New Adventure Awaits

New Adventure Awaits

August 21, 2020
New Adventure Awaits

Updated 2/27/2024

I would like to reiterate that the decision to conclude our partnership was a mutual one and was made in good spirits. Both Intrepid and MY.GAMES had their own reasons for this, and it was a difficult decision for both sides to make. It was jointly decided that the publishing rights for Ashes of Creation would be returned to Intrepid and that our teams would continue to work very closely together to ensure the smoothest possible transition for all CIS and EU players.

The MY.GAMES team have been great supporters of Intrepid Studios and of Ashes of Creation since we first announced our partnership in 2018. We are very thankful for the cooperation we shared and value our continued friendship with their team and company.

I am very proud of the positive and inviting atmosphere that our community has developed. Too often we as gamers are quick to judge, ridicule and criticize. Let us, as a community, espouse and foster an environment that sets to elevate our discourse. I look fondly on the time we spent working together with the MY.GAMES team, and wish them all the best going forward.

When we first launched our partnership with MY.GAMES (previously My.Com and Mail.Ru) in 2018, our aim was to provide the best customer and operational support for our European and Russian players. The logistics and operational components surrounding EU/CIS publishing is complex and a significant responsibility. At the time, it made the most sense to partner with an established publisher for these regions. As we have grown as a company and have expanded our capabilities it made sense to reevaluate our strategies and ultimately expand the responsibilities of Intrepid Studios to become a global publisher, leading that initiative with bringing excellent service for our playerbase and community management that focuses on respecting our fans.

We have learned a lot from our partnership with MY.GAMES, and we wish our friends there all the best as we have mutually decided to part ways. Looking ahead, we’re excited to announce that Intrepid Studios will be opening European offices in Amsterdam to help support our publishing operations in the EU/CIS regions. We have recently posted open positions for our new EU offices, and look forward to hiring the best and brightest in true Intrepid fashion.

We know many MY.GAMES players will have questions regarding the future of their Ashes of Creation accounts, and we have answered these below in our FAQ. If you have any further questions, please feel free to message our Support team, and they will get back to you in a timely manner. The planned transition process is already underway, and both MY.GAMES and Intrepid Studios are committed to ensuring the process is as seamless as possible. More information will be provided in the coming weeks on the migration process.

Thank you so much for your continued support. Our success is owed in no small part to the glorious community of players who have shared their love for Ashes. We know new adventures await us, and we hope you’ll continue to lend your voice in helping us create Ashes of Creation.

Sincerely,

Steven Sharif

Founder/Creative Director

Intrepid Studios, Inc.

FAQ

Q: What does this mean for my Ashes of Creation account with MY.GAMES moving forward?

A: We are working with MY.GAMES (previously My.Com and Mail.Ru) to transfer purchases made in the MY.GAMES platform to the Intrepid Account system, so that you will be able to use those purchases in Ashes of Creation.

Please create a support ticket using the “I need assistance with my account” and “MY.GAMES Migration” option and our support team will assist you with this transfer process.

Q: What happens if I don’t have an Intrepid Account?

A: You will need to have an Intrepid Account for the transfer to take place. If you have not already done so, please create an Intrepid Account with the same email address that is associated with your MY.GAMES account.

Q: What happens to my purchases on my MY.GAMES account moving forward?

A: Once accounts are migrated to the Intrepid Account platform, any Ashes of Creation purchases would be available on your Intrepid Account.

Q: What will I need to do to play on European or Russian servers in the future?

A: You will need to use your Intrepid Account to access the game.

Q: What does this mean for your regional and language support moving forward?

A: Intrepid Studios will be working to ensure proper localization in our supported languages as we build out our publishing operations in the EU.

Q: If I don't want to transfer or migrate my MY.GAMES account, can I get a refund?

A: Any players who previously purchased their pre-order through MY.GAMES can submit a support request through MY.GAMES for a full refund.

Q: What happens to my personal information associated with my MY.GAMES account?

A: Your MY.GAMES account and all associated data will remain safely within the MY.GAMES account system. In order to facilitate the migration of your purchases, MY.GAMES will provide Intrepid Studios with the following data, ONLY if you have made a purchase related to Ashes of Creation or Ashes of Creation: Apocalypse through the MY.GAMES systems:

• Your unique account ID
  • Your territory (EU or RU)
  • The list of your purchases related to Ashes of Creation
  • Type of founder pack or Ember amount
  • Amount and Currency
  • Time of purchase

If you would like to delete your personal data associated with your MY.GAMES account in accordance with GDPR, please reach out to the MY.GAMES support team directly. Please be aware that MY.GAMES will not be able to facilitate a transfer of your purchases to Intrepid Studios if the necessary data has been deleted.

Share your feedback and
suggestions with us!

Latest Videos

Subscribe to Our Newsletter

Get the latest Verran news, deals, and giveaways
delivered straight to your inbox!