Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Will We Be Able to Control Who Lives on Nodes

• For example, lets say a guild occupies a new node. Will they be able to choose who else can live\build on that node?
  • Will there be node status? (Leader, trader, blacksmith, etc...) Something saying, I do (this), for (this) node.
  • Will people living on the same node, be in some form of an aliance?
  • If you choose to live on a node, will you have to buy land to build on? An if you do, is the price of land controlled by the player, or is it a fixed price?

Comments

• Options
    I think no on all of this. I think you can live where you want and do whatever job you want. I think alliances will try to start their own exclusive towns but they'll get destroyed. It will be interesting to see what happens. There will be so many people  playing the game that exclusive towns will be hard to keep exclusive. 
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited September 2017
    All of these have been answered in one form or another.
    • For example, lets say a guild occupies a new node. Will they be able to choose who else can live\build on that node?No, nodes are not controlled by guilds, castles mechanics are. Anyone may move in, claim land (thus citizenship) and utilize the different city functions.
    • Will there be node status? (Leader, trader, blacksmith, etc...) Something saying, I do (this), for (this) node.Some node titles are planned. Mayor/King/derivative for the current leader of a node confirmed.
    • Will people living on the same node, be in some form of an aliance?Yes, there are currently 4 different states that do not allow people to attack each other. Friends list, group/raid member, guild, and alliance members are all unattackable. By gaining citizenship to a node, you become part of that nodes alliance. So if your plan was to gank random gatherers just outside the city walls  of the node you live in, going to be disappointed unless they are from a competing node gathering on your patch.
    • If you choose to live on a node, will you have to buy land to build on? An if you do, is the price of land controlled by the player, or is it a fixed price?There are a couple different mechanics to gain citizenship on a node. While purchasing housing is one, there are others. The price of land, apartments, in city housing is controlled by the server. The tax rate on the node is controlled by the node mayor/king/derivative. The mayor gains no benefit from tax raping the populace, the funds generated can only be spent on node improvements. Once again, they CANNOT raid the treasury. Put your tax rate too high and depending on node type you will see players depose you through various mechanics.