Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Pre-node Development & Node Names

Hi Eveyone,

I just watched the second part to the node series on YouTube, and it stirred up some curiosity in me on a few things.

The first question has to do with Pre-Node game play. I noticed in part one of the node series that there was mining and resource gathering involved. Which leads me to wonder what one would be doing with the collected resources. Would they be used to develop the node, used for crafting, or do I store them for trade later on? If it happens to crafting or storage does that me crafting stations and homes would be available before a stage 3 node is developed?

The other question is how will a node be named? Are they randomly generated, or does a dominant guild, one that contributed most to the node, get to pick the name?

Comments

• Options
    Additional questions (forgive me I am new if this is common knowledge),

1) Can you be a citizen of multiple nodes?

2) If so, what would prevent an alliance of large guilds from simply cornering the market on 5 metropolises adjacent to each other utilizing sheer numbers and cooperation in order to buy houses in all 5 nodes at village stage and cash in later. This would be what I would do if I could get a few large guilds to cooperate and do this. Everyone (of us) gets rich and powerful while the rest of the world can remain peons.
  • Options
    you're question is

"1) Can you be a citizen of multiple nodes?

2) If so, what would prevent an alliance of large guilds from simply cornering the market on 5 metropolises adjacent to each other utilizing sheer numbers and cooperation in order to buy houses in all 5 nodes at village stage and cash in later. This would be what I would do if I could get a few large guilds to cooperate and do this. Everyone (of us) gets rich and powerful while the rest of the world can remain peons."

First of all you can not be a citizen in multiple nodes only on, but you can change you're citizenship though.
  • Options
    You can own one of the 3 different types of homes in different nodes and you can switch between citizenship with a long cooldown which is like 2 weeks.

First level is the expedition which will appear fast with a decent amount of people in the zone of influence there are already NPCs, I would guess that quests and crafting will be implemented there and will help to develop, most likely you can already store stuff at an NPC.
  • Options
    I hope it's a "one guild - one node" system.
  • Options
    So the resources you collect around the node i image you choose what you want to do with it - just like the example quest previewed in one of the streams where they collected meat from mobs - and they could choose to turn in or keep the materials ^^

You'll probably be restricted with your bag size with what you can hold up to stage 3  but perhaps stage 2 unlocks some form of storage. 

If you really want the resources in that area however I imagine you'll want to advance that node as much as you can anyway ^^

They have said that nodes might be prenamed or there will be a list of names the player made government can choose from.

you can only be a citizen to one node :)
  • Options
    @edgedivideany kind of player development will lead to levelling the node, gathering, questing, etc, so nodes will develop to stage 3 (village stage) pretty quickly, within about 2 days.

Once you become a citizen you get to decide who you want to be mayor. Or you might want to run for office yourself, then you get to choose the name of the node, taxes and other things :smiley:
  • Options
    • Stage 1: Expedition (Few hours)

• Stage 2: Encampment (Many hours)

• Stage 3: Village (Few days)

• Stage 4: Town (Many days)

• Stage 5: City (Few weeks)

• Stage 6: Metropolis (Many weeks)