wanderingmist

About

Username
wanderingmist
Joined
Visits
657
Last Active
Roles
Member, Founder
Badges
13

Comments

  • @tiltowait Why do you not like animation cancelling?
  • grisu wrote: » We do realize that we have the option of free aim combat right? So if you choose to go this sniper route, maybe you are forced to use free aim for your skills and weapon attack. Hitting a >relatively speaking< slow projectile …
  • damokles wrote: » azathoth wrote: » To me that seems cheap. The ranger would be able to stay far enough away that their target could not reach them. The attack mentioned in the OP would be a 'heavy hitter' too, so by time you are hit and take …
  • I'm fine with having a class with insanely high range and burst potential as long as 2 conditions are met: 1. There needs to be a trade-off, in terms of mobility and defense. 2. There needs to be gameplay counters in place. Simply put, a hig…
  • grisu wrote: » Watch out for the Creative Director letter as @jahlon mentioned (altho it wasn't specifically said it will drop this month) and/or the next stream at the end of the month I would say. That's probably your best bet for a good unders…
  • From what I understand, the average development time for a large scale mmorpg is 5-6 years. Intrepid Studios was only founded in December 2015, and when they first started making the game they had only 8 people. WoW originally took 5 years to fully …
  • Question: What problem is this supposed to solve? Most of your ideas lately have been just to put things in, for the sake of putting them in. "Oh this game had this feature therefore Ashes should have it too!"
  • consultant wrote: » Well this is not so much of and idea more of a problem. If you were to look at demographics in game you would see that some people just do not group. And just do the single online experience. Players can get o max level …
  • So, I've had some time to think about this and get my concerns in order. Whenever you put an option like this into the game there needs to be a gameplay reason. Aesthetics differences are great and all but if equipping a different weapon set doesn't…
  • I'm not going to lie, it would be pretty cool to be able to have shields like this https://deskgram.net/explore/tags/adamantinearmor To block a very deadly attack. But.... Does that warrant having the option to dual weild shields all the tim…
  • Innovation definitely ISN'T dead, but the innovations need to make sense. Taking random elements from different genres and putting them in Ashes isn't going to work. Making a game "realistic" just for the sake of it doesn't benefit anyone. If I w…
  • @karthos Prove me wrong then.
  • LoBane wrote: » I just don’t want the devs to put a limit on the core structure of the game. Even if the devs don’t use some of the realistic aspects at the maximum but having it at the minimum would make a huge difference. Plus all the realisti…
  • @damokles thinking about it more I feel like most of the mechanics in Runescape were designed purely to stop botting, rather than making the gameplay more interesting. Spawning mobs while farming resources can be fun but only if done properly.
  • @arzosah Perhaps, but then again if players knew that anyone who abused the bug would 100% get punished, they would be less likely to try. Part of the problem Blizzard has is how inconsistent they are when it comes to punishing abuse. Sometimes they…
  • @grisu It's entirely possible that the money Blizzard got from WoW was (and still is) used to fund their other less lucrative projects. And it's not just the game itself but their e-sports ventures as well. The prize money for this year's WoW MDI an…
  • There is a fine line to be had when it comes to "realism" in games. Yes it is realistic for your character to get hungry and thirsty and tired, etc and adding in those elements could increase the immersion. However, add too much and you spend all yo…
  • @karthos and @damokles this argument is pointless from both sides, since neither of you have access to the in depth finances of Blizzard. You don't know how much they spend to produce new content for their games or keep their servers running, nor do…
  • Phasing is only required when you have a huge amount of players in a single area all gunning for the exact same mobs/resources. This shouldn't be a problem in Ashes because the players will be spread out across 103 different nodes, all of which can …
  • In runescape when mining you occasionally spawned a rock golem that players could either run from or fight. It was an odd mechanic however the golem took so long to kill (it was always much higher level than you) that most people just ran away. It w…
  • consultant wrote: » Another Idea I was thinking featuring dungeouns for a time period. week two weeks months. For example this dungeound has increased drop rated or more loot or slightly harder or they just have one dungeoun featured all the …
  • damokles wrote: » I really like their idea. It makes low level ingredients worth farming, leading to a stronger economy. I have to agree with @LoBane that they should spawn low level ingredients in higher zones, that way high level players wont p…
  • danjohnson3141 wrote: » Does anyone else feel a bit of anxiety when joining a group? I sometimes feel like I'm locked in to playing for a while once I get in a group. I was probably going to play for a while anyway but now I'm obligated. I gues…
  • @damokles Yeah I realised my analogy was slightly weak, so I changed it in my reply above yours. Adding to that slightly, I doubt an Army Captain needs to know how many bullets each of his soldiers has shot, how many they hit and how many they misse…
  • noaani wrote: » wanderingmist wrote: » The same way a store manager knows that every part of their store is running smoothly, by having competent support staff who help monitor what is going on. You will be hard pressed to find a raid leader w…
  • I find it ironic that you say that grouping should be more fun and then at the same time say that low level dungeons shouldn't be just speed runs. Those 2 statements contradict one-another if you enjoy doing speed runs. This is where communication c…
  • damokles wrote: » TELL ME HOW A RAIDLEADER IS SUPPOSED TO CHECK 40 MAN IN A COMBAT SCENARIO WITHOUT A COMBAT LOG I DARE YOU. ("Just by looking at the team members" wont be counted as an valid answere, because that will never work, except you kn…
  • @Leonerdo I can totally get behind quests to unlock certain class defining abilities. Back in the day these were some of my favourite quests in WoW. Summoning your first void walker as a warlock, getting your bear form as a druid, getting your totam…
  • blackhearted wrote: » Underwater areas are often very beautiful. I want this so bad No more Shark costumes increasing swim speed like in bdo! Completely off topic but that guy's buoyancy control is absolutely shit. As for underwate…
  • This is something Intrepid really need to do on their website better, because it is very unclear what is happening. There are effectively 2 games right now: Ashes of Creation (mmorpg), and Apocalypse (APOC). The mmorpg is currently in pre-alpha and …