do not get access to the other alpha and betas. And yes, if you have access to Alpha 1, then you have access to all the rest. If you have access to Alpha 2, you also have access to the betas. It does not work in reverse. Beta 1 access does not give you access to Alpha 2.
  • Is it possible to "just" purchase one of the cosmetics, such as the ship or the Seahawk?
    I'm really only interested in the Ship - especially since the Summer Crowd Funding didn't get close to unlocking the Intrepid Ship skin.

As for the Alpha and Beta access keys... Is there a forum post or something about how the Alpha and Beta access stuff will be done?  I feel like it's changed multiple times.  And how do the PAX keys fit in to everything?

Here's my interpretation so far: (Please correct me if this is not correct!)
    Phase 1: Friends and Family Alpha
    Phase 2A: Invite-Only Alpha (Weekly Forum Key winners)
    Phase 2B: Invite-Only Beta (Weekly Forum Key winners)
    Phase 3A: Kickstarter Closed-Alpha (Phase 1)
    Phase 3B: Kickstarter Closed-Alpha (Phase 2 - Persistent Alpha)
    Phase 3C: Kickstarter Closed-Beta (Phase 1)
    Phase 3D: Kickstarter Closed-Beta (Phase 2)
    Phase 4: Open Beta and Pre-Launch
    Phase 5: Launch
  • @lexmax we need you to make new coffee stain graphics. People are already starting to whinge since they don't read closely. We have confirmed date of December 15th, 2017 for Alpha 0  now. Followed by Alpha 1, then Alpha 2, then Beta 1, then Beta 2. The PAX key offers are for Alpha 2 and Beta 2. If you win an Alpha 0 key, you do not get access to the other alpha and betas. And yes, if you have access to Alpha 1, then you have access to all the rest. If you have access to Alpha 2, you also have access to the betas. It does not work in reverse. Beta 1 access does not give you access to Alpha 2.
    True! I've switched to using @Belewyn's infographic for now, but will add additional detail when I can shake off this hefty yolk called work ;)

https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/35114/information-ashes-of-creation-release-dates/p1
  • There goes me drinking coins ah well this is far more worth it.
  • $40 for the Pax cosmetics only, up on the store right now.
    The only thing I see on the timeline that I can't find confirmation of (just means I can't find the quote) is Phase 4 open beta and pre-launch. Headstart is different.
  • And yes, if you have access to Alpha 1, then you have access to all the rest. If you have access to Alpha 2, you also have access to the betas. It does not work in reverse. Beta 1 access does not give you access to Alpha 2.
    Is this confirmed information? Do you maybe have a link?

Let's say if I get the "smaller" pack for 100$ consisting (considering the description in the shop) of 4 ingame items and a beta 2 key, is this really everything I get? No ingame time or something else as they for example had during the kickstarter campaign? Because 60$ just for playing beta is quite expensive imho.
  • Yep, that is all you get. If you want confirmation, the only set date we have is Alpha 0 on December 15, 2017 confirmed from the big man himself in the PAX tutorial video released today at timestamp 9:30. You might want to wait on further sales of alpha and beta access without cosmetics if you are finding that price too expensive. Each cosmetic looks to have a value of $10 dollars, since you can get all 4 cosmetic only for $40. Maybe it will be cheaper when it is on its own, but I doubt it.
    edited August 2017
    You might want to wait on further sales of alpha and beta access without cosmetics if you are finding that price too expensive. Each cosmetic looks to have a value of $10 dollars, since you can get all 4 cosmetic only for $40. Maybe it will be cheaper when it is on its own, but I doubt it.
    Are PAX cosmetics the last cosmetics we can get exclusive? Are they just going to sell normal keys without cosmetics from now on? Do you know or are you just guessing?
    edited August 2017

edited August 2017
    I am not a developer, just an informed consumer like you that spends way too much time going over the information that has been put out for the game so far. So will they offer just keys in the future? Maybe? Will they go to Gamescon next year and have special cosmetics for that? Maybe? The only dev quotes we have so far about the issue are these.

• Request from a mod with a wonky pc atm:

edited August 2017
    Request from a mod with a wonky pc atm:

thank you <3 I think my PC hates me.

GUYS THESE ARE THE OFFICIAL STATEMENT on ALPHA / BETA. Lets be clear <3

• Lol, your job is about to get much harder. I bet we see a huge influx of new people over the course of PAX. The threads of "Will there be separate PVE and PVP servers?" are going to explode.
  • I am not a developer, just an informed consumer like you that spends way too much time going over the information that has been put out for the game so far. So will they offer just keys in the future? Maybe? Will they go to Gamescon next year and have special cosmetics for that? Maybe? The only dev quotes we have so far about the issue are these.

Thank you very much for your help. :) One last question: This is the first alpha/beta key "buy-possibility" since KS, right?

• Thank you very much for your help. :) One last question: This is the first alpha/beta key "buy-possibility" since KS, right?
    Yes
  • Cosmetics here I come!
  • Спасибо, круто
  • Anyone know the contact for pax passes ? Been here for a while but no one has been helpful 
  • ill send you a PM :) 
  • So gonna play support class, first Cleric but hope to play Bard later on :)
  • Very nice!!
This discussion has been closed.