Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Announcing the composer for Ashes - Bear McCreary

ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
edited September 2017 in Announcements & Headlines
With an extensive history of composing sound track in films, Intrepid has hired Bear McCreary to compose the soundtrack for Ashes of Creation! Here is his YouTube channel for samples of his work:
Here is a link to his professional website:
A link to his Twitter:
A link to his Facebook:

Bear McCreary is the composer of "The Walking Dead," "Defiance," "Da Vinci's Demons," "Battlestar Galactica," "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles" and lots of other cool stuff! Very exciting to have such a talented artist working on this project.

httpsyt3ggphtcom-j8WoU_fDwV4AAAAAAAAAAIAAAAAAAAAAAxtFSixwHdDgs288-c-k-no-mo-rj-c0xffffffphotojpg

Comments

• The music is being done by Bear Mccreary. http://www.bearmccreary.com/
    His bio is on the site and it's pretty impressive. You'll like it.
  • Never heard a McCreary soundtrack that I didn't like.
    Though Black Sails and Battlestar Galactica are my favorites by far. 

• Awesome! Those series have great soundtracks so I guess we can expect to get really nice stuff for AoC too :relaxed:
  • Amazing haul, looking forward to see what he can come up with to breath as much life into Verra as possible.

^^ The man is a legend and from the look of his videos a nice guy too. Awesome pick!
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited September 2017
    That's awesome. He's really good, I am looking forward to this.. yes..

and his name is BEAR, can't get much cooler than that.
  • Hi,

I'm very excited for Bear McCreary to be composing for AOC!  I've enjoyed your music for a while now.  :)

Bear, if you ever read this, hope to say hi sometime! Check out the AOC official discord.  It's pretty chill.  

https://discord.gg/AshesOfCreation

-tugowar

• Lovely music! I'm looking forward to seeing what he creates of AoC
  • Can't wait to see what he creates for Ashes ^^ Really lucky to have him creating our music :3 I look forward to running around Verra with the music of  Bear McCreary inspiring my journey :3
  • He looks familiar..... then i found where i saw him, its from black sails :) 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBmzzrU3gR8

• Excellent... I love his work 
  • Fantastic news, He's a great composer and done some fantastic work!!!
  • Great composer!  I'm sure he and his music will only help enhance Ashes even more!
  • tugowar said:
    Hi,

I'm very excited for Bear McCreary to be composing for AOC!  I've enjoyed your music for a while now.  :)

Bear, if you ever read this, hope to say hi sometime! 

You can follow him on Twitter. He tweeted about being the composer so he might tweet more stuff or even say hi to you.
  • He is the reason I heard about this. (I mightve heard about it a while back)

Bear rocks. :smiley:
  • I know Steven has a charming personality, but to pull that off...amazing. Music is such an important feature, not only in movies, but also in games. It sets the mood and even at times the pace. So looking forward to see what will be created for AOC. Congratulation on lending such a marvelous and talented composer.
  • sunfrog said:
    tugowar said:
    Hi,

Bear, if you ever read this, hope to say hi sometime! 

You can follow him on Twitter. He tweeted about being the composer so he might tweet more stuff or even say hi to you.

That looks like a professionally managed account to me.  :) 
  • He does the music for the show Outlander on starz. I love it the songs. So I cant wait to hear what he does for ashes
    edited September 2017
    Music is such a vital part of any epic MMO, I still get chills sometimes when I hear a YouTube Everest Everest music I don't even have to be in the room but it takes you back to the places you remember and brings back those vial memories that we all have about are favorite MMO. I am so happy to have such a great composer added to this game make me even that much more excited to see it and hear it!

http://aocwiki.net/Main_Page -Comprehensive guide to Ashes of Creation.

http://imperiumaoc.com/ -Ashes of Creation Guild.
  • Always good to see this caliber of artist joining the team! Music can be just as memorable as a majestic vista and can spark memories long after. I hear sound bytes from EQ all the time, and just recently heard a few midi songs from vanilla and I was rushed with memories long forgotten. I am glad to see that the music should be in good hands!
  • Good soundtracks are good.  Hopefully he will be able to be on the team for the long run.
  • I was watching the Pax Panel by myself and when they mentioned this I was like "no f*cking way!!" out loud. Dog looked at me funny. But I LOVED the soundtrack for Battlestar Galactica. The more I hear about this game the more I mutter "no f*cking way"...in a good way. So excited!
  • Outstanding!
  • Music is very important to me, seeing that Bear is the person that is going to be doing the sound for ashes make me a bit excited... whether or not I enjoyed the things he made music for I have so far enjoyed the music he has composed :)
  • Finally we know who'll make the music! I'm hoping they continue with the piano being the lead in the music. :smiley:
    edited September 2017
    I was always a flute and tribal drums man myself.
    Nothing else gives me the same vibes, chills and shudders.
    I do like a lot of his work though.
    Talented guy.
  • Im just excited for the bagpipes.

I love his work!  BSG and Defiance were a couple of my favorites.  I'm very excited that he's going to score Ashes.
  • This is a fantastic choice.  He has done so much great work.  People have mentioned Black Sails and Battlestar Galactica,  He also did a fantastic job in DaVinci's Demons.  Agents of Shield has some great pieces too.  Outlander is also fantastic.  I like so much of his work that it is hard for me to choose a favorite.  I think the DaVinci's demons stuff may be the closest to what we might expect to hear in AoC.